test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Maintenance 11/17 at 6am PT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Maintenance is complete!

Update 10:09am PT: A few more drops of madness. ETA of 10:30am PT.

Update 9:56am PT: We're wrapping things up. We may go a little over.

Update 9:20am PT: Since I'm no longer on stream, maintenance is going well.

Neverwinter will have its Underdark maintenance tomorrow 11/17 at 6am PT for roughly 4 hours. Patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9656773

Make sure to attend our maintenance stream tomorrow at 7am during maintenance! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9656173

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    3 hours eh?

hmm, something strangely & pessimistically familiar about this.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
    edited November 2015
    look at that, it's been extended to 4 hours already and we've still got 10 hours or so to go before it even starts.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Hell it's a new expansion, as in any other MMO - expect the first day to be not so smooth :)
    With this in mind..... can't wait for Servers to be back up and me being home from work :)

Patch notes are showing lots of new positive changes and although i am flaming the developers for every little thing (cause i like the game and want it to improve / be more enjoyable with each patch) i must say one thing about this:

Very nice job people,
    Keep up the good work.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    No class balancing, so just new areas with the same balance.... that aint good at all
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Okay, but the launcher says this:
    We will be performing shard maintenance on November 16th from 6-10 AM Pacific (13:00-17:00 UTC). Please check the forums.
    The 16th was yesterday, and even if that was a typo it is now 13:10 UST and the server still shows as up. So what is it people?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    it's not due to start for another 30 minutes

In which case the UST time given is is an hour off.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    The new features are a bit more promising, keep up the work and stay focus on the same direction (wich is please the players more, cause your recents mods and updates haven't been great) to get the game back on its feet...
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

U.S.haven't gone to daylight saving time yet, Europe has, we're in the 3 or 4 week window when the standard time conversion is an hour off. Happens every year and confuses the hell outta me.
    zukn75 said:

ilithyn said:

U.S.haven't gone to daylight saving time yet, Europe has, we're in the 3 or 4 week window when the standard time conversion is an hour off. Happens every year and confuses the hell outta me.
    Yeah, but the thing is UST never changes, it doesn't alternate between Daylight Saving Times and Winter Time. Unlike GMT (what the UK runs on) which is the same as UST for half the year and and 1 hour ahead of it for the other half, but time given in UST is the same year round. Which was why it was invented to have a "GMT version" that could save people the headaches of the whole Daylight Savings mess.
    Which is why this annoys me. If they were using GMT I could understand. (Would still be slightly annoyed but I could see how the differences between Daylight Saving Time and not could confuse issues.)

Sorry, off topic and not a very relevant rant perhaps. I just get miffed. (Of course, a lot of it might have to do with how much I dislight the whole concept of Daylight Saving Time to start with. Never mind me, carry on as you were.)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,335 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    zukn75 said:

ilithyn said:

Both Europe and North America are not in Daylight Saving time at this moment. Daylight Saving time happens in summer if the country/state uses it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The website is experiencing technical difficulties atm (on the launcher)??? or is it only me.
  • lancome2015lancome2015 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Thefabricant its still "Red light" so they still busy with Underdark :)

The website is experiencing technical difficulties atm (on the launcher)??? or is it only me.

• tandowowtandowow Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    there is a little of the patch you can down load now 1333mb.
  • seraericseraeric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

zukn75 said:

ilithyn said:

Yeah, but the thing is UST never changes, it doesn't alternate between Daylight Saving Times and Winter Time. Unlike GMT (what the UK runs on) which is the same as UST for half the year and and 1 hour ahead of it for the other half, but time given in UST is the same year round. Which was why it was invented to have a "GMT version" that could save people the headaches of the whole Daylight Savings mess.
    Which is why this annoys me. If they were using GMT I could understand. (Would still be slightly annoyed but I could see how the differences between Daylight Saving Time and not could confuse issues.)

Sorry, off topic and not a very relevant rant perhaps. I just get miffed. (Of course, a lot of it might have to do with how much I dislight the whole concept of Daylight Saving Time to start with. Never mind me, carry on as you were.)
    Actually GMT never changes either, just like UST. In the UK daylight saving time is GMT+1 or BST (British Summer Time)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    ilithyn said:

zukn75 said:

ilithyn said:

Bookmark a time conversion site, like this one or this one. There's many more out there and you can even set your Windows 10 to display multiple time zone clocks and you can even do similar with earlier versions of windows through the Date and Time settings.

• akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Thanks for the stream guys. it was fun and helped to pass the time a bit. :)
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    zebular said:

Bookmark a time conversion site, like this one or this one. There's many more out there and you can even set your Windows 10 to display multiple time zone clocks and if you can even do similar with earlier versions of windows through the Date and Time settings.

This is the sweetest tip ever. Windows 7 has options to show two additional clocks when hovering over the time and date. Now I can think EVEN LESS!

Thanks, brahhh.

I can safely now return to crafting many, many pairs of pants. As soon as gateway is back up, that is.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Just post times in utc -.-
    edited November 2015
    zebular said:

ilithyn said:

zukn75 said:

ilithyn said:

Bookmark a time conversion site, like this one or this one. There's many more out there and you can even set your Windows 10 to display multiple time zone clocks and you can even do similar with earlier versions of windows through the Date and Time settings.

First off, why would I ever want to run on Windows 10? And why would you assume I would ever run that horrible version? (I did my time with Win95 thank you very much, I have no desire to do it again.)

Also why should I convert when the launcher supposedly have done it for me? Why would I bother in the first place? Normally you'd assume the information on the launcher is correct. Why do they put UST on it when they apparently can't find out to use those converters, they could do like one of their other games and... idk not? Why don't they just remove it?
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    I usually paste the time in google and get local time :) 40min to go for the lazy ones
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    dnosrc said:

Just post times in utc -.-

If the game was based in Europe, I could see that. It is not, it is based in North America and therefore by default, uses the Western Hemisphere's Time Zones, specifically the Time Zone of the home office in California.

edited November 2015
    ilithyn said:

zebular said:

ilithyn said:

zukn75 said:

ilithyn said:

First off, why would I ever want to run on Windows 10? And why would you assume I would ever run that horrible version? (I did my time with Win95 thank you very much, I have no desire to do it again.)

Also why should I convert when the launcher supposedly have done it for me? Why would I bother in the first place? Normally you'd assume the information on the launcher is correct. Why do they put UST on it when they apparently can't find out to use those converters, they could do like one of their other games and... idk not? Why don't they just remove it?
    I guess you didn't read my whole post. That's okay though, you may convert however you like but there is no reason to be testy about it.
    edited November 2015

Maintenance threads used to contain a direct link to some time converter site that calculated the correct time for your timezone. It made things very easy for everybody. I'd love to see that old habit return. It takes little effort, it would please a lot of players and it would save general confusion. Just a thought.

I agree, I'd also like to see this standard return. I just spoke to Andy and he said that we will have this return from now on in Event and Maintenance threads, indeed!
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Any idea when we will be able to play as the specified timeframe indicated on logon window has been passed with no updated comments ... ??
This discussion has been closed.