Install Arc
Options

Dstahl, when do you sleep?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    ...and WishStone should know. Puns and general word humor make up a huge stack of jokes in German.

I lived in Germany for 6 years. German word humor is painful, but not as week (see what I did there?) as Stormy's pun. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Pffft Dstahl is a Star Trek fan.....

We don't sleep.

Obviously he was able to transfer his being into his computer to do all his work in the blink of an eye >_> :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    nah he is an Android at the sametime a photonic just like Rommie from the TV series Andromeda Ascendant :p
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    ...and WishStone should know. Puns and general word humor make up a huge stack of jokes in German.

As a huge fan of Piers Anthony and his Xanth novels (where puns not only are abundant, they sometimes take up whole pages, heh), I probably would be a fan of those jokes. :)

That said, Stormy's pun was kind of... week. :groan:

(j/k Stormy!)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Now I just have an image of DStahl arguing with himself about (insert feature here)...
    Somehow that's degenerated in my head into a fist fight.

Android DStahl vs Hologram DStahl, who would win?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think Cryptic employees should get 1/2 pay for 2 years and work more hours so we can have more content!!

Who's with me????

:P

Seriously guys, for a small company you do a damn good job!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Rokesmith wrote: »

Wouldn't they just stalemate each other for eternity
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think hologram dstahl would eventually win. At some point Android dstahl will decay into mush and he'll wish he could transfer his brain into a hologram. Although, he could always rebuild himself.

I'll have to think about that one.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    dstahl wrote: »
    I think hologram dstahl would eventually win. At some point Android dstahl will decay into mush and he'll wish he could transfer his brain into a hologram. Although, he could always rebuild himself.

Hold on a minute, isn't it 2am over there right now? Are you pulling an all-nighter?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I read you burn 161 extra calories by doing an all-nighter.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Streakfury wrote: »
    I read you burn 161 extra calories by doing an all-nighter.

And so does she! Zing! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Unless the Devidians decide to return and degrade your holomatrix with triolic waves...

Then we'd see the forums being haunted by someone spamming bonnikins :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Think, R. Daneel Olivaw. Although not Star Trek, that android survived for tens of thousands of years, rebuilding himself, before his positronic brain ran out of space.

R. Daneel Olivaw is an android from several series of books by Isaac Asimov. He was first introduced in the book, I Robot. He was later in the Foundation series.

-Keppoch
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Here's a further wrinkle: Hologram DStahl could just reach inside the android and mess something vital up - but Android DStahl only has to mess up the mobile emitter. Maybe the fight wouldn't last that long after all, unless you agreed to fight like gentlemen.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Coffee?? :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He's gotta be careful, he can only do it a dozen times :D

:D oh ha ha... I never thought about it *that* way.... I just assumed his leftover borg implants needed recharging now and then.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The answer is obviously clear: when Chuck Norris was invited to the Cryptic offices to play STO for the first time he opened a inter-dimensional rift after he round-house kicked in ecstasy from the thrill and joy of playing such a great game. This dimensional rift created a gateway between our world and the mirror universe, hence allowing mirror dstahl and others to exchange places with our dimension's versions. When they do this is when our versions sleep; but this is also when angry dstahl pops up on the forums and posts his rants at the QQing 12 year olds.

The rift is now a continuous portal through the dimensions, and in honor of Chuck's impressive feat they created the Captain's Table design that we see near ESD and Qo'nos.

It all makes sense now, does it not?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hold on a minute, isn't it 2am over there right now? Are you pulling an all-nighter?

If you reach into the bag, you'll find dstahl's wallet: it's the one that says "bad *********er" on. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wouldnt the android dstal transfer his mind into another android body then blow up the ship to kill the hologram? seemed to work pretty well for data atleast...just sayin :p
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Are you on eastern time? Because it shows it as a 2am post for me as well and I'm eastern time. I think it marks all posts in your time zone. When it says 2am for me, it's actually 11 PM for Daniel.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    *offers to get some sleep on dstahl's behalf*

...just gone midnight so night all :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Android Dan could go break the holoemiter for holo Dan :p
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Mirror DStahl didn't get enough rest and was assassinated by Mirror Salami_Inferno for being tired and weak. Mirror STO now has a new EP. Don't let that happen in this universe! ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Why wouldn't the android just turn off the holoemitters?
    Are you on eastern time? Because it shows it as a 2am post for me as well and I'm eastern time. I think it marks all posts in your time zone. When it says 2am for me, it's actually 11 PM for Daniel.

Shows 2 am for me as well, Mountain Time, which is 1 for him. I'm pretty sure the times it displays for me are accurate.

Edit: 100% certain, now. The time for my post matches the time on all the clocks (except the VCR). Maybe you have your account set to Mountain Time?
    If you reach into the bag, you'll find dstahl's wallet: it's the one that says "bad *********er" on. :p

Did you watch Pulp Fiction recently or something?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Rokesmith wrote: »
    Now I just have an image of DStahl arguing with himself about (insert feature here)...
    Somehow that's degenerated in my head into a fist fight.

A holographic android trumps all.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

LOL - I have this image of everyone running into dstahl's office and no one is there, but a moment later his holograms appears saying.

"Please state the nature of your gaming emergency."
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You know, being a hologram certainly would have its advantages. Just think, the in-laws (or in Stahl's case, angry gamers) barge in and he just disappears for an hour or two.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Did you watch Pulp Fiction recently or something?

Too much coffee = non-sequitr comments.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Shows 2 am for me as well, Mountain Time, which is 1 for him. I'm pretty sure the times it displays for me are accurate.

Edit: 100% certain, now. The time for my post matches the time on all the clocks (except the VCR). Maybe you have your account set to Mountain Time?

I was wrong. It shows my posts at Pacific time. So Daniel was up at 2 am. He must not have been able to sleep or was pulling an all nighter.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I could have sworn that I asked for decaf in the drivethru last night. maybe they slipped me the black gold.

I still think that holo dstahl could last longer in the belly of some computer than android dstahl would over time.

much like how internet dstahl will still be around much after real dstahl is buried.