test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

17sec Lostmauth Kill with One DPS (2 GFs 2 DCs 1 TR)

seldomcareseldomcare Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Had to post this. Completely unexpected.

https://youtu.be/4UU5XH6GQn8

Seldom - Executioner Trickster Rogue
Rockstardom - Swordmaster Guardian Fighter
Meta4 - Iron Vanguard Guardian Fighter
Fenris - Virtous Devoted Cleric (Divine Oracle)
Pies - Righteous Devoted Cleric (Divine Oracle)

When I first saw the group comp, of course I was stoked to be running with nothing but buff/debuff classes to amplify my damage. But surely didn't expect the outcome. The 1.5mill stealthed lashing blade into a 4.2 million shadow of demise took off over a 3rd of his health to get the killshot.

Piea contributed what damage he could, but totalled just over 10 million for the run. However, his buffs was paramount to the success of the kill.

For anyone who thought TRs were nerfed beyond relevance, this one's for you.

Enjoy
Post edited by seldomcare on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Righteous DC is a DPS
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Also... Paragon Gaming!
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Now imagine it with a GWF instead of the TR :P

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    meta4kingmeta4king Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    With two GFs? Amazing.
  • Options
    @cscriv79 rockstardom has posted another lostmauth kill video, I went up against two GWFs, I doubled their damage. I've gone against a lot of GWFs. There is only one who contends with me. But never beats me in lostmauth. I assure you, Trickster Rogues are underestimated.

@soonergm I commented toward that. During the fight he contributed just about as much damage as a virtous cleric would in a typical fight. As this was not his focus. His focus was buff/debuff. Actively waiting for appropriate timing.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Well, I do get your point. I just got my righteous to 70. But on xb1 I don't see many virtuous clerics getting 10 million dps on any dungeons. I haven't seen any properly spec'd gwf get beat by anything other than scourge warlocks and that's rare too.

Also I don't know what the deal is but usually the TR is the lowest of all dps in the runs that I've been in where as in mod 5 it was the opposite. What changes have you made to your build to remain competitive?

Do you know what kind of weapon enchantment Fenris uses?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    While this run isnt hard on PC, I don't see anyone doing it this fast. Is there something different between the 2 systems ? I want to say that Lostmauth goes invulnerable once you get to 50% no matter what on PC.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2015

While this run isnt hard on PC, I don't see anyone doing it this fast. Is there something different between the 2 systems ? I want to say that Lostmauth goes invulnerable once you get to 50% no matter what on PC.

Nope it's possible on the PC as well, I have done it numerous times. It's all about the debuffs/buffs from DC's and GF.

Edit: The point is you have to time the buffs and bosses animation. The boss wont stop doing an attack move so if you can kill him before the animation/attack ends Phase 2 will never start.

• Options
    @soonergm I'll find out. And I merely meant that on that particular fight, Piea (Righteous) was focused on buff/debuff, and accrued the typical damage output of a virtous cleric. Just for that fight. The idea was to see if we COULD do it with one dps. Just so happened that we did.

As for staying competitive. The rotation is paramount, at least 50% of the arguement. I personally don't believe any other rogue uses my rotation. It's exposed in the video however. I incorporated two stealthed attacks into one shadow of demise. This was most definitely possible due to the amount of recovery I have. The most underutilized stat by rogues.

Secondly is state distribution, crit is just as important to an executioner build, as it is to great weapon fighters. Finding the balance between power crit and recovery however, is the real task.

Maybe I'll create a guide, because quite frankly, most of the neverwinter population sees rogues as inadequate.

@oldbaldyone the post above couldn't have explained it better. We time everything in accordance with lostmauth's encounter cycle.
  • Options
    Also. Stealthed duelist's flurry, is by far the strongest move a rogue of any spec has. If you watch the vid. The stealth lashing blade that intiated the 4.3 million shadow of demise, was hitting for 500-700k per swing. Mind you, the flurry part of the attack hits 10 times in roughly 2-3 seconds.
  • Options
    The stealthed duelist's flurry* that initiated the shadow of demise

(Correction for above post)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Seldom, I'd love to see a guide from you, I'm levelling a TR atm - he's at L61 as I've been too busy with X2 everything on my other characters for AD generation this week. He is executioner, it seems everyone wants to run perma-stealth for pvp but I'm more interested in him running pve so any help would be great :smiley:
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    If you are able to top the damage board when with an equally equipped GWF in the group I would love to see it and be very interested in your build, so far I have not seen a single TR beat a GWF in a head to head dungeon run.
    The vid is amazing would be interested to see crusendo,flourish and IBS damage with same buff/debuff group (would it be a similar result?)

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    @cscriv79 if cocobutter, the gwf I'm referring to as my main contender was in an identical scenario, I think it would be doable. A gwf is the only other dps class that could given the burst. My enchants are slightly better than his. Once he gets his last bondings from 10 and 11 to 12, It should be more realistic to think so. At his current level, he beat me for the first time in an elol un last night. This was without a GF however, whose buffs favor me more, and a few errors on my part. But, he is definitely not far from exchanging leadership of damage boards through multiple runs. My current Ilvl is 3500. I've run with GWFs over 4000, coco is the only one who's ever given me trouble.

I'll most likely be making a guide on my next day off. I'll post it here.
  • Options
    dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    this is not anything to look at your using gf exploits......
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • Options
    Always so negative.. i think someone likes attention
  • Options
    @dreadkiss Exploits? Lmao. There's no exploit. You could argue that getting 5 and 6 stacks of companions gift from companion respawn is an exploit. But Rockstar's companion doesn't die. His buffs are sherely from 3-4 stacks of companions gift (the normal game mechanic), skill, stat distribution, and spec. Sorry if you're jelly.

@john6522 I'd love to have you in a lostmauth run. In regards to my statement that was my own ignorance of how competing GWFs negate each other. Regardless, that was one instance. I typically only run with one GWF, not two. Id prefer a 3rd buff class. Even still cocobutter is the only one who has ever given me real neck and neck competitions. But I still hold the elol crown. Add me, and we'll get some runs in. We should be running in about an hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    you killing lostmouth with reflect damage from the gf that takes no skill
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • Options

Always so negative.. i think someone likes attention

no i just hate stupidity ....... i hope they suspend you for cheating...
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    The infinite damage loop of which you speak of is only obtainable with a Paladin and a GF. The true strength here is Into The Fray Buff from each GF. I know rock star boost his Team DPS out put over 100% with each encounter used based off of companions gifts bolstering Damage resistance into a huge team buff. I am sure enchantments, buffs and additional debuff's was the also a factor. Two GF cannot deflect that amount of damage, some ticks maybe if Guarded assault is on both of them but nothing that substantial in my experience. Double GF if they are wearing Knights valor really just helps to soften the blow of absorbing 50% of team damage to each of them and further negating the damage absorbed.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    that chunk is coming from the gf i bet i could play and beat at least two or three of them in dps and i cant take chunks off mobs like that he lost a quarter of his health in one hit
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    It does seem crazy I know but believe me Into the fray is nuts when boosted correctly and the right crit hits.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    @dreadkiss you are stubborn and misinformed, and I seriously doubt you would come close. If you watch the video, you can see that my stealth lashing blade hit for 1.4 million, and my shadow of demise hit for 4.3 million the same second. The numbers are right there, clear as day. That's where the chunk of health went.

Rockstar's damage buffs alone equate to almost 180% with into the fray and single target debuffs. Please learn and understand classes mechanics before trying to put your big boy pants on, I don't think they fit.

If you do decide put your big boy pants back on, when you grow into them, I'd love to have a friendly damage contest.
  • Options
    So self hate? I bet you couldn't beat him. You should give it a shot
  • Options
    gt mh havoc i love to show off
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good