test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what have kdf really gotten since release ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Roach wrote: »
    Rapture!!
    How have you been?

Been hanging in there. Roller derby's clicking and this is gonna be a fun season. Got my finances straightened out enough to play Star Trek again. I was missing the game. I beta tested DCUO. Was some fun story line content. But not a very social game. Then did Champions free to play for a week or two, and really just missed my starships. Heh.

How are you? How's everything around here? See a lot of familiar faces around the posts and the test channel when I logged on last night. That was nice.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    From what I've seen, Klingons really haven't got much that is just for them over the last 9 months. Most of what they got was really for both faction. Some of it is still broken for the Klingons, even though it works for the Feds.

Plus, for everything 1 thing the Klingons get, the Feds get 2-4 more things just for them. This is why it is taking so long to get anything for Klingons. If they'd split their manpower evenly between Fed, Klingon and Both from launch, we'd have a fun faction to play by now, with enough content to not have to grind so much. Sure we wouldn't have as much as the Fed side and would never have as much, but we'd have enough. The problem is, instead of splitting the manpower, they focused it first on the Fed side, then on the STFs & Weekly episodes, leaving very little if any to work on the Klingons.

If they'd work on both factions equally as I mentioned above, we'd have a lot more folks playing on the KDF side and likely wouldn't have as much of the forum PvP as we have now when we have to beg for more content. We also wouldn't have to beg for content like a targ begging for table scraps.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    superchum wrote: »
    Been hanging in there. Roller derby's clicking and this is gonna be a fun season. Got my finances straightened out enough to play Star Trek again. I was missing the game. I beta tested DCUO. Was some fun story line content. But not a very social game. Then did Champions free to play for a week or two, and really just missed my starships. Heh.

How are you? How's everything around here? See a lot of familiar faces around the posts and the test channel when I logged on last night. That was nice.

Yay chum is back....now he can speak wonderful wise words to some of these people...lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Good to see you back Superchum :)

For on topic:

Perhaps the Foundry is the only thing we have for further Klingon specific content as I see the devs more interested in C-Store stuff, see the D'Kyr, Delta Flyer, Oberth, Ambassador. Kumari .....
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Superchum, it's good to see you're back.
    I was worried you'd given up on the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Zutty wrote: »
    If you dont mind grinding and just want to level up ASAP, the best XP per effort is done by replaying one of the devidian series missions ('Everything Old Is New' IIRC) as its easy and still worth the same XP as any other mission.

Is this right? Ive been doing Exploration missions over and over (well i only do the ones were you protect a ship or base or kill some tribbles or borg sattelites etc) Been doing that for about 40 levels now, safe to say im pretty bored of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I am back in myself after a Hiatus due to computer sabotage (long story) as a result of a bad pratical joke on my part. Everything else is going great and I'm just slowly trying to bring my toons back inline with current STO events.:)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am back in myself after a Hiatus due to computer sabotage (long story) as a result of a bad pratical joke on my part. Everything else is going great and I'm just slowly trying to bring my toons back inline with current STO events.:)

dito after just gettin out of hospital, i might put predator back up as my avatar but the kitten is a deadly ninja, u nudge that ball of wool an your a dead man.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sh1ngara wrote:
    dito after just gettin out of hospital, i might put predator back up as my avatar but the kitten is a deadly ninja, u nudge that ball of wool an your a dead man.

(gives wide berth to sleeping kitty)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wrote:
    (gives wide berth to sleeping kitty)
    Did you know that cats have problems seeing things very close to them? What you are doing is just making it be able to determine your weak spots and be able to decide an optimum attack strategy!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Did you know that cats have problems seeing things very close to them? What you are doing is just making it be able to determine your weak spots and be able to decide an optimum attack strategy!

Its ok. I own a chinese cookbook and am a level 48 WokMaster.:D
    I'm more worried about the claws and lightning reflexes.
    (starts his secret anti-cat kata)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Its ok. I own a chinese cookbook and am a level 48 WokMaster.:D
    I'm more worried about the claws and lightning reflexes.
    (starts his secret anti-cat kata)

You should be far more worried about their teleportation skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    mister_dee wrote:
    You should be far more worried about their teleportation skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw

Well that settles it. No sleep for me tonight.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm just slowly trying to bring my toons back inline with current STO events.:)

Yeah, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the new "stuff" in the game since I last played. But really really enjoying it all.

I figure once I get my bearings and get used to things I'll bug some of you guys about being in a fleet. It seems the one we were in fell apart? I was fleetless when I logged in.

@MisterDee: Nope, I didn't give up on the game. I just needed the break around the holidays. Always intended to come back when I got steadier employment.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the new "stuff" in the game since I last played. But really really enjoying it all.

I figure once I get my bearings and get used to things I'll bug some of you guys about being in a fleet. It seems the one we were in fell apart? I was fleetless when I logged in.

@MisterDee: Nope, I didn't give up on the game. I just needed the break around the holidays. Always intended to come back when I got steadier employment.

You are more than welcome to join the one I am in...we are one of the larger fleets in the game on both sides....:D PM me in-game or here and I'll show ye around to the guys...we help our own...betcha you'd find us interesting to say the least. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Sadly its a possibility as communication has been little of late on the KIA fleet forums.
    Or your toon was dropped due to inactivity within the roster.
    Iether way I will not be upset in your seeking out new pastures.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    on my newest KDF char I got to captain before there was a real gap in any missions. There is a bit of a grind from captain to general, replaying missions and stuff. so thats the biggest gap. but up to captain it was cake. plenty of pve stuff(not that I don't want more)
    if they fill that out, and throw in some badly needed ships and costumes we'll be set.

that being said, the stuff they're planning for s4 for klingons looks good. being able to start as klingon, a new tut, new quests, etc. high hopes.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There is a ton of Star Trek lore for the Klingons, Orions, Nausicans etc... I have seen only a bit, I am hoping at some point we do see it. I my self would like to see all these races ships at least on the Klingon side, I would think there would be more since the feds are more uniformed with things like that, where as the Klingons would more than likely to accept various types of "Alliance ships" to serve under there flag.

I just rolled a Orion tac officer, do you think the Klingon High Command would give a Bird of Prey to a novice Lt? Or would it be more likely that this Orion brought his or her own ship (maybe stolen) to serve the Empire. Just having a bit of fun with this :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    25 percent content you say?..lol dont think 8 real missions is mutch more then 10 percent :d
    i dont consider pvp content, thats something you do between missions to blow off steam, or something you do just to win some special gear in most games, how hard is it to take a few employees, make them watch the old trek movies and series involving klingons, and say"do something with this, you have 3 months".
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Once again we get screwed over in favor of yet another Fed only mission. They've added the Craft Delta Flyer mission to Tribble. After telling us no new content for either faction until Season 4 is released.

I am now thoroughly disgusted with the constant lies about how they care about KDF players. If they actually did care, they wouldn't keep adding more Fed only stuff and at least make things like this available to both factions.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Pan420 wrote:
    how hard is it to take a few employees, make them watch the old trek movies and series involving klingons, and say"do something with this, you have 3 months".

Pretty sure that's how those 8 missions got made in the first place.

;)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I guess they are on permanent vacation (or got fired) since then there was nothing else added or improved.
    As mentioned in many threads before - KDF literaly got nothing but **** from the C-Store.
    And everytime a FED ist QQing about how OP this or that KDF ship/power/bo/name is it got nerved errr fixed.

Cryptic should be so bolt an just shutdown KDF gameplay.

But what do I write? Cryptic never reads their own forums.