Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20151210a.28 - Beard Pack

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20151210a.28
This build is available on PTS as of 2/5/2016

Beard Pack
- Added a new Beard Costume pack to PTS store. These beards are available to both male and female characters.

Teleios Ascendant
- Changed cooldown on the Teleios Ascendant daily mission from 24 to 20 hours.
- Added barrier over door in Grond door to keep super-powered pigeons from roosting there.
- Changed force-field in Teleios' room to be solid instead of travel power suppression.
- Updated Grond and Medusa FX so they are brighter and won't flicker. Medusa will now use her mind bombs after using tk eruption.
- Fixed some Teleios Ascendant voiceover to play correctly.
- Fixed issue with cut-scene replaying on the instanced version of Teleios Tower.

Additional Changes
- Changed the Pharoah, Krampus and Skeleton costumes so they can appear when searching for legendary items in the auction house.
- Fixed old versions of Ren Cen teleports to no longer display errored text.
- Become Doomlord's passive now has a target cap of 5.
- Become Doomlord's Necrotic Web debuff now debuffs Dimensional Damage. Reduced the amount it can stack to 5. Increased its ability to stack.
- Changed Become Doomlord's Devour Essence to Dimensional damage.
- Adjusted the hit fx on Ice Blast to not scale with targets. Adjusted the poison FX on ascelpial serum, mutagenic infection, and the poison dot to take up less resources.
- Adjusted the Harbinger's breath attack to take up less resources.
- Adjusted Revanancy's tooltip to state that it heals. This is just a tooltip change.
- Fixed the left Fur foot accessory from not appearing on males.
- Ravenswood Emblem's item quality has been changed from Gold to White.
- The Ravenswood costume icon has been resized.
- Many items have had their quality changed to make them easier to search for in the auction house. Changed Adventure Pack costumes from white to yellow color quality. Changed Clarence costumes from purple to blue. Changed Nephilim costumes from white to blue. Changed adventure pack temp devices from blue to green. Changed Crate of Questionite from green to blue. Changed many event devices from white to yellow. Changed crafting skill up from green to blue. Changed old vehicle lockboxes from gold to white to match other lockboxes. Changed questionite ore detector from white to blue.

Known Issues
- Beard textures and display names are not yet finalized.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Suggestion for Beard 7:

The mustache is riding a little low, as if the guy shaved the upper half of it off, and it's covering the upper lip, which a mustache that short wouldn't be doing. That whole part should be moved up to meet right under the nose and not cover the lip much, if at all.

The chin area is a little thin; it where the hair starts should be about flush with where it starts on the cheek. Attaching it to around here will also let people use the Jaw Height slider to make a longer beard without making it look like you've got a gigantic chin.

Pics:

The areas marked in orange are what should be covered by the beard hair.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

These beards are available to both male and female characters.

Finally, it's possible to do female dwarf characters... okay, the female body shapes probably won't cooperate, but yay female beards.

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Yes, more facial hair is always welcomed!

Questione: Do those Beards have Ice and Psionic material available?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yay!!!! More beards! And for female characters. That will be handy for my interdimensional body hopper character until we get an actual option to change your character's gender from costume to costume.

Please make sure the beards have all the texture options. Including ice and psionic!
    Also, please don't make them as expensive as the last two hair packs. Those are seriously overpriced.
  • Options
    brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Wanted to piggy back on to my previous comment. Is there aaaaaany way we can get the already existing beards and hairs (like the bestial hair) unlocked for the females as well? Variety is never a bad thing.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

Suggestion for Beard 7:

The mustache is riding a little low, as if the guy shaved the upper half of it off, and it's covering the upper lip, which a mustache that short wouldn't be doing. That whole part should be moved up to meet right under the nose and not cover the lip much, if at all.

The chin area is a little thin; it where the hair starts should be about flush with where it starts on the cheek. Attaching it to around here will also let people use the Jaw Height slider to make a longer beard without making it look like you've got a gigantic chin.

Pics:

The areas marked in orange are what should be covered by the beard hair.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This.
    In my opinion, the way to fix it is to add to the face sliders an option to change the height of the lips. Not all men have pencil thin lips and not all women have full voluptuous lips.
  • Options
    I'm going to be honest, when I first saw this I tought it said Bread Pack, I was like

What?..

Still no fix's for the Mind Control yet?
    Psi.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    gradii said:

Finally, it's possible to do female dwarf characters... okay, the female body shapes probably won't cooperate, but yay female beards.

I wasn't aware that some fantasy universes interpreted female dwarves as having beards.
    Listen to the dialog in (IIRC) The Fellowship of the Ring, I believe it's as the party is approaching the mountain pass; Gimli is regaling his companions with an explanation for why some folk believe his people have no females and simply spring up from the ground fully-formed. I think it's also in the first two editions of AD&D; never read the original D&D Rules Cyclopedia, so I don't know if Gygax and Arneson had that in mind from the beginning.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    jonsills said:

gradii said:

I wasn't aware that some fantasy universes interpreted female dwarves as having beards.
    Listen to the dialog in (IIRC) The Fellowship of the Ring, I believe it's as the party is approaching the mountain pass; Gimli is regaling his companions with an explanation for why some folk believe his people have no females and simply spring up from the ground fully-formed. I think it's also in the first two editions of AD&D; never read the original D&D Rules Cyclopedia, so I don't know if Gygax and Arneson had that in mind from the beginning.
    Gimli: "...and litte hairy women"
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    And while you are at it, Turn Ego Sprites BACK at its original Targeting and 50 feet Range system, and not that 25 range pbAoE abomination!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    gradii said:

It's actually the classic fantasy position (as others above me have already documented for LotR and D+D - and yes, it goes back to the earliest D+D.) It wasn't until 3rd edition that beardless female dwarves were the apparent default thing in fantasy.
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    avianos said:

And while you are at it, Turn Ego Sprites BACK at its original Targeting and 50 feet Range system, and not that 25 range pbAoE abomination!​​

Did the devs ever give any context for that change, or are their motives still Cryptic?

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    avianos wrote: »
    And while you are at it, Turn Ego Sprites BACK at its original Targeting and 50 feet Range system, and not that 25 range pbAoE abomination!

- Agreed. This may not be as big a deal for Freeforms - they can retcon out of the power choice. But it adversely effects the Mind AT - as Ego Sprites + Sleep is a major tool for that AT to solo with. The way Ego Sprites works now, makes it more difficult to pull that combo off.

- Pricing is too high for many in-game items now. Heroics, Unique Costumes, and Travel Powers are especially overpriced. I get why some rare devices and costume bits are priced high. But items that were formerly very affordable to purchase are now much too expensive. I could easily earn 100 SCR in a week -- but do I really want to work 9-weeks for travel power, or three weeks for a a full set of heroics? Travel powers being the worst offender - they could down to around 300 SCR while Heroics should be only 100 SCR at the most.

- If prices aren't coming down, at least consider making all of these items "Bind of Equip" instead of "Bind on Pickup" that way they can sold in the auction house. If you want to encourage farming that would be one way to do it. The farmers will happily slave away - to sell those items, costume bits, and tp's to people who want them, but don't want wait 2 months to get them. That can only be good for your bottom line, becuase we all know the AH drives Key and Zen sales. More valuable stuff on the AH to sell, more people who will buy keys and zen to get it.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    gradii said:

Actually.. Just increase the range to 50 feet and leave its targeting as it is now on Live.

^ That would actually be a lot less work than reverting it (I assume).

Currently, the version of Ego Sprites on LIVE and on PTS are a liability for Mind AT's in terms of how they fight and remaining as far away from enemies as possible.

I would urge whoever made this change to up the current PBAoE range of this power to 50ft, much like Rakshasa has.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Chin Scale is off

photo Champions Online_2016-02-06_15-57-47.png
    photo Champions Online_2016-02-06_15-57-24.png

I would post more pictures but Arc likes to erase my post completely if I add more than two apparently.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BUG : Live
    Demon chest of recognition, STILL doesn't register as bought. all the other peices got fixed but this one , you can still buy on several characters on the one acct.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Please make sure the beards have all the texture options. Including ice and psionic!

You'll be pleased to know that there is indeed ice and psionic options for the beards. They also include a new material option for them called "Quicksilver", which is unique and awesome. It also includes Cloth, Leather, and Metal options...but no hair material option. They need to add a hair material option along with ghost material.

Also, I just realized that the Tokens and Merits Boost is kinda useless as all it boosts now is Snakebucks and Nemesis token gain. Would be nice if this item also boosted recog gain.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Question:@ladygadfly
    the devices in SCR vendor which have a mission/perk requirement. Is that to buy it or to use it as well?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    avianos said:

Wait, that got changed too?

I don't know how to feel about this change, due to the fact that I have't noticed the change, from 50 to 25, and the pbAoE. Cuz all I have noticed is that, you can now cast it without having a target, of which I enjoy, in a cosmic form.

So, what has happened to it really?,I mean it still has its Advs, and still can hit multi-targets, just what you can't use it too far away?
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Those Beards are really NEAT!
    But I kind wish I could combine them with the Steampunk Blushy Moustache
    maybe its time to have 2 Mouth accessories options like we did with Hairstyles? *Hint*Hint*Nudge *Nudge *

No im serious, we need to be able to combine Facial Hair as well
    cryneting wrote: »

I don't know how to feel about this change, due to the fact that I have't noticed the change, from 50 to 25, and the pbAoE. Cuz all I have noticed is that, you can now cast it without having a target, of which I enjoy, in a cosmic form.

So, what has happened to it really?,I mean it still has its Advs, and still can hit multi-targets, just what you can't use it too far away?
    With the Teleios update, they are on 2/4/2016 Release notes

The Good:
    Ego Sprites: Its damage now takes into account your crit and severity.

The Bad
    Ego Sprites has been changes to a 25 Feet PBAOE power. 25 FEET

The 25 feet ruins this powers!
    I was using it in my DoT telepath DPS along with the new Telepathy!

Sure I can Combo it with Ego Storm, but now I have to be almost melee range to apply it along with other Telepathy DoTs​​
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    avianos said:

Those Beards are really NEAT!

But I kind wish I could combine them with the Steampunk Blushy Moustache

maybe its time to have 2 Mouth accessories options like we did with Hairstyles? *Hint*Hint*Nudge *Nudge *

No im serious, we need to be able to combine Facial Hair as well

cryneting wrote: »

With the Teleios update, they are on 2/4/2016 Release notes

The Good:

Ego Sprites: Its damage now takes into account your crit and severity.

The Bad

Ego Sprites has been changes to a 25 Feet PBAOE power. 25 FEET

The 25 feet ruins this powers!

I was using it in my DoT telepath DPS along with the new Telepathy!

Sure I can Combo it with Ego Storm, but now I have to be almost melee range to apply it along with other Telepathy DoTs​​

Humm ok then

Well, I'm really not fussy with the range, due to Im almost in melee range anyways, tho it is quite far, atlest for me. tho yes the 50 range whuold be nice to have back.

As for the PBAOE, what is that?

Never Mind..
    Psi.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    chaelk said:

Question:@ladygadfly

the devices in SCR vendor which have a mission/perk requirement. Is that to buy it or to use it as well?​​

My wings aren't as shiny as Lady Gadfly's, but I think I can answer that question:

It's only to buy it.

I purchased a Feline Metabolic Serum with a character who completed A Cat's Tale, and am using it on another character who has not.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    Has anyone noted the issue with selling things to merchants? Before you could go to the sell tab and double click things where they are in your inventory to sell them, but with the store changes such as at Karneeki you are forced to using the menu, which is cumbersome because it's easier to know *where* stuff you want to sell is in your own inventory menu than in the store, if you have sellable stuff you *don't* want to sell.

Need this back!

And...anyone who uses Gunslinger's Legacy? Mine is bugged and doing...absolutely nothing. No damage, just plays an animation.
  • Options
    mijjestic wrote: »
    And...anyone who uses Gunslinger's Legacy? Mine is bugged and doing...absolutely nothing. No damage, just plays an animation.

It has been changed now, you need to hold down the Icon and Maintain it manually
    Kind wish they have kept it automatic but oh well​​
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Just been playing my Mind AT and the Ego Sprites / Ego Hold thing doesn't work very well. Ego Sprites' animation plays even when there's no target within range of the attack, and the 25ft range doesn't make any sense considering the previous combo power, Ego Hold, has a 50 ft range. Presumably this is a Telios nerf, but it doesn't really make sense or serve any obvious purpose. This and the CDR nerf does hit the build quite hard. Presumably other "problem causing powers" will be changed similarly (2GM to be made PBAoE to encourage people to use Assault Rifle?)
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2016

You'll be pleased to know that there is indeed ice and psionic options for the beards. They also include a new material option for them called "Quicksilver", which is unique and awesome. It also includes Cloth, Leather, and Metal options...but no hair material option. They need to add a hair material option along with ghost material.

Also, I just realized that the Tokens and Merits Boost is kinda useless as all it boosts now is Snakebucks and Nemesis token gain. Would be nice if this item also boosted recog gain.
    Pretty sure that Cloth texture and Hair texture are exactly the same.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Pretty sure that Cloth texture and Hair texture are exactly the same.

Aye, they look the same, but I would rather beards have an hair option than cloth option.
    Post edited by soulforger on
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    If you're dead set on those recog prices, is there any chances of increasing SCR gain from missions to match? As it stands, it'd take weeks to get at something in the store with the rate at which you get the recog.
  • Options
    kemmicals said:

If you're dead set on those recog prices, is there any chances of increasing SCR gain from missions to match? As it stands, it'd take weeks to get at something in the store with the rate at which you get the recog.

That's the point of the price hike sadly. Its to get people to play the content.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    gradii said:

2gm isnt a problem causing power. it is the ONLY single target ranged attack in the game which uses the dual pistol theme.

I know, I don't propose any form of nerf. But (puts insane dev hat on) wouldn't it be fun if it was 25ft range, along with SMG?; Assault Rifle / Gatling Gun would be 75ft, and Sniper Rifle 105ft for those who want to stay out range. Reducing 2GM to 25ft would bring all those squishy OP DPS players into range of the sort of aggro reserved for tanks and make everything more challenging! (/insane dev hat)

• Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User

kemmicals said:

That's the point of the price hike sadly. Its to get people to play the content.
    I get that you're not supposed to get everything right away. That's understandable. The gain from missions or dailies are still really small and don't really amount to a whole lot.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2016

This is the costume pack I've been waiting for! Please, please make sure they scale correctly with chins, cheeks, jaws, etc. I'd also like to repeat the suggestion in this thread to add dual mouth-accessories, like you did with hairstyles.

Edit:

Okay! I did some testing of the new beards and have some feedback. Beard 8, pictured above has a strange relationship with the Chin slider. It exaggerates way too much. Even at 50%, it has a polygon that sticks out. If you try to set it lower to avoid this, the beard clips into the chin out of view in a strange way.

I do have a few suggestions and requests for an alternate variation of Beard 8:

To make the beard longer, the Jaw Length slider is used. But at 100%, it starts to look odd. Could you add a variant of Beard 8 in which the beard to jaw ratio means the beard grows longer to obscure the strange throat? I would like if this beard were woolier (protruding from the sides of the face) more like Beard 7. It's a little flat otherwise.

This is by far my favourite beard, but what keeps it from being perfect is the lack of chin coverage. Please, please add an alternate variant like the mock-up above, in which the beard covers the chin and connects in a curved strip underneath the lip.

Side note: I actually love the mustache position on this beard. I like that it obscures the upper lip. Please keep it this way!

I cannot wait for this costume pack to go live.

Edit 2: The beards only seem to make use of Colour 4. Is this intended?

Edit 3: Does the hairline around the temple look odd to anyone else? Here's the PTS version on the left, and a mock-up on the right:

Post edited by voyagersix on
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    What Voyagersix wrote, above ^^

The beard pack is nice, but there are definitely scaling/slider issues.

Also, though I like PTS beard 7, I would really like the alternate version proposed in the post above.

Allowing two mouth accessories, however, would be AMAZING!
    Please do it.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    kemmicals wrote: »
    I get that you're not supposed to get everything right away. That's understandable. The gain from missions or dailies are still really small and don't really amount to a whole lot.

Just to note: UNITY mission rewards did go down a bit, but they bumped up the SCR reward for the special alert daily AND added SCR drops to the adventure packs/comic series. Plus the new epic lair drops SCR along with GCR. IMO, there's opportunities for decent SCR gains if you have the free time for it in a day.

That said, it's still more time commitment I guess.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    avianos said:

It has been changed now, you need to hold down the Icon and Maintain it manually

Kind wish they have kept it automatic but oh well​​

Ah, thanks much!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I don't understand the complaints about Ego Sprites, the changes look more like a huge buff than a nerf to me.

With the terrible targetting in CO, pbAoE is the best AoE type by far. And focussing on the maximum range and using that to call the change to Sprites a nerf, is ignoring how CO actually plays. You can be very mobile in CO, walking 50 feet to where you want to the center of your attack to be is usually much easier and faster than selecting a target close to that spot. That means that the 25 feet range on sprites is not competing with the old 50 feet range, but with the old (25 feet) sphere size. And the added advantage is that you don't need to changes your currently target to be able to do your Sprites attack where ever you want.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    aiqa said:

I don't understand the complaints about Ego Sprites, the changes look more like a huge buff than a nerf to me.

With the terrible targetting in CO, pbAoE is the best AoE type by far. And focussing on the maximum range and using that to call the change to Sprites a nerf, is ignoring how CO actually plays. You can be very mobile in CO, walking 50 feet to where you want to the center of your attack to be is usually much easier and faster than selecting a target close to that spot. That means that the 25 feet range on sprites is not competing with the old 50 feet range, but with the old (25 feet) sphere size. And the added advantage is that you don't need to changes your currently target to be able to do your Sprites attack where ever you want.

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

This is the costume pack I've been waiting for! Please, please make sure they scale correctly with chins, cheeks, jaws, etc. I'd also like to repeat the suggestion in this thread to add dual mouth-accessories, like you did with hairstyles.

Edit:

Okay! I did some testing of the new beards and have some feedback. Beard 8, pictured above has a strange relationship with the Chin slider. It exaggerates way too much. Even at 50%, it has a polygon that sticks out. If you try to set it lower to avoid this, the beard clips into the chin out of view in a strange way.

I do have a few suggestions and requests for an alternate variation of Beard 8:

To make the beard longer, the Jaw Length slider is used. But at 100%, it starts to look odd. Could you add a variant of Beard 8 in which the beard to jaw ratio means the beard grows longer to obscure the strange throat? I would like if this beard were woolier (protruding from the sides of the face) more like Beard 7. It's a little flat otherwise.

This is by far my favourite beard, but what keeps it from being perfect is the lack of chin coverage. Please, please add an alternate variant like the mock-up above, in which the beard covers the chin and connects in a curved strip underneath the lip.

Side note: I actually love the mustache position on this beard. I like that it obscures the upper lip. Please keep it this way!

I cannot wait for this costume pack to go live.

Edit 2: The beards only seem to make use of Colour 4. Is this intended?

Edit 3: Does the hairline around the temple look odd to anyone else? Here's the PTS version on the left, and a mock-up on the right:

I'm definitely on board with the small part that meets the bottom lip, but I'm still not liking the pencil-mustache grown out to cover the top lip. Who does that?! Anyway if a beard with a "fixed" mustache goes live I'll be getting this, for sure.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    aiqa said:

Nah. Tried it, doesn't work very well in practice. Generally speaking a 25ft sphere is useful for those surrounded, but this isn't how the Ego Sleep/Ego Sprites combo usually works - the hold is applied to enemies before they've noticed you're there, i.e. in front of you, some distance away. The change has been done for Telios reasons and, like all the other changes, doesn't make much sense in the rest of the game.

• Options
    aiqa said:

If you're within 25' of the enemy as a telepath, and you're using any (non-malevolent manifestationed Ego Storm) holds at all (you know, what ego sprites is specifically designed to work with), you're doing it wrong. Very wrong. It's just ridiculously unnatural as a play style given what the power was designed to work with.

It's not the PBAoE part that's the problem, it's the 25' range. (That said, 50' PBAoE is crazy, but was there anything wrong with how it was working before? Change for the sake of change, when that change breaks the power functionality in ways that are unnatural, is not good change.)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    xrazamax wrote: »

I_DONT_LIKE_5cg3rc.jpg
    25 feet, 25 freaking feet

The Entire point of existance of Ego Sprite was to be COMBINED with Ego Sleep (which is a horrible power for PvE and I wonder why does it even exist)

All my attackS on the build are the 50 feet new telepathy DoTs! And then there is Ego Sleep!

We DON'T like change because this change is BAD for the power!

NOT all powers benefit by Point Blank system​​
  • Options
    Uhm.. has anybody else noticed that the Armadillo Breastplate is missing from the Questionite Store. You can't buy the complete set anymore? Is this intentional?​​
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    For people that don't undersand the Ego Sleep + Ego Sprites problem. A Mind AT was able to sleep a large group of targets, and then apply Ego Sprites from a distance. All of this could be done without unwanted aggroing of additional targets and most importantly without waking the sleeping targets.

Those two powers were intentionally designed to work together that way. As long as no other powers are fired a Mind could sleep and ego sprite their way past difficult mobs.

This was fine in the past - as was usually only something taken advantage of solo. Mobs were so weak that it made much more sense for teams to just damage steamroll them.

Now enter Telios Ascendant - with it's tougher mobs. Crowd Control is now a more desirable tactic.

Players with the right control specs, could safely keep these harder-to-kill mobs slept - while safely whittling away at them using ego sprites from a distance. Imagine a couple of Sleep + Ego Sprite users safely clearing their way through the trash mobs. This is one of the few cases where two control types can work together, without stepping on each others toes. One cast sleep, the other sleeps the missed mobs, both use Ego Sprites without waking them.

That's my crazy theory at least. This change makes it much harder to pull off the Ego Sleep and Sprites combo. You have to get closer in to do damage and risk aggroing other mobs. So two powers that were designed to work together smoothly, don't work togehter as well anymore.​​
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2016

aiqa said:

Nah. Tried it, doesn't work very well in practice. Generally speaking a 25ft sphere is useful for those surrounded, but this isn't how the Ego Sleep/Ego Sprites combo usually works - the hold is applied to enemies before they've noticed you're there, i.e. in front of you, some distance away. The change has been done for Telios reasons and, like all the other changes, doesn't make much sense in the rest of the game.

Telepathy is not a low mobility set where your main powers have a selfroot on a long maintain or charge. So start using that mobility. PbAoE are all about moving to where you want your powers to be used. You can still to things like: sleep a group, target anyone that isn't sleep and attack that one with Ego Blast or TK Assault. While you are attacking move to the sleeping targets and use Sprites.

Sure if you try to use it exactly like a power that requires a target with a 50 feet range it wont work, but if you slightly adjust your playstyle it works much better than before.
This discussion has been closed.