test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Updates

I apologize if this is posted somewhere else on the forums, but I have been unable to find it thus far.

Is there an approximate schedule (not actual dates, merely a basic plan) for what power sets will be updated? I know Telekenisis is on the PTS right now, but I was wondering about a few other sets that are in need of some updates (I'm looking at you Force and Gadgeteering)

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    relkar said:

I apologize if this is posted somewhere else on the forums, but I have been unable to find it thus far.

Is there an approximate schedule (not actual dates, merely a basic plan) for what power sets will be updated? I know Telekenisis is on the PTS right now, but I was wondering about a few other sets that are in need of some updates (I'm looking at you Force and Gadgeteering)

No schedule at least no public one. The updates tend to float around a theme though. I don't think gadgeteering itself will be tackled until things like pets and passives can be more addressed globally. Basically I do know that passives, forms, and pets they want to address at the same time hence why they have yet to be touched.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Posts: 23 Arc User
    Gadgeteering isn't in too bad a place as a secondary to mix in with other stuff. A pet overhaul would do it more good than just getting it's kit looked at.

Personal opinion:

Force: Dire need.

Earth/Might: Moderate

All the rest could use tweaks, but Force is just...wow. And the whole Might category could really use reworking to have a couple of tools internal to it's own theme and some mechanical tweaks, imo. They could create a half-dozen reskins of other powers for Earth alone without getting crazy like making all new powers, for instance. Melee it can mostly borrow from Might, but it's lacking in utility. Wouldn't hurt to add some piercing/slashing damage attacks, either, to make Earth Form a more interesting choice. HW has a decent amount of powers already, but could use a bit of tweaking of advantages to create some more interesting effects. And Relentless needs to be turned into something not terrible. Or give it Furious instead. Or something.

Single power suggest: Aspect of the Machine needs a 2nd way to build stacks.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    And of course, telepathy always needs help. Preferably from someone who has the tiniest amount of respect for the concept of Crowd Control. (Preferably keeping in the all too common theme of "Oh god, we aggroed a second spawn in the Q-zone, someone lock it down NOW!")
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

And of course, telepathy always needs help. Preferably from someone who has the tiniest amount of respect for the concept of Crowd Control. (Preferably keeping in the all too common theme of "Oh god, we aggroed a second spawn in the Q-zone, someone lock it down NOW!")

Current CC works pretty well for that.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Agreed. My telepath-CCer is a very effective controller.
    The reason it doesn't seem to work well is that team members won't respect your CCing in PUG content. They just attack everything randomly, ruining your CC.

Take a premade team into Cybermind with your CCer, and CC two spherical probes while everyone attacks the third. Suddenly, the hardest round become super easy.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Hopefully by the time we move to other powersets they're over this whole homogenization nonsense. We don't need any more powersets with "build x stacks then rupture with y ability" that's getting old, boring, and many of the sets that they have done this too have lost a lot of their uniqueness and flavor, while also losing cross power synergy.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Gadgeteering isn't in too bad a place as a secondary to mix in with other stuff. A pet overhaul would do it more good than just getting it's kit looked at.
    As a secondary it may be fine, but as as primary, it's pretty much unusable. Pulse Beam Rifle is the closest thing to decent single target damage, but none of its AoEs are worth a damn. If you want to properly debuff the target's resistance to Pulse Beam Rifle, you have to look to Power Armor or Laser Sword. Thanks to MSA not working well with any of the sets own powers except for Tractor Beam, you're going to find yourself going out-of-set for something with a 3-6 sec cooldown to guarantee close to 100% uptime on its energy returns. You're also stuck looking out-of-set for AoE because Experimental Burst Ray is lousy overall and Sonic Boom Generator could be good, but it synergizes with nothing that I'm aware of.

So as much as I dread the thought of MSA getting its balls shackled to gadgeteering exclusively, it might be worth the tradeoff. I honestly don't think they could make gadgeteering any worse than it is currently.
    I don't think gadgeteering itself will be tackled until things like pets and passives can be more addressed globally. Basically I do know that passives, forms, and pets they want to address at the same time hence why they have yet to be touched.
    [Citation needed]

I don't see why Gadgeteering really needs to wait for some pet overhaul to happen. It only has 3 pets, not counting the Mechanical Monstrosity ultimate since that's available to the entire Technology powergroup. Remember, Sorcery already had its revamp and has over twice as many--7 or so I believe.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    aesica said:

I don't see why Gadgeteering really needs to wait for some pet overhaul to happen. It only has 3 pets, not counting the Mechanical Monstrosity ultimate since that's available to the entire Technology powergroup. Remember, Sorcery already had its revamp and has over twice as many--7 or so I believe.​​

Most of gadgeteering is support powers, to begin with, with some of the more powerful attack powers. And as far as sorcery, most of the pt powers weren't really touched beyond fixing a broken effect but the pets themselves were not touched.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Most of gadgeteering is support powers, to begin with, with some of the more powerful attack powers. And as far as sorcery, most of the pt powers weren't really touched beyond fixing a broken effect but the pets themselves were not touched.
    No, Gadgeteering is not mostly support powers. Assuming "support" means "powers you'll use to help teammates rather than harm foes or boost your own strength," here's the list of support powers in Gadgeteering:
    • Bionic Shielding
    • Medical Nanites
    • Miniaturization Drive
    • Support Drones
    • Resurrection Serum
    That's 5 out of 36 total powers.

Then, there's the pets:
    • Support Drones (overlaps with support)
    • Attack Toys
    • Munitions Bots

That's 3 out of 36 powers.

Everything else is the typical mix of energy builders, forms, energy unlocks, damage powers, and random utility crap with value ranging from high to nonexistant. All things you'll find in most other frameworks.

This stuff makes up the bulk of the framework: 29 out of 36 powers.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    And raise your hand if you use Gadgeteering for DPS....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters