Options

How to Make Energy Credits

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Thlaylie wrote: »
    I don't remember receiving EC as a PvP award?

"PvP currency?" There's another specific to PvP currency?

"PvP vendors?" There's specific PvP vendors? Where are these vendors located and what's their names?

As I stated before, I earn between 15k and 25k EC per PvP match. I think I read somewhere that the actual amount depends on how long you are in game.

As to PvP currency and awards - I think he is referring to the emblems you can earn for completing the daily PvP run.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    CrustyMac wrote: »
    I don't remember receiving EC as a PvP award?

"PvP currency?" There's another specific to PvP currency?

"PvP vendors?" There's specific PvP vendors? Where are these vendors located and what's their names?
    As I stated before, I earn between 15k and 25k EC per PvP match. I think I read somewhere that the actual amount depends on how long you are in game.

As to PvP currency and awards - I think he is referring to the emblems you can earn for completing the daily PvP run.
    To confirm and expound: In addition to XP, you do get a modest stipend for each PvP match that does vary on how much damage you do... I think it may also be affect by healing, but I'm not sure (and/or it's affected less my healing). I don't know the formula, but you still get some cash even if you do poorly.

At End Game your PvP Dailies will give you Emblems, but separate from those, and available at all ranks, there is a specific PVP currency that you get after every match (regardless of your mission status). And I think these may also vary based on damage/healing. The PvP currencies are Medals and you can get details here:
    http://www.stowiki.org/Medals

I think most of the weapons you purchase with Medals are bound on purchase, but you can get unbound uncommon consoles that can be sold on the Exchange.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I must also add that while Data Samples can rake in good EC, they are especially susceptible to "people" playing the "exchange game."

I usually post at the lowest current rate so that I don't undercut the last person's stuff, these guys will post a credit under for 20 samples pushing yours and the 1rst persons stuff out of the running.

The Exchange needs a tool that will allow us to post several items at the same price without having to select each one, that would make these "games" less tedious.

mmm...I thought this was called "competition". Check the current prices, post accordingly. Sometimes, things are posted (and bought!) on the exchange for ridiculous prices, like 100k+ for a SINGLE data particle, not even a rare one. It's just normal that someone will post the same for a lower price quite soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You have to be careful and check with the vendors before posting on the exchange as some "people" continuously post drastically lower than the going rate as a type of "game."

Don't get caught up trying to underbid these "people" when the vendor would have given you more EC for the items.

Also these "people" will sometimes suddenly just post a bundle of items drastically below the going rate. I have seen "people" in the chat box talking about "crashing the exchange." Don't get upset, just buy their bundles for cheap as you can always resell them for a lot more EC after these "people" knock it off for the night.

"people" :rolleyes:

that being said, you're more likely to sell your item if it's slightly lower than the going rate at the exchange, so if you are trying to sell stuff but you don't need oodles of EC, go with a lower price. If you see Stahl tribbles listed for 1 million on the exchange, that doesn't mean you should list yours for a million too.

(I've seen this quite a bit, Stahl Tribbles are really easy to breed, but they will often be listed for 1Mil+ on the exchange. I usually just toss the ones I get, they aren't worth the trouble. Unless they are super rares, I usually don't sell any tribble for more than a grand.)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    To confirm and expound: In addition to XP, you do get a modest stipend for each PvP match that does vary on how much damage you do... I think it may also be affect by healing, but I'm not sure (and/or it's affected less my healing). I don't know the formula, but you still get some cash even if you do poorly.

At End Game your PvP Dailies will give you Emblems, but separate from those, and available at all ranks, there is a specific PVP currency that you get after every match (regardless of your mission status). And I think these may also vary based on damage/healing. The PvP currencies are Medals and you can get details here:
    http://www.stowiki.org/Medals

I think most of the weapons you purchase with Medals are bound on purchase, but you can get unbound uncommon consoles that can be sold on the Exchange.

Ahh, Thank You for this. This was a part of the game I was unaware of. Looks like I was rewarded with these and didn't notice. :)

I can see that my Toons are already way beyond the level of rewards, but it's nice to know I can do this for EC and valuable Exchange items.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    that being said, you're more likely to sell your item if it's slightly lower than the going rate at the exchange, so if you are trying to sell stuff but you don't need oodles of EC, go with a lower price. If you see Stahl tribbles listed for 1 million on the exchange, that doesn't mean you should list yours for a million too.

(I've seen this quite a bit, Stahl Tribbles are really easy to breed, but they will often be listed for 1Mil+ on the exchange. I usually just toss the ones I get, they aren't worth the trouble. Unless they are super rares, I usually don't sell any tribble for more than a grand.)

I think a lot of the items you see on the Exchange for exorbitant prices are people either transferring EC from character to character or they're using the Exchange for storage. I knew someone that played the Exchange storage game back before there were time limits.

I guess some of them could be naive enough to think people will buy items for that price, too.

And I guess some people are naive enough to pay that price. Meh.

Z
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ahh, Thank You for this... Looks like I was rewarded with these and didn't notice. :)
    Well, cool! Looks like Christmas for you today, then! Glad I could play Santa. :D

HA!

Oh and Zordar, I noticed you have my Ship Power Calc linked in your signature, thanks for that! I'm honored! :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Updated post, added links, made more interesting.

Still a work in progress.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You have to be careful and check with the vendors before posting on the exchange as some "people" continuously post drastically lower than the going rate as a type of "game."

Don't get caught up trying to underbid these "people" when the vendor would have given you more EC for the items.

Also these "people" will sometimes suddenly just post a bundle of items drastically below the going rate. I have seen "people" in the chat box talking about "crashing the exchange." Don't get upset, just buy their bundles for cheap as you can always resell them for a lot more EC after these "people" knock it off for the night.

"people" :rolleyes:

Why is using the principles of supply and demand in the game a bad thing? Thats a very illogical statement for anyone who wants a rare item at a decent, uninflated price. If I see a Chronometric Particle going for 300000 EC, Im going to sell mine for 275000 to undercut their price, and hopefully increase competition. Price wars aren't a bad thing at all. It makes competition and trade increase. A healthy game ecosystem absolutely depends on trade!

One of the reasons that WoW is popular is that their trade system is very dynamic and has price wars going on all the time. Take a look if you don't believe me. I hate that game personally, but it does have a healthy economy.

If you have the supply and the will to undercut a price, it causes a net increase in competition and as such drives prices down for rare commodities. Not in the game sense of commodity (i.e. Weather Control, Astrometric probes, etc), but in an economic sense, which should be something people welcome as opposed to people being sketchy about it.

Just my two cents.

This is a great guide though. I wound up with over a million EC by the time I was a CDR 2 by farming anomalies, though I hadn't read it yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The problem is when they post below vendor pricing as this leads people to bid below them and miss out on ECs.

Example: Item = 968 ecs to vendor.

On Exchange item = 500 ecs

Without checking the vendor someone could post 499 ecs and miss out on 469 ecs!

ALWAYS check the vendors first!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ALWAYS check the vendors first!

Selling to a vendor at ESD will net you 50% of the value of any item. So if the lowest price on the Exchange for a given item is less than half its "sticker" price then it's not worth posting for sale. That doesn't mean people won't do it. It just means they're wasting their time.

Z
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Some people do it as a game.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Some people do it as a game.

Then buy it yourself and either repost it on the Exchange or sell it to a vendor. Either way you make money.

Z
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I do.

I just wanted to warn people not to blindly put things on the Exchange before checking with the vendors first.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    *sigh*

People still ask for credits in zone chat, buddies ask how to make credits, and people still post here asking for quick solutions to their credit issues.

Just read this damned post, will you?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i always get credits by selling shield arrays, deflector dishes and impulse engines when I can. i sold all of my old ships gear to grab some more credits and now have a load of credits :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Disposing of old ships dosen't supply EC, but the shields and deflectors defnetly do.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ooiue wrote: »
    i always get credits by selling shield arrays, deflector dishes and impulse engines when I can. i sold all of my old ships gear to grab some more credits and now have a load of credits :D

/added to OP
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    daqhegh wrote:
    /added to OP

got the I and the U wrong way round on your first post xD. dont worry your not the first :p
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    anazonda wrote: »
    Disposing of old ships dosen't supply EC.

yeah, i found out that out the hard way :/

sold my old Excelsior hoping it would bring about a shed load of credits......i was wrong...badly wrong :/
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I didn't say they were effective.

Only that they are claiming the attempts.

It is tedious after posting 20 Data Samples at the going price to have someone post 20 of the same at a credit lower.

I don't really have the time to deal with that "game."

That's why a lot of nice high level drops are going to the vendors instead of being posted to the exchange by me. I don't have time to deal with these "games."

lmao

That's not a 'game'
    That's called a free market.

All that means is that person is a few credits more motivated to sell then you are.
    If you can't sell anything because people are selling for less, then you're asking to much.
    You don't want to sell, you want to play a price fixing 'game'.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lmao

That's not a 'game'
    That's called a free market.

All that means is that person is a few credits more motivated to sell then you are.
    If you can't sell anything because people are selling for less, then you're asking to much.
    You don't want to sell, you want to play a price fixing 'game'.

Actually now I enjoy gouging them hard.

I get data samples for free so selling them for anything is a profit.

I now post 1000 or more lower so to actually sell the items rather than play the nickle dime game.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I posted a Chronometric Particle Trace in the exchange at the price of one million for giggles, and sold it.

I was like :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Actually now I enjoy gouging them hard.
    That's the spirit. Somebody pass me a fork ...i missed an eyeball. :D
    I posted a Chronometric Particle Trace in the exchange at the price of one million for giggles, and sold it.

I was like :eek:

Since currency is so easy to get and flows so freely, yeah that doesn't surprise me. I've sold BOffs for 19Mec. There are no less than 15 currencies; the STO economy is a joke.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Alrighty, I haven't been online in a while, so I thought I'd beat this dead horse a bit. Actually, I was reading about the fleet raider and whatnot, and I thought maybe it's time to remind people (especially n00bs) that there are honest ways to make bank without risking the account. Hopefully this thread will save the day, so to speak. But who knows--this infamous raider may just be a sock puppet. Let's hope not.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That's the spirit. Somebody pass me a fork ...i missed an eyeball. :D

Since currency is so easy to get and flows so freely, yeah that doesn't surprise me. I've sold BOffs for 19Mec. There are no less than 15 currencies; the STO economy is a joke.

Dsthal has stated in interviews he wants to simplify the currencies I hope he does.... I have so many different marks and badges... and no desire to fly around to different vendors to spend it on junk that I'll just auction or sell.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    *ignites the flame-thrower* Sorry, have to put it down. If you have new information that you'd like to discuss, please start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.