test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Portobello's Campaign has Arrived!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
The Day of the Dungeon Master has come! Remember, the party that sticks together dies together!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9891263

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Not if we run with you, @strumslinger .. voted BEST PALLY 3 months running. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    There's a bug in the intro quest. When you need to talk to Flabbergast, if you take the 2nd dialogue option, it credits you for the 1st option. So you get a fluff response, and miss the quest response.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    For anyone desperate for screenshots of the campaign window:

I got silver on the Catching Light contest and received 3 Adventuring Accreditation. There are other sources. For example, there's a daily quest to complete 2 trials at the Burrow Dawn Inn and receive 4 Adventuring Accreditation. Seems very grindy at first impression.

Each reward tier is 100 accreditation. Portobello's Wand of Sight, Intern's fashion, Gargoyle companion, Apocalypse Dagger artifact.

The 0/20 Die Nation thing requires Crystal Dice and gets you an Owlbear Figurine.
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    This whole event is bugged and it just started. way to quality test this stuff before releasing it. None of the quests are completing. what a waste of time.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Two zone contests? Considering the timers on these, and the fact that you have to hang out long enough for them to end, pretty difficult to actually do that on multiple alts.

I figured it would be yet another alt-unfriendly grind, but seems kind of sad, depending how much accreditation you get for other activities.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

Two zone contests? Considering the timers on these, and the fact that you have to hang out long enough for them to end, pretty difficult to actually do that on multiple alts.

Well, 1 of 2 zone contests. The second gets greyed-out when you complete the first, although I didn't test actually doing the second.

It looks like the design is do 1 of 2 queues, 1 of 2 contests, 1 of 2 profession tasks, and do some daily stuff in the Burrow Dawn Inn. I didn't have time to actually run any Burrow Dawn Inn stuff.
  • Options
    I wonder if the profession tasks are the same for everyone or randomized.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    I will say though that I like the kitten in a helmet.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited March 2016

Edit: hmm, dark background makes them invisible
  • Options
    two30 said:

Edit: hmm, dark background makes them invisible
    Pasted to browser. Sub 1-9 in link to view many kitten-hat variants.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    you get 4 Adventuring Accreditation for every Trial of Traps you complete. and 3 for every race you do in burrow down. Running 100 Traps (or 25 of each of the different events we get each week) over the course of a month isn't that bad IMO, especially since you want to farm for the legendary mount anyways (which it would be nice to get confirmation @strumslinger on where exactly it can drop from. it is pretty vague right now what activities you can participate in to get the mount
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Oh er ah... do the trials count as skirmishes?

(It's ok if they don't. That might be too much to ask.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    philmanpw said:

This whole event is bugged and it just started. way to quality test this stuff before releasing it. None of the quests are completing. what a waste of time.

How is the event bugged?

I'm progressing just fine.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Now, why do the two gargoyles remind me of the two old guys in the balcony on The Muppet Show?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Because they're inspired by them. ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statler_and_Waldorf

Ours are named Watler and Stadorf(?)

First impressions - Fun.. Not being able to esc skip the scenes will get old real quick. It has the feel of a country fair.

I like all the jokes. The mountain dew jokes, etc.

Not a whole lot to do tho. I did all the challenges once, and ran the Traps trial 8 times before getting bored.

The doors in the dungeon version of Respens are a little tricky. Let one person open them.

I love the 'armor' mechanic on the Drider. Hope to see more uses of it. (drag her to an exploding rune)
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    I have no idea what to do with the Dungeon Surveys and Blank Report Cards.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    blank report cards are used for completing the portobello's campaign. the dungeon surveys are for the respens campaign.

Also, you can only earn 100 Adventuring Accreditation per week
    Post edited by scathias on
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    noone noticed that in rare instances drop the beholder mount ?:p what does mean that ? while running a quest ? while running a contest ? when you have chance to get a beholder?
  • Options
    Interesting things some of us found:

Drizzt and Minsc have the same character sheet!

All of the players have really terrible penmanship :smile:

There's a well-hidden grave marker, but paying respects doesn't seem to do anything.

Bruenor is the same height as Linu. Is he sitting on a phone book?

You might want to have a little chime or something sound when you get the announcement that the race is about to begin (or a voice-over). It's very easy to miss.

It's hard to hear some of the dialogue over the grunts and yells of NPC's hitting target dummies.

The event sliders (the ones that travel upward) only seem to move once, at the start of combat.

A blade can knock you off the race course even after you've passed it.

If too many people try to open the doors in the dungeon, they get stuck and it bugs the instance (others have mentioned this as well)

Dungeon and Forest evaluation forms should stack.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    if you have to do both queues then mega fail. not everybody has level 70 characters. just ran crag and got nothing so have to assume that both are required.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    strugler2kstrugler2k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It says here: http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/neverwinter/news/neverwinter-portobello-s-campaign-live that there is a tabletop mode somewhere in there? Any body tried it and can help out and what they are talking about?
  • Options
    I wonder if "GREEN FLAME" is a reference to the opening scene in Big Trouble in Little China. At least, that's the first thing I thought of.
  • Options
    katrina913#2530 katrina913 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    stupid update and waste of time how about some class balancing for pvp.............?
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

It says here: http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/neverwinter/news/neverwinter-portobello-s-campaign-live that there is a tabletop mode somewhere in there? Any body tried it and can help out and what they are talking about?

If you go to the queue list, look under "Event". Both Respens and Portobello group queues rake place in a tabletop D&D setting, with you as a figurine.

• Options
    nonewwweeeenonewwweeee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I still have no use for these surveys from Respen's quests. They don't stack so they are filling my inv. Where are they used??
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    dargon#3099 dargon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have a question about the Portobello campaign. I have been running multiple of the event instance on four different characters each day (since the start), but have never gotten a Blank Report Card. Am I doing something wrong, or how do they drop? When I reach the 100 accreditation I fear I will not be able to proceed at all.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

I have a question about the Portobello campaign. I have been running multiple of the event instance on four different characters each day (since the start), but have never gotten a Blank Report Card. Am I doing something wrong, or how do they drop? When I reach the 100 accreditation I fear I will not be able to proceed at all.

The Report cards drop in the Portobello's dungeons, maybe Respen but never seen one yet. They can drop from any creature when kill'd so make sure ya kill everything. Some folks like to just run thru fast, ignore them and go'a huntin. On day 1 there was no limit on getting Report cards but they made a quick fix as everyone is now limited to one. Good Luck!!! :)