test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who would be interested in an Art Dev stream?

2»

Comments

• twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    It sounds like a good idea. It would be interesting hearing about the tools used and the process in general.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Kinda rude, but I can see why you'd be mad. I was also mad after that stream. You can ask the mods.

Even so, these streams aren't about me, especially this prospective one.

Sry if i was rude. I believe you where mad too after the run. But i expected a bit more. For example: We tried Orcur a lot of times and in every try ( all in our grp are almost BIS from 3,5k to 4,1k) he one shots our tank. Doest matter if it was a OP with bubble or a GF with steeldefense. Orcus just one shotted them. I was hoping when you see the same in your vid you will give this information to a dev. But i dont find any response if the devs know this thing. If they know it and i missed this, than plz take my apologize. I was so excited to see CN from your perspektive and i was so excited what you will do against this one shot from Orcus. And all i saw was your oneshot makro and god mode....i dont think regular grps got theese skills, strum. Sry.
    But ur right. My post was really kinda rude. Sry for that.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    I personally love one shot mechanics if the option to avoid them are there.

In a situation where it was pretty obvious the group was not performing well it's hard to give a perspective on the content. The first boss was bugged. The group comp was horrible. Andy was on a completely unfamiliar and sub-par build. And the group just wasn't doing enough damage.

The only thing that could be figured out from that run was to discard it as a fluke and see how the other groups performed. Seriously the live streams have to be the last place the developers look to see how content is performing. The preview forums and the internal tests are the place the developers look but they also will not respond right away as they do have to track data as people learn tactics.

There has never been a module released that somebody doesn't say it is impossibly hard except, possibly, Module 1. ;)

In any case that topic is all fine and dandy but the real discussion here is supposed to be regarding whether or not we want a stream done with the art devs and if so what would you like them to talk about?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    a double AD would gaurantee the zax hits 500 and stays there for weeks at least.

your all way too shortsighted, thinking double AD helps anyone at this time.. sure they dont really care about us (hence removal of wards, even though our economy was fine) so they might grant it to you if you scream loud enough.. but you dont really want it.. not with mounts coming out.. its better if we can keep it in the 400's at least.

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    it will rise to 500 with or without double AD, ALL the players will need mounts/insignas etc...
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The question is would you or would you not appreciate an art dev stream, not would you like some other dev stream or an art dev stream. Whilst I would like one of those other dev streams, we are being offered an art dev stream and I am going to take what is available instead of complaining about what isn't here. We never see art dev streams, so this will be unique and interesting I feel :)
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I'd like to clarify that artists are separate from a lot of the stream suggestions you guys want. They cannot answer questions about major problems in the game, bugs or anything of the matter. We use "dev" as an umbrella term, but at the end of the day, they all specialize in something. Are we going to ask a character animator to fix the GWF bug? No.

This is merely a topic on interest for ART only; not what you'd rather see instead.

hm, the last problem I have in this game is arts and visuals , since I am not the "visual one" that runs arround in pretty coats, or is waiting for new dyes to mix them with each other
    we can ask the character animator to punish the GF for being so rude in PVP...give him a big butt, make him look ugly
    wisely chosen topic :)
    I play this game for it´s combat system most time, it´s fun
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I think itd be cool for D&D and art fans. Not for me, but Ill vote yes for them.

Are there any other options to choose from or is this a yes or no question.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I'm just gauging interest first. Nothing set at all. I figure it'd just be something different that some may enjoy.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

I'm just gauging interest first. Nothing set at all. I figure it'd just be something different that some may enjoy.

Eh, Id watch it. I do appreciate the streams, though Ive been working during the past few.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Would they be open to suggestions on fashion, creature, or weapon design? It's always good to get ideas for what the community would like to see visually.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    I don't think they would oppose suggestions but a stream really isn't the best way to give it. Trust me when you are actively trying to read the text on streams it is extremely hard to pick out comments to respond to from the general statements people give so the chances of them being missed are high and even the chances of the developers remembering every suggestion has to be pretty low.

Additionally it is important to know that an "art" developer isn't an all encompassing job. The art developer that does texture would not necessarily be able to say whether 3D models or animations would be possible.

On top of that they absolutely would not under any circumstances be able to say they will do anything suggested. Projects can not be given a go ahead without the entire chain being in agreement. Those that would know whether a suggestion is feasible would have to be given the time to do it by their bosses and their bosses would not know whether the suggestion was feasible.

Bottom line is that a stream would never be a way to get instant reactions to suggestions. Game developers are a machine of interlocking parts and decisions can't be made without the entire team discussing it. You will never get more than "we can look into it," regardless of what feedback method is used and who is given the feedback. That's true of any development company.