test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Talon is too easy

sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Suggestions Box
This is a problem that's been put on the back burner for too long. Black Talon, the Qular Invasion is *WAY* too easy.

As a character, Black Talon is supposed to be one of Dr. Destroyer's trusted lieutenants. The power armored suit was designed by the evil genius himself, and while the same resources were not clearly not put into the Black Talon armor as Dr. Destroyer's own suit, it's still been designed by the same mind. So, it should be one of the most advanced suits of power armor in the world.

And he goes down like a chump to some rookie straight out of superhero school.

The fight needs to be tougher. Black Talon himself should be an open world cosmic boss, and new players should have to pay their dues leveling on the Qular invasion map for atleast a week before being geared up enough to face him.

The fight should also require some amount of coordination. My suggestions for the attacks he should have:

You have ofcourse your main attack, that's a 90 degree cone that pretty much will kill everything except a blocking tank.

There should be a massive 360 AoE attack that insta-kills everyone who isn't blocking.

There should be a rear-250 degree arc attack that insta-kills everyone hit, blocking or not.

Finally, there should be a 360 AoE dot attack that will weed out any DPSer who doesn't have a self-heal.

In addition to all that, I suggest having a drone called 'Little BT' that Black Talon spawns when he's at 2/3rds health, like one of those scout drones from resistance. The drone will fly around looking for players, and if it spots one, all the players have to do the wave emote at it, or it'll trigger a nuke attack that kills all the players and restores Black Talon to full health. In addition, if the drone takes *any* damage, at all, from say the one noob who doesn't know how the fight goes or somebody with a stray AoE, the nuke is triggered and the team has to start all over. Directions for these types of fights are usually posted, so we should expect everyone to look them up beforehand.

That, I feel should bring Black Talon up to the level of toughness he is in his lore.

I'm a lifetime subscriber who has been playing this game for about three years now. It's frustrating to have these new players show up, do the same content I did years ago and get the same stuff I did. I was here first dammit, so it should be harder for them to get where I'm at.
Post edited by sannia1 on

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    sannia1 said:

The fight needs to be tougher. Black Talon himself should be an open world cosmic boss, and new players should have to pay their dues leveling on the Qular invasion map for at least a week before being geared up enough to face him.

Legendary, at best. Dr. Destroyer would be a Cosmic, perhaps, but not Black Talon.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    At least a week? Are you serious? That is how you want to prepare new players for this game?

No, you're going about it all wrong. A week may be fine for leveling, but overall they should be required to learn coordination with their fellow players as well so they can learn the basics of various roles--tanking, healing, dealing damage, cc'ing, crafting, cheerleading, and that guy who snipes in just enough damage at the end to qualify for rewards.

They also need to learn how gearing up in this game really works. I suggest several of Black Talon's most trusted underlings be found in various parts of the invasion map, each requiring no less than 20 people to take down. Each victory will yield 2-3 CCR (Copper Champion Recognition) to people who meet the participation threshold. CCR will be the currency required to purchase the starter gear, and each piece of gear should sell for about 275 CCR for primaries and 225 for secondaries.

It's about time we modernized the tutorial and made it fun!
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Guys, the tutorial should be easy, not hard. Its SUPPOSED to be soloable.
  • Options
    barebones#2880 barebones Posts: 15 Arc User
    > I'm a lifetime subscriber who has been playing this game for about three years now. It's frustrating to have these new players show up, do the same content I did years ago and get the same stuff I did. I was here first dammit, so it should be harder for them to get where I'm at.

So new players shouldn't get to start out where you started?
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    Guys, I am about 90% sure this is a satire thread.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I got a good laugh out of this, well done OP.

• Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    beezeeze said:

I got a good laugh out of this, well done OP.

That said...*pushes up glasses* the tutorial is a simulation now so... we never actually fight black talon outside of Sky Command.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    The BT in Sky command need to be shot more.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    This may be satire, but Black Talon could have a few more hit points so he lives long enough to teach people what he's meant to teach them.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    riltmos said:

Guys, I am about 90% sure this is a satire thread.

Nope, it's 1000% supar srs! Copper Champion Recognition needs to exist to newbies can see what sorts of soul-crushing grinds lay in store for them. Giving newbies gear for free just by talking to a quest NPC goes against the design direction this game has been taken in lately.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Black Talon in sky command could use a little buff... yeah
    Black Talon in the tutorial... no, he's meant to be the tutorial boss, aka baby's first boss not the first semi-possible roadnlock [kevin poe does that]
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    Black Talon in the tutorial is decently challenging for new players. There's no need for a buffing...

Personally, and contrary to a popular belief, i think Ao'qephoth is himself very squishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Wait, we're supposed to fight Black Talon in the tutorial? I normally just wait for Defender to take care of him.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Brilliantly done OP, just brilliant :D
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Maybe the pilot was just a newbie, since he's in the TUTORIAL?
    Because the suit is the Black Talon, not the pilot.......
    I guess OP is new. Since i remember the days when people wanted Black Talon to be made easier.
    Maybe they should put one of the Epic Galactic Class Cosmics in the Tutorial, one with 900 billion Health. That would be OK, since you have to do the Tutorial only once, you can skip it after that.
    It would surely teach people how to BLOCK.
    Yup.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Maybe the pilot was just a newbie, since he's in the TUTORIAL?
    Because the suit is the Black Talon, not the pilot.......
    I guess OP is new. Since i remember the days when people wanted Black Talon to be made easier.
    Maybe they should put one of the Epic Galactic Class Cosmics in the Tutorial, one with 900 billion Health. That would be OK, since you have to do the Tutorial only once, you can skip it after that.
    It would surely teach people how to BLOCK.
    Yup.

That or ragequit so hard they got permanent brain damage....

probably the second one. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The OP is too easy.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gradii said:

The OP is too easy.

The OP probably doesn't have 12 Million HP and a regen mechanic with a borderline impossible damage check.
    So then as stated, too easy.
  • Options
    The Op should use Con PSS. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters