test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q Boost Double Rewards Weekend!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
From Friday, April 29 at 10 a.m. PDT (5 p.m. UTC/GMT) to Monday, May 2 at 10 a.m., visit Q in Earth Spacedock or Qo'noS to receive a boost that will DOUBLE your rewards!

Link to the news article.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Has the Continuum chosen to take pity on us? Might they be lending us a hand toward our reaching our place within the universe? :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Not that I don't appreciate it, but why?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I believe that Q just want to make things more interesting for us...because we are "boring" to him. Otherwise, it seems like a good idea to take advantage of this offer however we can.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    also, am I mistaken or are we looking at a possible 70% skill boost this weekend?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nice! I just started another toon! This will help me level him up quicker! I'm ready to rock this weekend now! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Aevn wrote:
    Not that I don't appreciate it, but why?

Marketing.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Perfect chance to run all your alts through the Featured Episodes so that you'll be closer to the Rerun rewards when they hit.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    :::: Cracks knuckles .... And i just activated my 8 hour boost on an alt. Goodness!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I really hope stuff like this happens more often, would really improve the game.

Especially since I'm so busy this weekend and was gonna spend my free time playing through both Bad Company's :/

But, Cryptic, do this kinda stuff more often :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    well at least were not on Trial lol. Time to whip out my alts and get them up in Rank :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Have fun altoholics.

As for me with 3 capped toons... don't care. Meh.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Perhaps it's a way of making it up to players after the power-leveling Foundry missions were pulled.

But Cryptic should have given a clear reason for doing this, such as to celebrate the re-release of the Featured Series and old rewards during the month of May.

Also, no energy credit or emblem boost for PvP? Yes Cryptic, alienate the PvP crowd even more, who are already teed off at the lack of new PvP maps. Then again, they are a minority of STO players (face it, PvPers) and they only seem to want to do PvP and not PvE. If this weekend event doesn't get them to do more PvE, nothing ever will (except new STF bonus loot sets).

Meanwhile, on to grinding my alts. No sleep this weekend. OUCH! :(
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Have fun altoholics.

Perhaps it's a way of making it up to players after the power-leveling Foundry missions were pulled.

But Cryptic should have given a clear reason for doing this, such as to celebrate the re-release of the Featured Series and old rewards during the month of May.

Meanwhile, on to grinding my alts. No sleep this weekend. OUCH! :(

Who needs a reason? Dont look a gifthorse in the mouth is what id say.

Im not going to use this for lvling my alts. ITS EMBLEM TIME.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If we are trully in need of a reason for the Q-event and the Ship-sale, I might hazzard the following;

With so little content between the last (awesome) Featured Series and S4, random events like this one keep things interesting and may inspire folks to continue checking back in on the game to see if anything is going on.

Just a thought.

Regardless, I'm happy to see both.

maj!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    DLRevan wrote: »
    Who needs a reason? Dont look a gifthorse in the mouth is what id say.

Im not going to use this for lvling my alts. ITS EMBLEM TIME.

Precisely! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    This is great for my emblem grinding...i might just actually reach 180 emblems that i need!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I expect Q will also show up on Quonos ?!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    personally i see this as my chance to max out my main fedy character and when the weekly episode for the reman sheilds pops by itll be the best one! that and i need to give my KDF char some love...or bloodwine!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I posted this to my Fleet Forums so all our members that don't read the STO forums will be in game this weekend
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Why are Energy Credits and Emblems earned in PVP not affected? Just give us some reason before we lose the last spark of hope, that you dont hate the PVP Comunity so much, you have to bully them at every chance.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Didn't we already get a FREE 200% XP boost from the New Fire at Will ability? ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    no boost for PvP, no good event!

(i won't notice at all, only doing pvp)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    And if they did include pvp you'd have more people who'd just sit it out either way pvp is flawed as the model stands I don't see how Cryptic can do anything without putting some people out.

Not to put a downer on this but I can see exploiters having a field day.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    And if they did include pvp you'd have more people who'd just sit it out either way pvp is flawed as the model stands I don't see how Cryptic can do anything without putting some people out.

Who cares? They are always there, when there is a daily and they are gone, when they got their emblems after 3 matches. But while PVP is not affected, even those who usallay PVP will go and grind or level some twinks. Nobody will queue. Thx a lot!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That's why I said 'more' people. And clearly you care as you are fully right to do so. One thing I know by now is Cryptic can't satisfy everyone and it doesn't matter what they do there will be people trying to circumvent the right way to play this game or any game by exploiting everything they can. I'm sure Cryptic has their reasons although I don't know what they are because there are quicker and easier ways of getting emblems than in public pvp matches.

Sadly this is something Cryptic is sorely lacking in, communication and partly consideration. They don't give the community any details other than 'something is happening' leading people to miss out on things they can no longer get or putting a 50% sale on just a week or so after a 20% sale. I was contemplating getting a lot more ships but luckily just got the prometheus. For all those that bought more...seriously Cryptic 'think' before you act. Making money is in everyone's best interest so STO can prosper but can you consider all those people who have now been told they could have saved more? The TOS bundle which was supposedly limited...isn't so limited (could have sworn the offer was up to a few days but it's now been weeks and included in a 20% sale!). It doesn't do a lot for the community trust in Cryptic and that is worth something too.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Have fun altoholics.

Hello ... My name is MoonsEye and I am a STO-A-HOLIC.

It has been 30 seconds since I last logged in ...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    woooo should be able to easily finish my new engineer!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Blue_Fire wrote:
    From Friday, April 29 at 10 a.m. PDT (5 p.m. UTC/GMT) to Monday, May 2 at 10 a.m., visit Q in Earth Spacedock or Qo'noS to receive a boost that will DOUBLE your rewards!

Link to the news article.

The Q Boost doubles your rewards of Skill Points, Bridge Officer Skill Points, Merits, Honor, Marks and Emblems! These boosts stack with the Skill Point Boosts available at the C-Store, so you could earn even more! (Energy Credits and Emblems earned in PVP are not affected by Boosts.)

Boosts expire after four hours of real time, not game time. If your boost expires, you can visit Q again!
    Oh...

That's not the answer for more PvP support I hoped for. :(

This is very, very weak. I hope it's just some lame tech issue that makes this impossible, but really ...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Um noob quesion butwhere abouts is Q in the star base
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    wrote:
    Um noob quesion butwhere abouts is Q in the star base
    Last time he was in the bar on Earth Space Dock. I'd assume they would do the same for this.