test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kinda Quick Skin Request for Galaxy-X

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I don't know if this is implementable or not, but could the Monarch Class be offered as an alternative skin on the Galaxy-X/Dread as well? It's one of those 'duh' items that seems like it would have gotten picked up on sooner. It may be that the extra nacelle and lance geometry eat up the poly's needed to implement the Monarch skin, but if it's possible, it would really be a nice bonus for the Galaxy X owners.

It would probably take too much work to get the -X to have individual sections like most ships, and I am willing to accept that at best you might only be able to implement a 'one or the other' system like on the K'tinga class ship.

I've already seen several people in-game would would find even a basic customization option favorable for the Galaxy-X, and it would be nice if we could get any kind of info as to whether or not it's even feasible. Please, if you could, give a sign if it is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What exactly do you mean monarch? Enterprise j? Meh. One of the worst canonical ships ever created?

Or are you asking for some fan made design we will nEver see?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Monarch is the other hull type for the Galaxy Refit.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    What exactly do you mean monarch? Enterprise j? Meh. One of the worst canonical ships ever created?

Or are you asking for some fan made design we will nEver see?

The Monarch Class, also known as the alternate skin for the T5 galaxy refit. It was created after the Galaxy Dreadnaught was added to the game, and it's never been added to the Dreadnaught. It's become a more and more glaring ommission over time, what with the Nebula refit getting a variant of the skin. It just makes sense to finally port it over to the Dreadnaught Cruiser now, as a clear and obvious continuity hole to fill.

The Ent-J is the Universe class, by the way.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Any pics of it?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Never mind. I know exactly what your talking about
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, that. Cap'n Logan could even use most of the refit geometry for the Galaxy variant, other than a few minor tweaks to make it look a little better. The hardest section would be the neck, where the twin impulse deck is on the galaxy edition. I'm not entirely certain how he would do it, maybe something sovereign-esque. The cannon emplacements could be moved onto the underside of the saucer for it, since they'd get in the way of the through-deck shuttlebay on a Monarch. Everything else could be directly imported from the Monarch class, if this could be implemented. It'd probably make it a slight bit more popular, as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Monarch Class, also known as the alternate skin for the T5 galaxy refit. It was created after the Galaxy Dreadnaught was added to the game, and it's never been added to the Dreadnaught. It's become a more and more glaring ommission over time, what with the Nebula refit getting a variant of the skin. It just makes sense to finally port it over to the Dreadnaught Cruiser now, as a clear and obvious continuity hole to fill.

The Ent-J is the Universe class, by the way.

Sorry. The confusion comes from the hundreds of fan made designs and requests to change ship models, update ship models, and add new designs.

Btw, the reason I believe you meant the ent j is here:
    http://www.chrisjonesgaming.info/index.php5?title=Monarch_Class

Although drexler has called the ship universe class, There is no canonical reference to the name of the class of the ent j ship class, so.. I'm sure that's up for debate.

Back on topic, yea that would be cool to have. The monarch is light years more attractive then the celestial and envoy which are gawd awful. They are probably on my top 7 worst cryptic designs, along with the vesper, one or two nova class alternatives, every one of the promethius alternatives (terrible!) and the majestic class (or which ever assault cruiser class has the comically skinny secondary hull). Sorry, had to vent, been holding that in since I saw the ship designs well before release. I'm definately a monarch fan, and my Main ship in the game is the Magellan class, the monarch's nebula counterpart.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Exactly. It'd be a perfect way to score cheap brownie points. I mean, it's the most expensive Fed ship in the game, and it has ~NO~ customization. At least give us the same options as the much cheaper Nebula & Galaxy refits! Please tell me it's not too much to ask?

I've got some other ideas on how to bring it in line to better represent it in game, but that's another thread, for a later date.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    OOOOOH MY GOODNESS, I am so glad someone else also had this idea dawn on them, too. I have literally been going on about this for months, and mention it whenever given the opportunity! ;)
    So I'll say it again:
    The Galaxy-X totally needs a variant using the T5 Monarch's model. They can even use the T5 Magellan's engineering strut in pretty much the exact same fashion, too! All they'd really need to do is slap on some extra armor on the nacelles, model and texture new phaser cannon blisters and a spinal lance, and BAM! Monarch-X Dreadnaught cruiser.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Exactly. It'd be a perfect way to score cheap brownie points. I mean, it's the most expensive Fed ship in the game, and it has ~NO~ customization

Well, at least t hen it's just like the most expensive KDF vessel in the game, that also has no custimization. (In fact, I think the Galaxy-X has custimization- not in hull components, but at least you get different skins and patterns...)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well, at least t hen it's just like the most expensive KDF vessel in the game, that also has no customization. (In fact, I think the Galaxy-X has customization- not in hull components, but at least you get different skins and patterns...)

True, the Siege Destroyer needs customization as well, but that's going to take a while longer, as it doesn't have a nearly complete variant ready to slap in. Plus, it's nausican, so... I'm not really certain ~HOW~ to produce a variant for it.

I'm proposing the Monarch-X because 80-90% of the work for it is already done, with only importing the lance model, finding someplace to emplace the cannon turrets, and a new central nacelle strut w/advanced impulse engines to install.

I've got a ~MAJOR~ way to revamp, rebalance and upgrade both ships to make them more worth their money, but that's a separate thread's topic.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    This has been asked for sense the Monarch (then the Celestial) came into play.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Looking at the in game models, IIRC...

The Nacelles from the Monarch, Envoy, or Celestial should easily be adaptable to the Galaxy X as all can be attached to Standard Galaxy Warp Pylons... and should be easy to plug in place of the 3rd nacelle as well...

possibly the Warp pylons from all of the above may be easily adaptable too due to the afore mentioned swapability of the nacelles and ability to attach to the standard galaxy engineering hull...(just leave the fins off the variant pylons if need be)

The engineering Hulls might require some work, but since the "spine" of the "neck" on the T4 explorers varies in visibility depending on the hull selected, just treat the center pylon/spine assembly the same way and let it stick up through and "wrap" the engineering hull around it...

The Saucers, Necks, and Center pylons would need some adapting/remodeling...

So...

Why not give us the parts that fit for now?:confused:;)
    or at least the nacelles?:confused:
    - and give us the rest in an update down the road after they've had time to convert them...

I'd be happy with other nacelle, pylon and hull options, with a standard galaxy x saucer, center pylon, and neck for the time being... if I could at least swap the nacelles, and hopefully the warp pylons or engineering hull

on a related topic I'd like to see the ability to attach a mission pod (nebula or monarch) to the center pylon in lieu of a 3rd nacelle, or to remove the center nacelle&upper pylon(not the spine) purely for aesthetics...
    but that could definitely wait in lieu of the ability to swap engines or other components...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Why was this moved to the C-Store? At no point do I suggest that this be required to cost C-store points, and this is something that should be an inherent property of the class! Put it back!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    i would imagine that since its related to a cstore item it got moved.