test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOS Movie Era Bridges and Interiors Petition

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
:D Hello everybody. This thread is here two reasons: First to get the attention of the Devs and Reps on the issue of this thread and second the issue of this thread itself which is that I would like to see TOS Movie Era (Star Trek 1 through Star Trek 6) Bridges and interiors. Espciecially for the following classes: Constitution (both TOS and Refit), Miranda, Oberth, Excelsior, B'rel, and K'Tinga so that is both Fed and KDF. Thanks. There now that that's out of the way Cryptic Devs and Reps please look through the above and post what you would like to say. And fellow STO players and fans post what you would like to say. Thank you. Also post here if you support the addition of TOS "Movie" Era Bridges and Interiors.:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I would absolutely love a Undiscovered Country Excelsior Bridge. So... Much... Win.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Since "petitions" aren't allowed in the forums, I won't sign it.

However...I would love, love LOVE a proper Excelsior bridge and interior :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I support the above recommendation, can we also have the shuttlebay from The Final Frontier with a pop up safety net?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Since "petitions" aren't allowed in the forums, I won't sign it.

However...I would love, love LOVE a proper Excelsior bridge and interior :D

You serious? Petitions aren't allowed? Ineed clarifaction on tihs. I could change the thread name. But let me know more on this thanks.:eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You serious? Petitions aren't allowed? Ineed clarifaction on tihs. I could change the thread name. But let me know more on this thanks.:eek:

Thats right, petitions are usually locked. Discussions are fine, but not petitions.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Const and excel bridges from st 6 woukd work for me :-)

One thing on current bridges that would be nice, is ability to remove or change the ship layout image thats on the screens that show a defiantg, sci ship, or whatever.. that way they feel more universal. I like a lot of em but it takes away from the enjoyment when the layout doesnt match my ship.

- X -

P.s. i would have asked for this sooner, but i figured devs would get to this stuff when they could :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thats right, petitions are usually locked. Discussions are fine, but not petitions.

Oh OK. Then Devs and Reps please change the name of this thread to TOS Movie Era Bridges and Interiors remove the word petition. But seriously please look at this thread. Thanks.:D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think your suggestion is a great suggestion. An I support that suggestion.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I really like this idea, and give it my full support. Movie-Era interiors are on my short-list of, "If they make it, I'll buy it". TOS was my father's Star Trek.. those stuffy red uniforms, and gleaming white beauty-shots of the Movie Enterprise.. were mine.

Things I really appreciate being available, but probably won't buy.
    • All Good Things uniform
    • TOS Medical uniforms
    • TOS Dress Uniforms
    • TOS Bridge & Interior
    • TOS Constitution Class

Things I actually HAVE bought:
    • Motion Picture uniform
    • Counselor Troi uniform
    • 7 of 9 Uniform
    • Mirror TOS Uniforms
    • Enterprise Bundle (I bought it for the mirror uniforms and T'Pol's outfit and marginally for the NX)
    • Open Jacket pack (though I'm somewhat dissatisfied with that one)
    • TOS and TOS Mirror Uniforms

Things I might buy:
    • Oberth Class (I like it, but I don't have much use for it at Commander rank)
    • Bajoran Uniforms

Things I will most likely buy if/when they become available:
    • Ambassador Class Starship
    • Movie-Era Bridge & Interiors
    • Movie Era Shuttles (spacedock shuttle, Galileo Shuttle, Workbee)
    • Tier 5 Enterprise-A Constitution (II)
    • "Yesterday's Enterprise" bundle with alternate TNG uniforms, and collarless WOK uniforms

Speaking of workbees. we really need an out of combat "repair" console that when triggered, launches a swarm of workbees that cloud around the ship doing little welding flashes.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I would love to see the movie era bridges and interiors, especially a proper excelsior bridge and ST6 style interior (crew quarters with bunk beds are a must!)... that would be an absolute purchase for me...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yay my thread's alive! I'm so happy.:D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    support! excelsior bridge...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks to everybody who's posted so far.:D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    PodSix, I love your sig.

On topic now, I'm not sure if an Excelsior Interior has ever really been seen at any great length.

Excelsior Bridge, and Connie Refit Bridge, would love to see it.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Phibrizzo wrote: »
    PodSix, I love your sig.

On topic now, I'm not sure if an Excelsior Interior has ever really been seen at any great length.

Excelsior Bridge, and Connie Refit Bridge, would love to see it.

Undiscovered Country. Both Bridges were seen a lot. Also the Voyager episode "Flashbacks" used the exact Excelsior Bridge from Undiscovered Country.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Undiscovered Country. Both Bridges were seen a lot. Also the Voyager episode "Flashbacks" used the exact Excelsior Bridge from Undiscovered Country.

I wasn't talking about the Bridges themselves.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'd rather see them go back and give a once over to the bridges/interiors that are already there and fix/update them.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    yeah, I really want that era of bridges and interiors. That's my favorite Star Trek.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    This is a great idea. The nice thing about it is that it would have universal appeal - the TOS movie fans get their bridges and corridors, and it holds up for the TNG-DS9 fans who like to get around in T5 Lakota Refits. :)

I also like the idea of customizable MSDs. They're such an iconic display panel on Trek bridges and the previous poster was right - it does ring false when you're commanding and Excelsior using - say - a Prometheus "Blaze" bridge, and have to put up with the Prometheus MSD behind your captain's chair.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Heavy support for the following:

TWOK Enterprise Bridge
    TWOK Reliant Bridge
    ST III Grissom Bridge
    ST III Excelsior Bridge
    ST VI Enterprise Bridge
    ST VI Excelsior Bridge
    "Yesterday's Enterprise" Enterprise C Bridge (Perhaps a package deal with the Ambassador when it comes)

Remaster all existing bridge packs and interiors to match scale and quality of TOS Bridge / Interior

Develop a pull-down system to assign pre-set crew sets to your bridge & interior with the following options:
    • TOS Uniforms
    • TMP Uniforms
    • TWOK Uniforms
    • TNG Uniforms
    • DS9 / VOY Uniforms
    • TNG Movie Era Uniforms

I would like to see all the above incorporated into the game. And I'd like to see it sooner rather than later, but that's just me.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm generally opposed to legacy packs, but honestly, an Excelsior bridge pack would be nice, given how often that particular set was used and reused over the course of the different movies and series. That particular bridge has to be the single most used set-piece in Trek.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    A TMP Era Bridge would definitely be a wonderful addition to STO since we have Refit Constitution, Excelsior, Oberth and Miranda ships in the game. It would also let the Foundry mission maker make mission based in that Era. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    A worthy cause. The old bridges looks so alien to me. Apart from the TOS one of course.

---
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I am an Old School fan of Tos. Saw it when it 1st came out. But I would really like to see a better designed Sovreign Bridge and interior incuding proper scaling. All these younger kids deserve their favorites to come out .
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    A rescale of the stock bridges, before venturing into ye olde C-Store domain, would be a nice move towards a higher quality game beyond doubt. And that opens the next can of worms, you should not have to pay, for that which should have been from the first day. I can see special interest bridges there though.

---
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sernon wrote:
    A rescale of the stock bridges, before venturing into ye olde C-Store domain, would be a nice move towards a higher quality game beyond doubt. And that opens the next can of worms, you should not have to pay, for that which should have been from the first day. I can see special interest bridges there though.

---

I will second the cry of outrage that would come from making folks pay again for the Sovereign bridge (or any other)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for all the posts in this thread guys keep it up.:D
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I would also like to add my support to this thread. I would love to see movie era bridges.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I support this, I mean i don't really have a lot of option with the T5 Connie dead I also would like if the fixed the TWOK uniforms to have the proper ranks on them.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for all the posts in this thread guys keep it up.:D

That was an awesome way to "bump" your thread to get it going again wtihout actually saying "bump". And let it be known. I would waste my $ on a TMP and TNG interior pack like they did with TOS.