What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eidolon ASSaulted

Comments

• Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Just gonna post here for an update on Eido: Spent a couple hours looking into the issue where he sometimes cancels out of his maintain when he's healing from the orbs. Unfortunately there's nothing apparent as to what's causing this. I can say that it has absolutely nothing to do with any player powers, player actions, or any of Eido's other abilities.

I may be able to do something to make him sequence his attacks out better, but it's a week or so of work. So, this is still on the backburner.​​

Cool thanks.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Eido was down twice today. So um... about all those recent discussions where people said he's too hard :D​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Green orb bug appears fixed. Max resistance back down to 27%. That resets his difficulty to what it was early this year (red orb bug unchanged)
  • Options
    Green orb bug appears fixed. Max resistance back down to 27%.

Wonder how long that's been fixed and nobody noticed cause we were too busy saying he's too hard :D​​
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by monaahiru on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    Actually, green resistance bug isn't fixed, it just doesn't always happen. This run Eido resistance maxed out at 43%, instead of the 27% from the previous run.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    So even the bugs are bugged. I sense a conspiracy here.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'd love to join the Eido runs but a 1hr+ fight with a low chance of success(due to bugs) really kill the motivation to do it. Until the bugs are fixed, I think I'll just spend that 1hr+ on my art or something assuring.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Though 50% successful rate is still much better then these days with 0%. o3o
  • Options
    Considering nothing really changed, I think that 2 successful runs in one day shows that a lot of the claims of Eido being impossible are overblown. We just need more people practicing so that we can have more consistent performance from the players involved. Just like it always was.​​
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Considering nothing really changed, I think that 2 successful runs in one day shows that a lot of the claims of Eido being impossible are overblown.​​
    The two runs were with the green bug not present (given that we now know it's not always present, this also means we don't know exactly when it first appeared). The run where the green bug did occur was a very close thing. However, it's always been possible to beat the Eido even with the green bug, it just requires a whole bunch of top end dps that practically aren't available for more than a couple hours per week (basically, midafternoon server time on weekends).
  • Options

Geysers and Orbs spawn at same time. So impossible to do. :(
  • Options
    I'd love to join the Eido runs but a 1hr+ fight with a low chance of success(due to bugs) really kill the motivation to do it. Until the bugs are fixed, I think I'll just spend that 1hr+ on my art or something assuring.

It's funny, I don't find this demotivational at all.

That being said, it does get demotivational when a run is ruined by just a few people who cannot follow even the simplest of directions. This is what happened the past few runs I have been on. We had the power, and the vast majority of attendees either knew the drill or could follow directions. Most people were doing quite well. But, all the runs were ruined by just a few folks who, for whatever reason, could not get their stuff together.

I don't think that Eido is too hard, even with the bugs, but like all the Cosmics, he is too easily bolloxed but just a very few incompetents. That is no fun for anyone, especially, I am sure, the incompetent ones. It just seems like there must be some way to make a decently challenging fight that does not completely fall apart with a couple of new folks on board.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    monaahiru wrote: »

Geysers and Orbs spawn at same time. So impossible to do. :(
    Geysers and Orbs are doable; it's challenging for the CCer, but everyone else can ignore the orbs because that only happens for bugged orbs. The worst is actually simultaneous red and green orbs, because it's really hard to kill the greens without waking up the reds.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Is this the one where we had nearly half a dozen shields in the dps area? I actually bailed on that one. I think that's the first time I've bailed on an Eido.

I don't mind going a full pull if I think we have a chance, even if we fail, but when people are that inconsiderate, I get really unmotivated. A this point, the fight is difficult enough where it makes that sort of behavior inexcusable.

The other Cosmics? Meh, bring your stupid builds, those of us who are OCD can usually make up for it. But, doing that at Eido is just not cool.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    So, can we talk about Eido some more?

A lot, a WHOLE LOT of people are still asking for it to be "fixed." Personally, I am still unconvinced that it is not operating as intended. I do not expect any fixes, so the best path is to learn to defeat it as is.

The thing is, it is totally doable as it is. The one we did recently got quite close, but broke down at the end, as most do. The issue is not with the Eido mechanics, but with the players who bring underperforming warriors or do not pay attention to instructions.

The main issue seems to be DPS. Once there are 3 gems, it is too much for the derpstack to manage. If people want to do successful Eido runs, they really need to make sure they are bringing top-kek DPS.

Tanking, healing, and CCing are rarely the issue, and can usually be easily fixed by swapping a character or two. But, when we have a third or more of the DPS underperforming, it will certainly be a fail. In the current format of Eido, there is no room for second tier heroes.

Literally every other thing in CO can be managed with some unoptomized builds, even TA and Cosmics, so there is plenty to do for those who do not want to tweak everything to the Nth degree, or who have not had time to trick their pony out, yet. Eido is not like that, and until people understand that, he will continue to be a fail.

And this is totally nothing against unoptomized builds, I have plenty of those. But, I do not bring them to Eido. I only bring my top few. If you bring one of those unoptomized builds to Eido, you are being a rude mooch, no two ways about it.

Again, Eido is totally doable, but only if players play smart. Stop whining about the devs gimping him for you and learn to do it right, if you want to succeed.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    The thing is, it is totally doable as it is.
    It's doable as long as we can pull together the roles and a sufficiently large number of top end DPS. We haven't been able to do so for months, due to a combination of people taking breaks from the game and Eido not actually having anything worth the trouble for most of the top dps (who tend to have no real need for scr/gcr and probably already have a 50 kill perk so they have his entire drop table).
  • Options
    Again, Eido is totally doable, but only if players play smart.

The question is how to make this actually happen in an open world fight. After all this time, it's clear that pointing out to some people that they have to do it right to get anything out of the hour they're gonna spend there isn't working.​​
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Red 'Shadow Crystals' heals Eido, yes.
    But I remember green 'Enervating Crystals' were just team wiping explode.
    Following link is the post about Tips for Eidolon edited by kamokami.
    I thought Eido healed during 'red' summoned, but not from the other before.
    Stop whining about the devs gimping him for you and learn to do it right, if you want to succeed.

Devs are recognizing something are working wrong. Kaizerin wrote following post in this thread at May 17th.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Just gonna post here for an update on Eido: Spent a couple hours looking into the issue where he sometimes cancels out of his maintain when he's healing from the orbs. Unfortunately there's nothing apparent as to what's causing this. I can say that it has absolutely nothing to do with any player powers, player actions, or any of Eido's other abilities.

I may be able to do something to make him sequence his attacks out better, but it's a week or so of work. So, this is still on the backburner.​​

Or if we were doing wrong, I feel I need someone come to show and prove how to play smart and how Eido is doable now recently.
  • Options
    Also, green and red summoned at same time are automatically team wipe with Eido fully healed again. This never happened before.
    We can't CC 6 of those orbs in short time and we need full 6 group of DPS + 1 group of Tank/Heal/CC, but 7 groups can't exist in zone. Its already over zone caps.

In very few rare case Eido doesn't summon them in same time and we could able to defeat Eido, but this happened once or twice around over 10 trial run done during this several months.

This isn't technique or 'play smart' but just totally luck. Gamble.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Also, green and red summoned at same time are automatically team wipe with Eido fully healed again. This never happened before.
    It actually has happened before, and it's not an automatic wipe though it's bad. Getting past it requires dps to kill at least one green without waking up the reds (three greens exploding is going to be a wipe) and requires the CCer to CC the reds, ignore the greens, and block at the right time.

The only eido bug that actually matters is the green damage resistance. The red bug makes the fight more confusing but arguably easier.
    Post edited by pantagruel01 on
  • Options
    We had successful run finally today.

Even with the best members we can get now, we got wiped once. We were lucky for reds/greens spawn timing and position this time.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Even with the best members we can get now, we got wiped once. We were lucky for reds/greens spawn timing and position this time.

I think that the most important thing to focus on for future runs is to remove the "luck" factor.

Eido should be pulled to the middle at the start of the battle since his orbs now spawn anywhere randomly independent of distance. With Eido at the middle people can reach orbs/portals faster.

If 3 green spawn too far appart, focus on taking down the 2 that are closer and block the last one. You will not beat eido this way, but you'll stall the fight till green orbs spawn in a good pattern.

If 3 reds spawn, 2 are close together and the 3rd one is relatively far, best strategy would be for CCer to stun the close ones and sleep the last one. DPS take down the 2 that are close and then just ignore the last one while focusing on healing/rezzing.​​
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Long ago got my 50 kill perk requirement, but I show up every time I'm in-game to an Eido run.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Eh, I'm calling it quits with Eido now till something changes.

Compiled List of Random Bullshit That Can Happen At Eido That You The Player Have No Control Over It:
    1. Eido can at any time for no real reason decide to keep attacking during Red Phase, requiring a readjustment on strategy on part of the raid (namely, let CC sleep/paralyze the orbs while the rest keep focusing on Eido). During this "I don't give a crap" phase he will not wipe debuffs from himself
    2. Eido can use Geysers, Portals or Green Orbs during the aforementioned "I don't give a crap" phase. Of particular note, Eido can spawn a Portal or a Green Orb right next to a Red Orb!
    3. If that were not enough, he can also spawn a Red Orb on himself during the aforementioned "I don't give a crap" phase. Even if DPS decide to hold fire and not attack Eido due to the risk of accidentally hitting the Red Orb, Eido not wiping his debuffs results in Leaping Flames potentially hitting the Orb
    4. When a Green Orb detonates during last bar, if the amount healed is enough to push him into his 2nd bar, he will almost always immediately summon Portals. Killing these portals with the damage and healing debuff on takes a long time and results in a lot of deaths, by which point Eido will probably summon Green Orbs again! Yay
    5. If all of this doesn't sound so bad, SURPRISE! All of them can happen all at once like it did today if you are unlucky and
      • A Red Orb Spawns right on top of him during last bar
      • He decides to "Not Give a Crap" and summon Greens, with one of the greens spawning right next to one of the other Reds
      • The Red Orb he is sitting on top + Green orb detonate him into his 2nd bar and he summons portals!
      • That Red Orb he was sitting on manages to heal him into half his 2nd bar
      • HE SUMMONS RED ORBS AGAIN!
      • He decides "Not to Give a Crap" again and summons 2 more Greens to kill whatever idiot wasted 3 GCR on his Phoenix Tear

But if you are lucky enough to survive through all of that, GOOD NEWS! You ****might**** get a Cosmic Panties drop that you can try selling for 2k in Trade chat only for trade chat to send you hate mail because "Cosmic Panties are not worth 2k, I saw them in AH the other day for 50N"
    If you are unlucky like 95% of the raid that doesn't get a drop? Compensation 11 SCR/GCR. JOY​​
  • Options
    Okay, as far as random bullshit goes:
    1. The CCer can stun while figuring out what to do, my usual cycle when that happens is stun the first one or two, then sleep or paralyze. It can be hard to dodge geysers while doing this, but it's doable with practice.
    2. If a red spawns next to something bad, the CCer has to chain stun the red instead of using paralyze. Unless 2+ reds are like that this isn't really harder than normal reds.
    3. See point 2
    4. Yes, pushing over to his 2 bar rotation is annoying, but it's not a bug.
    5. Bugged behavior is no deadlier than his non-bugged behavior.
    The thing that actually caused people to stop beating this fight is when orbs went from +45% damage resistance to +75%.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    It almost seems like Eido should be stationary ( like Dino or Gravitar in TA ), and that portals, reds, and greens should all have their own set of "spawn points" that are spaced out to ensure that none of these things can ever spawn right next to each other or right next to Eido. Probably a "hindsight is 50/50" sort of thing. I mean Eido should be stationary anyway... look at him, why would he move for us?

lezard21 wrote: »
    Eido should be pulled to the middle at the start of the battle since his orbs now spawn anywhere randomly independent of distance. With Eido at the middle people can reach orbs/portals faster.

People don't do this already? Why not? It's literally the only thing that makes sense. Geez, is this like the time people kept dpsing Dino while standing on the side of the hill and constantly falling down the hill like a bunch of dopes until I was like "Hey, turn dino and dps from road"? o3o So yes, let's Eido in the middle and stop handicapping ourselves u3u​​
  • Options
    Eido doesn't spawn orbs on points anywhere within the battlefield, he does it at a radius around himself. The bug fix was that some of the spawn points weren't working, not to remove the range cap (or if it was supposed to remove the range cap, it didn't work). There used to be an area that had very few spawn points in the back left corner.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Compared Eidolon 2017 and 2018.

I'm sure each red/green/yellow are summoned less at full~2/3 at 2017 but he summons more now.
    After 2/3 are nightmare with red/green/yellow summoned with too much quick cycle then before.

I hope Devs will take a look on this post.

Gamble depend on luck shall not effect for mission taking over a hour.
    It's difficult to keep concentrate for over 60 mins, including unlocking QWZ OMs.
    Doing Eido are like 90 mins with no taking break now. And also gamble.

I'm even doing much better then 2017. o3o
    Post edited by monaahiru on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Or if we were doing wrong, I feel I need someone come to show and prove how to play smart and how Eido is doable now recently.
    Okay, here you go...
    We had successful run finally today.
    Actually, I disobeyed my own rule and did not even bring my best. I thought I did, but it turned out later that I had miss-tested it, and it did quite a bit less damage than I thought. (I have since re-tested them all and will now be bringing the proper one.)

Also...
    lezard21 wrote: »
    5. If all of this doesn't sound so bad, SURPRISE! All of them can happen all at once like it did today if you are unlucky and
    Okay, as far as random bullshit goes:
    5. Bugged behavior is no deadlier than his non-bugged behavior.
    Sacrifice the CCer? Everybody run away and block. CCer stays to keep the reds held. Greens blow probably killing the CCer. Kiga does get some HP back, but everyone else is still alive and there is less rezzing downtime. Might have to sacrifice a Tank at the same time.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    A question, do damage debuffs affect the reds and greens?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Yes, greatly in fact. Assuming you mean the "their damage resist goes down and you deal more damage to them" damage debuff. If you mean "the orb does less damage", not sure, something to poke at.​​
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Defense debuffs do, damage debuffs as far as I know don't (for reds, the damage source is Eidolon, and he wipes debuffs on himself, so definitely no. Greens maybe, but if they did zero damage it would still be bad for them to detonate.
  • Options
    So, suggestion, I dunno if this is a thing already.

During phase 3, if a green pops, we simply accept that we're not going to get 3 greens down while we have the debuff on us, so if another green orbs pops up while we have the debuff, we focus on getting 2 down and let the third one pop and voluntarily head back to phase 2. Better than trying for 3 and having multiple pop, which makes us vulnerable to a total wipe situation.

Basically to beat phase 3 we need to consistently down all 3 green orbs each time. If we miss one, we back out of phase 3 so we can stabilize and go back in full force, rather than risking having to recover during a messy situation.​​
  • Options