test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ashmadai lair full with lvl 20-30 mages.

wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
So what's up with this. 10-30 mages constantly traveling between blacklake and ashmadai lair ?
Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, was thinking of ghost stories 2 too.

Doh, i was thinking they removed all the resource nodes in the new campaigns just cause of this, still some level designer got a unexplained desire to insert a hidden unguarded religion in the ashmadai lair.....
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Considering all the big profession changes, I think since that point
    we've been allowed to point them out on the boards.

Have also seen them piling up at the exit of the Chasm.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I noticed it in the Chasm as well and posted about it, but was told that it wasn't allowed and the thread was closed. It was only about a month ago.
  • Options
    I honestly do not understand why this should be not allowed, it's not like we are posting "If you do X at Z you get a dupe bug"
    It's more like - "look there are 1000 bots running this instance what are you doing about it"
    Isn't it cheaper/more effective/ more user friendly if a developer takes 2min to delete the resource node they are exploiting instead of watchdoging the forum for posts like those?

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Thanks, was thinking of ghost stories 2 too.

Doh, i was thinking they removed all the resource nodes in the new campaigns just cause of this, still some level designer got a unexplained desire to insert a hidden unguarded religion in the ashmadai lair.....

The nodes in that bit of campaign are in the exact same location they were in the dungeon it was copied from. Nobody added them, but didn't bother to remove them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    Shhhh!
    Without bots refinig costs will skyrocket - probably 10x current prices.
    We can live with bots around as long as they don't annoy us too much with friend requests, but we will more likely die without all R10-12 enchantments, lvl. 100 artefacts and artefact gear.
    And the only possible reason for moderators to delete all threads about boting is that they run bots themselves or benefit from them somehow.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Not just that, somebody in my guild noticed 4 of the "xyz has just got something amazing out of a lockbox" announcements simultaneously. He looked them up and all 4 had similar garbage names, level 70s with green gear and no artifacts and in one of hundreds of instances of the ashmadai lair.
  • Options
    daisemdaisem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    delet it

Post edited by daisem on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    answer is:
    ashmadai lair - 2 skill node
    the water node - 6 skill node

look here:
    all

all can try use names like here in Find Person

question is: how long it will be?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    daisem said:

Created a new account to snitch? Coward.

How long before people catches up to you gear-wise? Not long hopefully.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

daisem said:

Created a new account to snitch? Coward.

How long before people catches up to you gear-wise? Not long hopefully.
    I will try to translate this mindbogging mumbo jumbo to " I think bots are good for low geared players"

No. Bots are not good for anyone, yes they deliver cheap node items (R5 Enchantments and lesser marks) but break the game in terms of open connections to server/lag/economy and balance based on them/developer not getting money - hence worse support to the game and so on and so forth....

• Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    What do you think will happen if Cryptic decides to go draconian on bots?
    probably more DDoS attacks. be careful what you wish for. Internet is a dangerous place.
    If I were forced to choose between living with bots and no DDoS, and living without bots and occasional DDoS, then my decision is simple.
  • Options
    If you mean that 90% of those gold selling sites belong to cryptic - i must agree with that but they don't need bots to create ingame items.

Dunno, i just don't think bots are good for the players - yea cheap R5's are good for upgrading your artifacts, but those same bots make you gain less AD from the items you get as loot - so basic farming consists momentarily of ToS queue.
    I blame the lack of content to grind, but as soon as there is something worth grinding - imagine 0.001% drop rate for the new bear cubs from bears in IWD - bots will reduce their price to 5K AD in a matter of weeks.

And to take decisions based on the idea - "if not you get DDOS-ed" is so flawed - what's next change the portrait of the Lord of Neverwinter to the twitter guy or else DDOS ?

• Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2016

And to take decisions based on the idea - "if not you get DDOS-ed" is so flawed - what's next change the portrait of the Lord of Neverwinter to the twitter guy or else DDOS ?

Why do you think that guy is DDoSing Cryptic? For fun?
    No. DDoS attack is punishment for something.
    Previously, he DDoS because AD was removed from leadership.
    Why is he attacking this time? I don't know.
    If Cryptic can not defend against his attacks, then Cryptic should capitulate.
    Cryptic loses money when NW, STO, etc. are unplayable. Fighting a losing battle is self-destructive.
    The Art of War by Sun Tzu
    "He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious."
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    delet it
    Post edited by daisem on
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I wouldn't say the bots are good for cryptic, but they're convenient. Without them, Cryptic would have to fix the economy. Removing the bots as EVE found out removes a lot of lag.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    sangrine said:

That would be giving in to blackmail. And that ALWAYS just leads to escalated demands. Soon Cryptic will be giving 90% of their revenue to people threatening to DDOS them :)

Best solution is to find the guy and turn him over to the police. In case you wondered, intentionally disrupting a service IS punishable by law.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

mmm1001 said:

Shhhh!
    We can live with bots around as long as they don't annoy us too much with friend requests, but we will more likely die without all R10-12 enchantments, lvl. 100 artefacts and artefact gear.
    And the only possible reason for moderators to delete all threads about boting is that they run bots themselves or benefit from them somehow.

We can live with bots around as long as they don't annoy us too much with friend requests

these are 2 kind of bots : 1st is the one that is farming and 2nd is the one that is a goldseller advertising their sites both of them are repeating same movements having the same behaviour.

I'm not sure that is the case. What do you think the bots that make AD through selling their RP do with the AD? They sell the AD. Which they advertise via SPAM.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

sangrine said:

That would be giving in to blackmail. And that ALWAYS just leads to escalated demands. Soon Cryptic will be giving 90% of their revenue to people threatening to DDOS them :)

Best solution is to find the guy and turn him over to the police. In case you wondered, intentionally disrupting a service IS punishable by law.
    Iirc, the kid is from Romania, one of the most corrupt & dysfunctional countries in EU, so I'm fairly certain he won't see much in the way of judicial punishment...