What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Memorial Service

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If it is even possible I'm sure Cryptic will do it. If it is not the chat system will broadcast across instances.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kraegan was a very awesome person and will be missed dearly. Please allow this as he was a wonderful person who deserves all we can do for him since his passing.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kraegan, you shall be miss, i wont be able to see your 0 and 1's on my screen ever again. If i wasnt so much of a fail i would probably be damning god to have taken you away from us.

I hope you people at cryptic will allow us all people that wish to attend his ingame funeral be made possible, however your able to do that, for your community and your country honor.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    He will indeed be missed, as mentioned above he has been a large part of the STO community and despite not knowing him personally or even being in the same fleet I have on occasion played with him and in my early days here he was a great help to me. It saddens me that he has gone and I did not even know it.

May your soul fly on, past that second star to the right, and continue... way past morning
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    /signed

This is a great idea, I hope they put it in the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I didn't know the guy personally, but as a member of Starfleet its only right! He was obviously a hero n life, let us give him a Hero's sending!!

Wanna make STO more TREK...?

Let us honor one of our fallen!!

On behalf of Proteus Fleet I /sign this!!

Sevryn
    Proteus STF Master
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    A toast to a fellow veteran, and well wishes on his journey into the final frontier.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    /signed

Perhaps there can be a planet named for him? :D

I won't be able to attend most likely, but I look forward to any videos made. I've heard good things about this guy and wish his family and fleet well in the days to come.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kraegan will be missed alot...he helped me out in some areas of the game and I'm not even a member of his fleet. Each one of my avatars stands and salutes you.....you were what starfleet is about and a credit to the STO Universe.

P.S. I propose a monument be erected in holodeck on Risa....this commemorating a great person who loved STO and showed some of it's best qualites.

Thanks

_Tanagra:
    Buggy
    Ezri
    Munkey Wrench
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    LeoClark wrote:
    I am coming here to ask Cryptic to allow the fleet of Synergy to hold an in game memorial services for Kraegan that has acted the Diplomacy CO in the fleet. He is well known in the community of sto and we are wanting to hold the services on Vulcan at the Spire. This is to allow all the allies and friendly fleets of Synergy to get together and celebrate the life of a friend that has passed away. We are looking to do this on a Friday next week and would like to have Cryptic remove an instance cap there for us all to be on the same instance. I am hoping that the devs and the higher ups would allow this due to the fact he loved this game and was doing stuff joint fleet wise to continue interest in the game. Please let us do this in memory of a friend, mentor, and fleet mate that has been respected by a great deal of people in the community. If there is a question please contact me at LeoClark or any other Synergy member for this. Thank you

I agree and would be indebted to the developers should they acquiesce to this humble request so that we may pay the respect due this very missed player and friend.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Godspeed, Kraegan.

/signed
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I hope Cryptic takes this matter for the face value it has and responds. This is a community asking permission to come together, across fleets and remember one of their own. Please Cryptic make this happen.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    please allow larger instances

/signed
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I personally did not know Kraegan, but I think this would be a great thing for Cryptic to allow. I say this not only as a member of 12th Fleet, but as a US Army Veteran myself. I think that would show not only great respect toward a fellow Veteran, but toward someone who was greatly respected in the community.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    /Signed Cryptic I hope you can get everything set up
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I also did not know this player, but Cryptic should do the right thing and allow this request.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cryptic,

I have watched this thread grow with immense support since it was posted, from numerous amounts of fleets, and also membership. Please take the time to honor one of your own members, who, if I was not mistaken was a lifetime member who has been a supporter of this game since it was in Alpha Test Mode, and also who was a US Army Veteran, a Major. The people who play this game speak for this game. Please allow us to all come together for a moment of memory to the person who we loved dearly and held close to our hearts.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hi folks,

First off, let me say that I'm very sorry to hear we lost Kraegan. He will be missed, and the universe will be a darker place without him.

Unfortunately, we can't fulfill either of the requests you're making. When we lost Vox we also had similar requests, and were unable to fulfill them as well.

It's not possible for us to increase the instance cap to a large enough capacity for this type of event without a significant loss of performance and stability. We also do not have a system set up to provide for permanent memorials, and doing so would take a significant amount of Dev time.

Again, I'm very sorry for everyone's loss. I'll miss seeing Kraegan's occasional post on the forums.

Thank you for understanding,

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    Hi folks,

First off, let me say that I'm very sorry to hear we lost Kraegan. He will be missed, and the universe will be a darker place without him.

Unfortunately, we can't fulfill either of the requests you're making. When we lost Vox we also had similar requests, and were unable to fulfill them as well.

It's not possible for us to increase the instance cap to a large enough capacity for this type of event without a significant loss of performance and stability. We also do not have a system set up to provide for permanent memorials, and doing so would take a significant amount of Dev time.

Again, I'm very sorry for everyone's loss. I'll miss seeing Kraegan's occasional post on the forums.

Stormshade

Might I suggest that a future official mission in the game involve a funeral/memorial service...
    Then these assets can be made available for UGC, so that when UGC goes live, players can create special memorial service missions to properly pay our respects to those who the community has lost.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    /signed

I support this request and I hope Cryptic will grant it.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I want to thank everyone that has posted here about this. I hope the support continues for it and I do understand the concerns about doing it on holodeck so I would like to try on Tribble if possible. Thank you again and the support has been great continue to do so.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    Hi folks,

Stormshade

I have said it before, and will continue saying it - Cryptic is one of the better companies when it comes to responding to the community. Whether the answer is "yea" or "nay," I think Cryptic does a great job of responding to items of this nature.

It's regrettable the functionality isn't there, but the swift response is appreciated. I'm sure the fine folks at Synergy will figure a suitable alternative out.

To Synergy- I salute your efforts on behalf of your fallen comrade. It shows off the best of what this community is about.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    LeoClark wrote:
    I want to thank everyone that has posted here about this. I hope the support continues for it and I do understand the concerns about doing it on holodeck so I would like to try on Tribble if possible. Thank you again and the support has been great continue to do so.

I'm sorry LeoClark, but the problems I mentioned before would be even bigger on Tribble as that is a smaller server.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    I'm sorry LeoClark, but the problems I mentioned before would be even bigger on Tribble as that is a smaller server.

Thanks,

Stormshade

How much money would it cost to allow you guys to do this?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How much money would it cost to allow you guys to do this?

To create a new, dedicated server and updating the clients of all our players to give them the option to access it on extremely short notice?

I'd say several grand (new hardware for the new server, overtime for whoever's updating the client and new hardware, etc). If it's at all possible, again, due to time constraints.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hey all, just wanted to say I do not know Kraegan but Im sure he would be touched by you all wanting to honor him in this way. In the past I have seen such memorials even after the fact and they are quite moving. Just remember despite what happens with cryptic what matters is how YOU honor his memory. No big ceremony is needed, you already have to most important thing, your memories of a dear friend.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    /Signed

Kraegan was a great guy and I will miss him, unfortunately I will not be able to attend the ceremony due to work. My heart goes out to his family and to Synergy. May he rest in piece
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    SSR Did an amazing broadcast in tribute to Kraegan. I cried... and I'm not a crying person...
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Though I did not personally have the privilege of knowing Kraegan, I remember him for his insightful posts here on the Forums, and he was always among the names of those that were known around the server for their helpfulness and positive spirit in the game.

On behalf of the CAC, its Members, and its Command Staff, I offer our heartfelt condolences and prayers,
    -Big Red