test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Species change-token

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I know this has been requested before, but I'd very much like to see species-change tokens in the C-Store for exisitng characters. Many species have been released since launch and those of us who have been playing since head start or launch would really like to change our species to something else. It would also generate revenue for Cryptic/Atari and help fund new content for the game and things. Many other games already offer this kind of option, so why not STO? :) Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I completely agree. I would pay for this.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I too, would like this option asap, and would be happy to pay for it. I've been wanting to do this for a long time on a couple of my characters.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Signed. I really could use this on a few of my characters. Please give us this as a service in the C-Store.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    1 word:-

yesiwantthis

:D

i think it is very good idea for us and of course a lot of people would change their character species. i would to alien because then you have the ability to become anything you want :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm not usually a "me too" person lol, but heck yes! Let us have this choice in the game. A *lot* of people would pay for this. I certainly would.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I could REALLY use this, sooner rather than later. I will gladly pay for this on 4 characters. Make it so!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I fully agree with the posts above mine. I want and need this ability. I'm willing to part with some cash to make it happen.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I agree with this proposal, I wanted to change my Tac Officer's species but I did not want to re make him
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I highly doubt this would happen since it devalues alts and Cryptic makes money off of selling you character slots.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Presbytier wrote: »
    I highly doubt this would happen since it devalues alts and Cryptic makes money off of selling you character slots.
    They would make a lot more money if they sold a race-change token in the C-Store for 2,000 AT.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    They would make a lot more money if they sold a race-change token in the C-Store for 2,000 AT.

I know i would buy it at least once.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fantastic idea :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Change race as a visual only? or a complete change or race including option to pick new traits as well?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Presbytier wrote: »

According to executive producer Dan Stahl in the January 20, 2011 Ask Cryptic:
    Q: Acceleron: What are the chances of a "retrait" token being added to the c-store? Will there be set bonuses for ground combat and space weapons? Is there another stf in the works? or is it currently on the back burner?
    A:I'm still a big fan of being able to "re-species" your character which would allow you to re-trait them as well. We are in need of some core software support to make this a reality, but I hope to see it someday, so the chances are good.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I stand corrected. Let the genetic alterations begin!
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Ok PvP trait revamp Here I come.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Starting with a Borg character and happening to pick the perfect race traits (in my opinion) I'm content with my character. However, I'm not stupid and I think this will be a very welcomed addition to the game. Sort of like reseting your skill points, this could be used to change race and skills. Also, what about a class change? Switching from tac to sci for example. Possible one token that allows you to completely change the character ... including male/female. I'm not saying I want to change my character :) just that customization is key to player happiness. The more options, the more diversity (and c-store purchases). Remember, once you change your character, you have essentially created an alt and lose your old character. If you want a healer, a tank, and a alt-tank ... you'll only be able to have one at a time. If paying the points to constantly switch and taking the time to change your character is worth it ... why stop you. I still believe people will continue to create alts and get more alt space. I know it's hard for many people to simple delete their character and get a new one ... even if it's the same level.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Based on the replies so far in the thread, it seems there is much enthusiasm about them providing a means to change species, and that's good news for us players.