test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold PvE - Missions Feedback

commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
Welcome to the Stronghold! The Steward and his team have plenty for you to do to keep the land safe.

Please post your feedback on anything related to missions related to Strongholds.

Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
Please use “Bold” face text for the Type then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
(Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
Bug: Collect Supplies
I couldn't click on supply crates in Protector's Enclave.

I feel like I didn't have enough enemies to kill in the area.
Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    BUG: All Washed Up
    Unable to gather chests.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    deireindeirein Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Bug: All Washed Up
    Interacting with a chest doesn't result in obtaining an item and the interaction is not counted towards quest completion. I can't complete the quest. (interaction was not interrupted and I had inventory space and no items in the overflow bag)

ticket #49,978

Also, Ranger NPC quests don't have any shards listed under rewards, but the tips under adventuring/heroic (can't remember which one) shards say those quests should award something. I don't know if that's intended so I can't choose a color, sorry ;p
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    BUG: All Washed Up
    Unable to gather chests.

Thanks! This is fixed internally and should be in the next build.
  • Options
    deirein wrote: »
    Interacting with a chest doesn't result in obtaining an item and the interaction is not counted towards quest completion. I can't complete the quest. (interaction was not interrupted and I had inventory space and no items in the overflow bag)

ticket #49,978

Also, Ranger NPC quests don't have any shards listed under rewards, but the tips under adventuring/heroic (can't remember which one) shards say those quests should award something. I don't know if that's intended so I can't choose a color, sorry ;p

Which quest for the Ranger is not listing a shard reward? He has a direct quest that doesn't give one, and a repeatable quest that does. If this is confusing people, I can review it.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

Which quest for the Ranger is not listing a shard reward? He has a direct quest that doesn't give one, and a repeatable quest that does. If this is confusing people, I can review it.

Stronghold: Keeping the Peace..................Rewards (6,040 XP, 22 Silver, & Stewards Incentive Package (Rank 5 Enchant)
    Defeat 100 enemies. There aren't enough foes on the map to see if this is a repeatable quest.

I don't recal the 1st Heroic Encounter Quest giving any shards either but the 3 HE quest does.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Possible Bug: Dread Ring Support
    I did three missions. It only counted two: Dimensional Anchor, Planar Binding and Dismissal. However, the last time I completed three quests in DR, it counted all three (apologies that I don't remember which ones).

Edited to add: One of those quests must have been a left-over.. I was able to take Red Wizards from Knox, and it completed.
    header.png
  • Options
    Cyclops on Vacation

Today I recieved the Challenge Mission: DeFeat Argemius the Cyclops..........................yet he is no where to be found on the map.....not even a fairy dust trail to follow. Oh the Horror!!!

The Master of Coins the last 2 days had NO missions other than that PvP mission. Today there's a grey'd out Sharamdar quest which will be available in 2 days.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    Cyclops on Vacation

Today I recieved the Challenge Mission: DeFeat Argemius the Cyclops..........................yet he is no where to be found on the map.....not even a fairy dust trail to follow. Oh the Horror!!!

The Master of Coins the last 2 days had NO missions other than that PvP mission. Today there's a grey'd out Sharamdar quest which will be available in 2 days.

You'll find him here (576, 3860):
    lSATJ4A.jpg
    header.png
  • Options
    Thanks instynctive, I found it.

Cyclops_Node.jpg

Appears to be a collision issue with the Challenge node. Either the mushrooms are covering it and/or the hill is. It still didn't appear on the map or a trail even as I stood next to it.
  • Options
    valwryn wrote: »
    Thanks instynctive, I found it.

Appears to be a collision issue with the Challenge node. Either the mushrooms are covering it and/or the hill is. It still didn't appear on the map or a trail even as I stood next to it.

You're welcome.

And I hate to be "that guy", but the cyclops took about 15 seconds to kill.. are these challenges meant for solo play?
    header.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Bug: Owlbears Still "Broken"
    The Owlbears still spawn behind the fallen tree, and they have an odd collision with the tree and with each other...
    I don't mind having to run around the tree to get to them, but maybe it would be better (visually and game-wise) to spawn them farther from the tree?
    aY8vSiy.jpg
    header.png
  • Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I just did that one, and that's exactly what they do...I got my shield maiden to attack, and stood on the the side you are on and pew pew pew and they never touched me.

oh, and where did the damage bar go?
  • Options
    deireindeirein Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    deirein wrote: »

ticket #49,978

My mistake, complete 3 HEs gives 10 shards indeed. Completing Travel with Care allowed me to get the shard quest.

• Options
    dulcemadulcema Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Since Friday's patch, 7-17-15 The mobs of the missions (quests from the builder) no longer have health bars. You basically have no idea when they will die, but eventually they do.
    cyclops_1.png
    35923643-f9fe-4545-86b5-64c8335094bb.jpg
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    While the Cyclops and Giant are easy to kill with DPS, they are a nuisance to do with a DC with the same basic gear.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The giant takes forever for a DC to kill, or it did for me. The Cyclops is not so bad, as there is nothing that spawns near where he is.
  • Options
    While the Cyclops and Giant are easy to kill with DPS, they are a nuisance to do with a DC with the same basic gear.
    The giant takes forever for a DC to kill, or it did for me. The Cyclops is not so bad, as there is nothing that spawns near where he is.

Umm.. maybe because DCs are healers..?
    header.png
  • Options
    Not on a Righteous build with lots of crit and power. I think the problem lies with the fact that DC is one of the hardest class to stack arpen on, as very little of the armors have it on it.
  • Options
    Not on a Righteous build with lots of crit and power. I think the problem lies with the fact that DC is one of the hardest class to stack arpen on, as very little of the armors have it on it.

Ummm.. so maybe DCs are supposed to be healers..?

header.png
  • Options
    Only problem with that is, as a healer DC it is very difficult to get through the Elemental Evil zones solo. That is why if you are a solo DC, only like to run campaigns etc solo, you almost have to go with a Righteous build. What is scary is it is easier for a Oath of Devotion Paladin to do it, at least for me. And that is with a light build, not a justice one. Now I imagine my Oath of Devotion Paladin is going to take forever to kill them too.
  • Options
    BUG: Eye of Gruumsh Stuck in a Tree by the Ancient Lake
    Eye of Gruumsh Stuck in a Tree by the Ancient Lake

qKlwI3O.jpg

uhfqfy4.jpg
    header.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Feedback (My Only Enemy is Time)

This is a fun quest (need more like it). Have 3 minutes to slay as many foes as ya can. Defeat 30 for a Teir 2 award, 60 for a Teir 3, which is a few Shard vouchers. Soloing, the best i have done is 43. A party should easily mow the countyside of Orcs, Spiders, Demons, Wild Animals, and Drakes to get the 60.
    B)
    Post edited by valwryn on
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the relative silence on my part, I was away on a little vacation with the family.

There should be a fix for several issues that you've brought up in an upcoming patch, including having to play "guess the Cyclops" in Fae Canopy.
  • Options
    Vacation!? While SH preview is all broken! How dare you!!!
    </sarcasm>

Welcome back. Hope you had a relaxing time. :-)
    header.png
  • Options
    One other thing to note regarding missions, based off of everyone's feedback and our own internal discussions, we'll be taking out the daily mission to kill Tiamat.

Our reasoning is along the lines of what other people have pointed out; since we do not have a way for 25 people in your guild to queue together to do this, the daily mission would not be as fun.

You'll be seeing this in a future patch.
  • Options
    ID-10077777-300x300.jpg

header.png