Install Arc
Options

Skill Object Maps

2»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    where is it? Hmm.... The Lemurian part of Monster Island?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cannot remember what type of node this is.

Whatkindofnodisthis-001.jpg

I know that it is not an Arms node, so it's either a Science node or a Mystical node.

Anyone? Anyone? { looks around the classroom }
    Mysticism, the Science nodes in that area (Snake Gulch in the Desert) are boxes of Robot parts.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hunh, I'll be on the lookout for those next time I'm there.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mysticism, the Science nodes in that area (Snake Gulch in the Desert) are boxes of Robot parts.

I knew somebody would remember. Thanks. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    More First Tier Mods (Skill points 001 - 100) . These are east and just a bit north of the jet.

Ground level.
    -
    DessertArms-033.jpg

Up on the spiral cliff face.
    -
    DessertArms-034.jpg

Also up on a cliff face.
    -
    DessertArms-035.jpg
    -
    -
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Maps are great.

But, for part 2 of the project(not that part 1 is done), we need to make lists of what you can get from the various ranks of nodes. I've done some work on this, but the bulk of my work is on T1 and 2 arms nodes, with some on T1 mystic..

Also, I'm going to measure the maps that I have access to before deciding on the best method of charting them. My Canada mapping failed because I couldn't make a large enough map sheet at the resolution I was using. But that happened because I didn't even think about how much bigger the Canada map was compared to MC. It is quite true that the mapping method I used in MC worked reasonably well, but using it in Canada would have required me to make a ridiculously large map sheet.... I tried it at 6000/6000 and it just didn't work. :/
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    so... I used the /loc command to measure a few zones:

Millenium City:
    SW corner: -2569/-65/-2846
    SE notch: 10139/1670/-2846
    SE corner: 11061/1863/-2846
    NEE notch: 11050/2394/1207
    NNE notch: 9128/2689/2929
    NNW notch: 4129/3061/2674

Canada:
    NW corner: -4366/ 857/ 4534
    NE corner: 3150/2321/ 4534
    SE corner: 3150/2884/-4735
    SW corner: -4366/2884/-4735

Desert:
    SSW notch: -2434/186/2864
    W extent: -3551/496/455
    NNW notch: -2817/486/1668
    N extent: -898/416/1882
    E extent: 4142/452/383
    S extent: 1254/304/-2913

Hunh... MC is bigger than I thought. :P Although a giant chunk is the westside, which I have no reason to map.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And now:

Monster Island:
    E extent: 3599/151/-1022
    W extent: -2814/705/-771
    N extent: 330/1501/5056
    S extent: 1281/1453/-5799

Lemuria:
    E extent: 3290/3737/1898
    S extent: 3034/3737/-427
    W extent: -252/3737/5058
    N extent: 1651/3737/5783

Sooo.... What are the mapped dimensions?

MC:
    N/S; 2674/-2846 = 5520 high
    W/E; 4129/-2569 = 6698 wide (this leaves out the westside, since it lacks mods)

Canada:
    N/S; 4534/-4735 = 9269
    W/E; 3150/-4366 = 7516

Desert:
    N/S; 1882/-2913 = 4795
    W/E; 4142/-3551 = 7693

Monster Island:
    N/S; 5056/-5799 = 10855
    W/E; 3599/-2814 = 6413

Lemuria:
    N/S; 5783/-427 = 6210
    W/E; 3290/-252 = 3542

So MC is actually one of the larger maps when you look at the whole thing. But on the small end without the Westside.

EDIT: I calculated MC's width wrong.
    W/E; 4129/11061 = 6932

enh it's not that different actually. Either way Westside is about half the city.. O-o'
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm leveling a Squall and using Mysticism to help with finding some of those nods. It's more about finding the nods then actually leveling that skill.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    oh, cool. I might get back to charting things soon-ish.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    codewar65codewar65 Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been mapping out skill objects in various zones and adding them to our maps. Not sure if anyone could use something like this. Turn on the layer on the map that you are looking for.

Millennium City

Other zones that currently have nodes mapped or partially mapped: Desert Disaster and Southwest Desert. Selectable from our menu.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Maps with resource skill nodes:

Millennium City
    Desert Disaster
    Crisis in Canada
    Southwest Desert

Started work on Canadian Wilderness and then moving onto Monster Island and points beyond.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Did you look on the wiki at the maps that are already available? I'd hate for you to spend hours duplicating either my work or Stearc's. http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Maps

Nice map though. :D

Monster Island and Lemuria have nodes too, I actually spent a while today looking around Lemuria and charted several points.

Um... I'm just guessing, but Lemurian mystic are those round, white flat altar looking things, and the science are the crates of Orichalcum?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Did you look on the wiki at the maps that are already available? I'd hate for you to spend hours duplicating either my work or Stearc's. http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Maps

Nice map though. :D

Monster Island and Lemuria have nodes too, I actually spent a while today looking around Lemuria and charted several points.

Um... I'm just guessing, but Lemurian mystic are those round, white flat altar looking things, and the science are the crates of Orichalcum?

I haven't used anyones data but my own. I looked at some coordinates on some spread sheets I found, but there were a little off. So I'm got my own coordinates. These are gotten by being exactly over the item in question prior to doing a /loc. I know, it's my OCD.

Our Monster Island map is complete. Finishing up Lemuria now, should be complete tomorrow. Maps with nodes on our site are: Millennium City, Desert Disaster, Southwest Desert, Crisis in Canada, Canadian Wilderness, Monster Island, Lemuria. Only map left to do is Vibora Bay. Other maps are there for completeness sake and to show other non-skill node location information (Queen City, Vibora Bay Apocalypse, Tutorial)

Also, we now have the domain name paragondawn.com if you want to correct the CO Wiki link to our site.

Peace,
    CW

P.S.: Just looked at your maps. They are too small in size for me to use. I screencapped my own and stitched them with my Corel Photo-Paint X6. For example, our Canadian Wilderness map image is a 173 MB 15,271 x 18,829 .png file.
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ^^ This thread. Thank you now off to work on modding!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    codewar65 wrote: »
    I haven't used anyones data but my own. I looked at some coordinates on some spread sheets I found, but there were a little off. So I'm got my own coordinates. These are gotten by being exactly over the item in question prior to doing a /loc. I know, it's my OCD.

Our Monster Island map is complete. Finishing up Lemuria now, should be complete tomorrow. Maps with nodes on our site are: Millennium City, Desert Disaster, Southwest Desert, Crisis in Canada, Canadian Wilderness, Monster Island, Lemuria. Only map left to do is Vibora Bay. Other maps are there for completeness sake and to show other non-skill node location information (Queen City, Vibora Bay Apocalypse, Tutorial)

Also, we now have the domain name paragondawn.com if you want to correct the CO Wiki link to our site.

Peace,
    CW

P.S.: Just looked at your maps. They are too small in size for me to use. I screencapped my own and stitched them with my Corel Photo-Paint X6. For example, our Canadian Wilderness map image is a 173 MB 15,271 x 18,829 .png file.
    Well, I meant more as a guide to locations that are known to exist, rather than actually using the map file itself.

Either way, I'm interested in checking your work out. :D

EDiT: looked over Lemuria, there's a Mysticism node at 470-5015, 780-2750 and an Arms one at 2030-4825. Nice work though, your map is pretty good.

I'm not seeing any crafting nodes marked on your Canada map.

BTW, want the coordinates for the Crevice of DOOM!? I found a crack in the seascape that lets you swim inside the map geo. It's REALLY hard to get out of once you're stuck there though. It's just a novelty/annoyance with no practical purpose. Enh, it's pretty close to 120-3770, but up on top of the rocks.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, I meant more as a guide to locations that are known to exist, rather than actually using the map file itself.

Either way, I'm interested in checking your work out. :D

EDiT: looked over Lemuria, there's a Mysticism node at 470-5015, 780-2750 and an Arms one at 2030-4825. Nice work though, your map is pretty good.

I'm not seeing any crafting nodes marked on your Canada map.

BTW, want the coordinates for the Crevice of DOOM!? I found a crack in the seascape that lets you swim inside the map geo. It's REALLY hard to get out of once you're stuck there though. It's just a novelty/annoyance with no practical purpose. Enh, it's pretty close to 120-3770, but up on top of the rocks.

Nodes are there for Canada. I paniced and just checked. lol. I just finished up my Lemuria map. I will scout out those points to double check. Thanks. :)

If you guys at CO Wiki want my clean maps of Champions, let me know. They are huge bitmaps with no text or markers on them (aside from ingame icons, etc) and the fog of war cleared. I can make them available to you somehow.

Good work you are doing over there on the Wiki btw, keep it up. We need resources for potential new players. I know when I started playing the game, there were no maps to be found that I liked. This was one of the reasons for my map project.

Peace,
    CW
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Btw, when I was going around Lemuria myself I realized that many of the point in Lemuria can be seen on the world map. The science ones are blue lines, and the mystic ones are round grey dots. Arms are a PAIN, because while visible on the map, they tend to blend in with the scenery(they're small brown marks).

Lemuria's not unique in that regard. I first noticed it in the Desert. The Mystic points are often lime green skeletons, and lime green sticks out on the desert map. Canada has a wide variety of node shapes. Some of which are essentially invisible on the map. Grey arms crates on white snow? yeah good luck with that.... And Canada has backpack science objects a lot, and those are TINY, so IF you could see them on the map they'd be a random speck. What, if anything, Skill Nodes look like on the map is different for each shape of skill node.

The wiki software seems to have size limits for pictures... It went nuts when I uploaded my Canada maps. It can't make preview panes for them. We do have maps of decent quality, but they're not highly detailed. I'm going to revise the skill object maps. The mapping technique I was using had severe limits and really only worked in Millenium city. In theory I could make it work elsewhere, but it'll be a royal pain to do so. So I decided to continue making screencaps of node locations and add markers to a chart.... But yours is already far ahead of what I was doing.

Which reminds me.... as far as I can tell your maps do not distinguish between skill node qualities. Canada I know to have three tiers of skill nodes.

Oh now I see.... for some reason I have to use the menu to turn on the display of skill nodes for maps other than Lemuria.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Btw, when I was going around Lemuria myself I realized that many of the point in Lemuria can be seen on the world map. The science ones are blue lines, and the mystic ones are round grey dots. Arms are a PAIN, because while visible on the map, they tend to blend in with the scenery(they're small brown marks).

Lemuria's not unique in that regard. I first noticed it in the Desert. The Mystic points are often lime green skeletons, and lime green sticks out on the desert map. Canada has a wide variety of node shapes. Some of which are essentially invisible on the map. Grey arms crates on white snow? yeah good luck with that.... And Canada has backpack science objects a lot, and those are TINY, so IF you could see them on the map they'd be a random speck. What, if anything, Skill Nodes look like on the map is different for each shape of skill node.

The wiki software seems to have size limits for pictures... It went nuts when I uploaded my Canada maps. It can't make preview panes for them. We do have maps of decent quality, but they're not highly detailed. I'm going to revise the skill object maps. The mapping technique I was using had severe limits and really only worked in Millenium city. In theory I could make it work elsewhere, but it'll be a royal pain to do so. So I decided to continue making screencaps of node locations and add markers to a chart.... But yours is already far ahead of what I was doing.

Which reminds me.... as far as I can tell your maps do not distinguish between skill node qualities. Canada I know to have three tiers of skill nodes.

Oh now I see.... for some reason I have to use the menu to turn on the display of skill nodes for maps other than Lemuria.

I noticed that some nodes are visible on the map as well. I use it to spot check for missing locations.

I do not as of yet distinguish between skill level. That is on my todo list but I just want to get the points in and up first. I often have all the layers turned on while I'm working on them locally and forget to turn them off for default before I upload them.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    codewar65 wrote: »
    I noticed that some nodes are visible on the map as well. I use it to spot check for missing locations.

I do not as of yet distinguish between skill level. That is on my todo list but I just want to get the points in and up first. I often have all the layers turned on while I'm working on them locally and forget to turn them off for default before I upload them.
    Even if you don't mark the node qualities in the current draft, it'd be good to make a record of them for later. I've gotten into the habit of doing that when I make screencaps, such as arms47.3. The .3 is the rank of the node and the number is the number of screencaps I've made of nodes of that type on that map.

yeah... 47 isn't an exaggeration though. I've done more than 50 arms alone for Canada. And yet my map of Canada looks like a Kleenex after a cat played with it. :D

Hmm... I should make more pictures of what skill nodes look like and add them to the Wiki. Canada has some WEIRD ones. Some of the mystic ones in Canada are dreamcatchers. Canada also has one of the few types that isn't a weapon crate for Arms. Namely the stacked spears. Yeah... don't look for those on the map. :/ Actually I think that type is in Monster Island too in the manimal areas. Mystic has the most interesting ones. some of the nodes in Canada are big glowing gems... Then there's the nodes in the area with the Frog aliens. Hehe, it's a nice touch that the frog aliens have their own distinctive Skill objects.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I was looking at this again and thought of an easy way to distinguish node ranks. colored tick marks! http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Rankdemo-542905386

the red X is for bugged nodes that are unusable.

MI:
    Mystic crystal:
    251/174/4563
    lemurian shrine:
    498/725/2274
    Post edited by markhawkman on
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Echinocos Shores on MI has the only T4 mod caches I've found (at least for Mysticism). It's only Echinocos Shores too - both Andrith and the Viper area have T3. At least the Mysticism ones in the area are easy to spot, because they're glowy psionic ones, and I think I have a complete or near complete map in my head - i'll see if I can't put something together. If there exist T4 Arms and Science caches, I'd look there for them.

(There's a bunch of bugged Myst caches in the southern area of Canada which may be functionally T4, have not been back to check).
  • Options
    All I really need are a few sets of /loc coordinates.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Note: these are Arms nodes.

-2348/ 268/-820 in Canada is rank1.
    -3096 101 -1351 in Canada is rank1.
    -3147 312 -2165 is 1.
    -3320 309 -3995 is 1
    -1426 108 -3965 is 2
    -865 259 -4000 is 2
    -354 223 -3984 is 2
    141 181 -3590 is 2
    384 201 -3293 is 2
    2298 94 -2972 is 2
    2046 92 -2126 is 2
    2179 71 -2322 is 2 <not on Paragon Dawn chart
    1755 81 -2311 is 2
    1460 78 -2309 is 2

-2330 30 2879 on Monster island is listed as part of Echinocos, but is rank 3
    -650 180 4522 is 3
    -175 583 3425 is 3

what specific locations were you thinking of?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Okay, I've only looked at Mysticism ones. It's all the Psionic Foci in Echinocos Shores (at least that I can find). They drop R4 mods and routinely increase mysticism skill above 301. I presume that's sufficient to qualify them as T4.

Locations (standing right on top of the foci):
    1973 82 3266
    1539 157 3801
    1225 254 3798
    981 455 3209
    584 407 3776
    -253 456 3726
    -255 230 4371
    259 448 4255
    252 174 4562
    -1019 108 4288
    -1371 102 4064
    -1534 343 3314
    -2115 -4 3354
    -783 231 4308
    -1382 219 3845
    1278 455 3337
    1509 364 3300
    1776 39 4004
    716 586 3084
    -1016 448 3413
    -894 1 4542

(Not the best ordering, but some were missing on my first pass, and a couple I hadn't previously been aware of and found trying to be thorough. That is almost certainly all of the mysticism caches in Echinocos Shore.) All confirmed to drop R4 mods.

I went to -2330 30 2879 and couldn't find a mod cache there. It's pretty much right next to a Viper hydro survey camera, and that location is definitely in Slither Beach, not Echinocos Shore.

The other two you mentioned:
    -650 180 4522 is an arms cache, and I'm unable to test it.
    -175 583 3425 is also an arms cache.

So, maybe it's just Mysticism which is R4 in the area. Someone should test Science in Echinocos Shores.

Edit: The bugged mysticism caches in Canada are all psionic foci, down around the Argent / Hunter Patriot area in teh far south (ie, quest Get the Dirt on Argent area). Not the caches that are actually *in* the area, those are all skull and books, but the ones around the outskirts of the area, where there are ice wolves just chilling right outside the Argent area there. Definitely bugged, because they say you need Myst 101+ when you have 101+.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I added a note at the start of my last post that ALL of what I was testing was Arms.

Hmm... -2330 30 2879 IS exactly where you said it is. The game said that region was part of Echinocos though. And it's a Viper weapon case. I have yet to see any T4 Arms caches in Monster Island. And yes I checked those Elder worm boxes.

Hmm... this is one of the bad things about having only one character that is level 40. If I have Tsin'xing switch to Mystic then I have to rank up again, and she's nearly to T4.

One glitch I've encountered in Canada is nodes that are hybrid. To interact requires the skill associated with that object type, BUT to actually get mods requires a DIFFERENT skill type. Such as an arms crate that will check your mysticism level... needless to say this makes those nodes unusable.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Heh, it's about time I got back to this. Anyways, I have a second character now. I went to Canada Crisis for the lols... It has rank 1 nodes. Also it's not the full Canada map and only a circle centered on Steelhead. so it only has rank 1 nodes as far as I can tell. I'm currently trying to correlate locations to figure out if they're the same spots as the regular map.

And now I looked and you guys have that mapped already...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters