test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eidolon ASSaulted

So, we did another run at Eddy last night. Unsuccessful, but still, there were a lot of people there and the only way to learn it is to do it. I was CCing and I learned some new tricks that will make me better next time. I think the other CCer was a first-timer and was also learning as we went. I noticed other people picking up various tactics as the fight went forward.

I would be happy to take a run at Eddy anytime I am on, even to the point of ignoring other Cosmics. I think with enough practice, enough people will become good enough that we can do it on a regular basis. But it is going to take the Cajones/Ovarios to keep failing a bunch of times. But, I am willing to fail him to death, if anyone else is.

Once we go through a few weeks of training, I think we can get to the point where we can reliably take him down. Then we are back to a potential of 56 GCR per day, plus TA runs.

For me, personally, I am sick of his sh*t sitting there like he's all something and I am willing to put in the time to get enough people good enough that we can beat him regularly. I mean, the point is, we are heroes. If you want to be something else, go play some other game, but I want to be a hero who can beat the baddest of the bad.

Who is with me?
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Not me, but thanks for asking. Not worth the trouble.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yes! I am totally down to fail a bunch of times and figure things out.

For example, one thing that seems to be partially random is his placement and orientation. How many different spots have been tried since the revamp? What if one of them is way way better than the others in terms of getting green orbs to spawn within AoE range of each other? Because when that happens the Greens get totally obliterated...

This is actually how we put Eido on farm status before the revamp is when enough people had practice clumping up together to get the Greens to consistently spawn within AoE range of each other.

Depending on the position, Greens could be behind the DPS, in front, on the left, on the right...etc. What if we could eliminate some of these possibilities? Would the DPS get to them faster?

We should unlock him *just to try out different positions* without even going for a win.
    Post edited by kamokami on
  • Options
    There is not a day that goes by without at least 3 different people asking about running Eido in CHQ. And when he gets unlocked the zone fills up super fast. It's clear that people want to beat him.....especially once the hard stuff is figured out.

The question is where are the group of people that want to fail a lot to figure things out.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Going in to fail actually feels better to me.

My first(only) run was not as favorable. I had just started to run cosmic (like any since the revamp) and rules were starting to run together. So it was discouraging when everyone pretty much yelled at me and even though I know what I did wrong...it was so chaotic I didn't see my mistake or understand what everyone was yelling about.

So going in to fail might not be so bad that way I can make as many mistakes as possible and learn from them. Because going in and still having read about the fight...still is chaos.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

Not me, but thanks for asking. Not worth the trouble.

Just gonna wait till the rest of us figure it out and then roll in once the successes start coming regularly? That's cool.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Anytime I see people talking about Eido you know I'll show up :)
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Would be nice to do these within my timezone, still got a Daily dating back to March still yet to be completed.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    More Eido runs would be nice.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    While my awake time most ppl are in bed because (JPT) here. Sad.
    I wanna do more EIDO! I dn't care fail but want to challenge!!!

Still need 43 more Eido kill by my healer toon for the perk and nice costume pieces. o3o

So let's do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCRuy1dKh1E

Let's do it till we win 50 times. o3o
    Post edited by monaahiru on
  • Options
    Darn these events keeping us from being able to do Eido >:|
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Darn these events keeping us from being able to do Eido >:|

So much to do!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Because Eidolon doesn't significantly scale with player count, organizing off-hours runs isn't really an option, you just don't have the critical mass of high end builds. For the other cosmics, an off-hour run with fifteen people may well go better than a prime-time run with fifty, eido doesn't work that way.
  • Options
    So satisfied on the previous run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7d8YSDosX0
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    seeing someone having other players' damage floaters and names ON in the HUB, not using /camdist 150 for better environmental awareness and using mouse to click on power (and activating their hover text) instead of keyboard or gamepad really triggers my OCD

Your HUB is a mess​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Yeah, Eido runs have finally started to become more reliable. Personally, I prefer doing him over the other Cosmics. I do think his rewards should be increased a bit just to compensate for the extra time it takes to do the pre-missions.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    monaahiru said:

Nice video. I'm surprised you don't keep the teamup window expanded on your healer. How do you know who to deliberately heal or who to rez?

Here's the UI arrangement I use on mine.

Eido fight doesn't actually start until 34:40, which says something about where the real effort goes to do an Eido run.
  • Options
    kamokami said:

monaahiru said:

Nice video. I'm surprised you don't keep the teamup window expanded on your healer. How do you know who to deliberately heal or who to rez?
    Wow ty for noticing nice setting. I was doing totally intuition and experiences, using mouse and keyboard for this 8 years including PvP. I think I will fix my layout with your advice.

And this was the reason my healer is fixed as [Iniquity] with AoE adv and [Life Essence] effecting as PBAoE 20ft to allies around me, [Redemption] is also 50ft AoE up to 4 teammates. Specializations are also settled as AoE healing.

Your setting looks so smart to cover all teamup.

But I keep using mouse and keyboard because I don't know how to use gamepad. o3o
    avianos said:

seeing someone having other players' damage floaters and names ON in the HUB, not using /camdist 150 for better environmental awareness and using mouse to click on power (and activating their hover text) instead of keyboard or gamepad really triggers my OCD

Your HUB is a mess​​

Plz give meh advice for setting to not show other players' damage floaters and names ON in the HUB,
    and '/camdist 150'... I haven't touched most of the settings from beta otherwise Vixy and Spectre gave meh some advice to do more better.
    I'm Baka and bit Ecchi. o3o
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I think your settings are fine as long as they let you do what you want to do. You don't have to change anything for other's sake.
    monaahiru said:

Plz give meh advice for setting to not show other players' damage floaters and names ON in the HUB, and '/camdist 150'

For camdist, I use a keybind and spam it until it sticks...sometimes it zooms back in....but if you spam the bind it will hold eventually. Personally I prefer 110 and not 150 on camdist...in any case here's the bind.
    /bind 0 camdist 110

As for turning on/off damage floaters you can find that in your Options -> HUD section.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    TY! I've fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg38F_LbhRM

I died by wall stuck at very awful moment this time. >.<
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Great! If we could get video taken by Tank and CCer those would be a great text for doing Eido.

Its very interesting for looking 2 video took at the same time from different stance of build, but our actions are very synchronized.
  • Options
    Moe! MOE! for Eido run!! o3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5zFHJZUqNU
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I can record a video next time I CC eido. I'll even edit it so there isn't 30 minutes of standing around at the start o3o
  • Options
    The problem with recording a video is that it makes it reveals to the world all the things you're doing wrong :)
  • Options
  • Options
    What is the success rate on Eido these days? I know before the Anniversary event, we were around 90-95%, and a lot of those were quite fast. I think the fastest I was on was about 7 minutes (not including the 4 days of standing around trying to get organized, we really need to do something about that). But, I haven't been able to get on one since the Anni event started, so I am wondering how they are going.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    edited October 2017

What is the success rate on Eido these days?

Some people has a several specialized toon built as DPS, Tank (MT/OT), Healer and Crowd Controller.
    They unlock Eido by doing Qliphothic Warzone bosses with minimum amounts of people, switching toons, recently. The reason we don't run with much people for QWZ bosses are, their health scales with amount of people in the team and defeating them will take much time. (I didn't notice this well till just few weeks ago)
    With minimum amounts of people, it is possible to do 3 bosses with 2 teams make it just in time.
    Two teams starts at same time (Slug and Oubliette in most cases) and the team defeated boss faster goes to remaining boss, Portal Guardian. We have to finish them before the timer reset on ether Slug or Oubliette. After we done with all 3 bosses, Eido will be unlocked finally.

Eido 'unlocking' teams are organized with MT, OT, Healer and several DPS.

But at Eido, we don't need such amount of Tanks and Supports so people changes the toon at this point.

Usually we need each of only one reliable Tank (MT) and Crowd Controller, 2~3 Healers that can cover entire team, all other should be a bunch of DPS.
    We don't want any 'Hybrids' or just with 'Protector role' people here. To do Endgame Ultimate Cosmic, you have to build your toon theme fit for 'The Last Battle'.

No one will call out so loudly when doing Eido because we don't want any people doing absolutely nothing to contribute in the match other than scaling up the health on those green orbs.
    The amount of people Not helping, equal to the fail rate. Amounts of unnecessary people would be a dead weight, similar as when doing Dino.

You can take a look how Spectre organized the team to do Eido with less then 20 people here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg38F_LbhRM

*Team window for healing showing up from around 04:05~ should help to know how team are organized.
    Team group 1 are filled with MT, Crowd Controller and Healers.
    Team group 2~4 are filled up with all DPS. Each DPS toon in team groups are placed for each orbs those should be summoned somewhere in field with their type of powers that can work to orbs effective quickly.

So I should answer the success rate is 100% for me this while because we are performing to make it 100%.

At first, make your high-end DPS build here

Next, make a Healer, which shall be easy to built (because Enhancements and Armorings for Presence and Heal bonus Core such like [Sentinel's Brooch] are sold so cheap in AH). I can give you some advice to make a Healer that can cover wide area by keep moving.
    I'm running with AoRP by myself (I don't have to heal so huge amount but small AoE healing could cover very wide with team-defense bonus provided from AoRP) but AoED shall be welcomed when you are joining with new Healer build. Just make sure to set your Primary Stats 'Presence' and take enough amount when you are running with your Healer.

Crowd Controller takes bit more time and difficult then making Healer build but this page and this would be your help.

Reliable Tank (MT) is extremely difficult to make now. Tank that could keep aggro from Eido also survivable, must have appropriate build with best gears you can get from the game. I think most people running MT are all equipping the gold quality primary gear modded more then dual [Confront].
    If they don't, they could lost aggro easily by bunch of DPS doing their work.
    Gear and Mods grinding take much time and probably amount of money to make reliable. It took over 6 months grinding to make MT build by my self. Grinding for two [Confront rank 9] was so painful even for me.
    So I can't give any advise about MT but I think you won't need to make it by your self because some people has already.

If you make several specialized build specially DPS, you can be helpful on both unlocking and doing Eido.

How to win Eido are already shown here.

I recommend to have Doomlord or Celestial become devices for DPS in case Healer went down. You can resurrect your teammate with those become devices and it will be huge help while doing Eido.
    Taking any self healing and resurrection power shall be good because Healers' most priority is to keep MT and Crowd Controller survive at first and then entire team. MT defeat means everyone die. Crowd Controller defeat means game become endless till timer end.

If you make a good build and understand what you have to do at Eido, someone will notice you when they are doing 100% successful Eido run.

But even though we have a possibility for ether MT or Crowd Controller DC and fail.
  • Options

Of the last 10 I've been to, only 2 failed. Most of them took under 7 minutes.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

spinnytop said:

Cool. I have noticed that, in most cases, especially more recently, it either succeeds quickly or fails. I mean, I have been on plenty of 57 minute successes, but in general, the successes go very fast nowadays. That is, aside from the organizational time.

- - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    This is the shortest Eido-run I ever did so far (Less then 7 minutes). No one can stap us!!! o3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVcxgFugjxw

37 more Eido defeat to get the perk and nice costumes... It takes soo long...
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    spinnytop said:

7 minutes? pfft, slow.

Then take this. @3@

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bcExzS_VSY
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    I just want to CC Eido more often.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    I want to Heal in Eido more often though but... We need to healthy enough to do Eido run because we need much energy on player.
    I had lack of concentration at previous run. Dx
  • Options
    I notice that the 5 minute run immediately prior to that run has no video.
  • Options
    doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    gradii said:

Spectre seem to be the only people who do eddy. so much for successful content for the whole game.​​

If more people actually came together, learned how to do the content and made a concentrated effort to unlock Eido, Spectre wouldn't be the "only" ones (which they're not really.) who do him. Most of the time people just wait around for someone to do the unlocking for them so they can come reap the rewards.

The fact of the matter is, Cosmics are endgame content designed for players who seek greater challenges beyond hitting level 40. It's totally optional and has no bearing on the rest of the game. They're totally player-run, with little to no handholding from the game itself, so they're not an easy ride; but anyone can do them if they are willing to learn and put in effort to beat them.

Spectre is not the gatekeepers of Cosmics. This misconception came about from players expecting the dirty work to be taken care of for them. Everyone has the opportunity to take charge and handle business, but not many are willing to rise to the challenge. The tools and information are freely available to everyone between the forums and in-game channels such as CosmicHQ and TheEndgame. There's no secret sauce or magic spell that makes Cosmics happen.

They happen because of dedicated players who learn and grow, who aren't afraid of getting their hands dirty and working together to accomplish something. Anyone can do it, they just have to -want- to.
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
  • Options
    doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    gradii said:

Hmm I dont know I almost never see eddy announced by anyone. not that I care, I have more fun games to play when I want a challenge from content now.

Omega Savage and Ultimate coil are more challenging and better designed by miles.​​

Eido is announced all of the time. Considering you have half of CO on ignore though, it doesn't surprise me you don't see it. :P

Regardless, I'm happy you've found engaging content to spend your time with. Fun is what you make of it.
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
  • Options
    I guess I've never noticed a preponderance of Spectre at Eido. I know I make it to a lot of the runs and I'm not in Spectre.

As far as it being announced, evey time I have been there, it is always announced in CHQ and usually in TEG. Totally against my advice, but fortunately for everyone else, most of these endgame masters are way nicer than me. The lead-up is not announced because it is so much better with fewer people, but once we open it, Eido is pretty much announced every time.

gradii said:

Spectre seem to be the only people who do eddy. so much for successful content for the whole game.​​

\The fact of the matter is, Cosmics are endgame content designed for players who seek greater challenges beyond hitting level 40. It's totally optional and has no bearing on the rest of the game. They're totally player-run, with little to no handholding from the game itself, so they're not an easy ride; but anyone can do them if they are willing to learn and put in effort to beat them.
    The actual fact of the matter is that the content is made for team players. It is made for people who want to work together, who are willing to ask for and listen to advice on improving their build and then follow that advice, who are willing to take the time to learn the methodology of the fight and follow that.

Despite that, Vengeful Monstrosity is always welcomed and no one tries to report or push him out, so if that is not proof of the lack of gatekeeping, then nothing is.

But, what it is NOT about is excluding people. It is NOT requiring people to have the best of the best. It IS all about communication, cooperation and community. And if people are really interested in participating in THAT, then they are always welcomed to join in on Eido.

It is the funny thing about the elites. The PRIMARY criteria to hang with the elites is to be friendly and cooperative, listening and learning, and putting in the effort. It is NOT having the most 733t35t build or tippest of toppest gear. Though if you listen, learn and cooperate, you most certainly will eventually.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    gradii said:

Hmm I dont know I almost never see eddy announced by anyone. not that I care, I have more fun games to play when I want a challenge from content now.

Gee, I wonder if the fact that you never see Eido announced is because you're playing other games. Logic.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

gradii said:

Gee, I wonder if the fact that you never see Eido announced is because you're playing other games. Logic.
    I see someone got Eido 50 kill perk in live. o3o
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

It is the funny thing about the elites. The PRIMARY criteria to hang with the elites is to be friendly and cooperative, listening and learning, and putting in the effort. It is NOT having the most 733t35t build or tippest of toppest gear.

This is totally true. I don't have the best builds, though I ask for and follow good build advice (and sometimes provide some). I try to be friendly and helpful, and I try to have a sense of humor about most things in game.

Also, I have never been part of a supergroup like Spectre. I represent Free Costume Slots R Us, which is exactly what it says on the tin.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options