test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give Sulu the enterprise F!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
The grapevine has revealed that Bret Spinner will not lend his image to STO. He requires 100,000 USD for Cryptic to do the deed. That is in no way doable. Twice the salary of some of the developers for permission to create a NPC that kind of looks like Data that will probably not be used all that much? That is a pass.

So, I have a counter proposal for the identity of the Enterprise F. Have Data’s Enterprise get mauled and kill off or decommission Data. Have him go hang with old man Picard or something. They had a really good bro-mance going.

Then, Give Sulu the necessary field promotion and grant him the command of the Enterprise F. Further more, Have Dan do the voice for Sulu. Lastly, turn his command into a kind of mini game with every addition of content. Put the Enterprise F someplace in the new content emulating the activities of all of the Enterprises as they are portrayed in the franchise… being at the forefront of exploration and conflict. Then hold a contest for people to find him first with C Store something or other as the prize. It can be called “Where’s Sulu?”

I’m not kidding with this. I think it would be WAY cool and fun as heck!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ayenn wrote:
    The grapevine has revealed that Bret Spinner will not lend his image to STO.

And the source is...?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ayenn wrote:
    The grapevine has revealed that Bret Spinner will not lend his image to STO. He requires 100,000 USD for Cryptic to do the deed.

Is he still ****ed at being typecast as Data for the rest of his life?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Roach wrote: »
    Is he still ****ed at being typecast as Data for the rest of his life?

I thought he was really good in Independence Day :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Maybe he'll try that retirement bit with his skunk hair we saw in All Good Things. :P

(yes, yes, I know, alternate future, blah blah blah still based on some reality)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And the source is...?

Hello, Grapevine... In other words, possable rumor. Rumor is not necessarily a bad thing. It opens a door for discussion of alternatives, Negative Nagus. There is this thing called fun. You may have heard of it?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    No.

Sulu's first, best destiny was always to be hiding in plain sight in Admiral Quinn's office, so that people can wonder where he is.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ayenn wrote:
    Hello, Grapevine... In other words, possable rumor. Rumor is not necessarily a bad thing. It opens a door for discussion of alternatives, Negative Nagus. There is this thing called fun. You may have heard of it?

I know what the word means. But you must have read this rumor somewhere unless you started it yourself. That being the case, I'm asking WHERE you read it. Link please.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I know what the word means. But you must have read this rumor somewhere unless you started it yourself. That being the case, I'm asking WHERE you read it. Link please.

here let me get a link for word of mouth! Oh, wait, you cant actually hyper link that. Well targ poo.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i guess this is the "no spoilers" thread.

p.s. he's undine :eek:

p.p.s. the one you save is a founder :(
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ayenn wrote:
    here let me get a link for word of mouth! Oh, wait, you cant actually hyper link that. Well targ poo.

Word of mouth? People are going around talking about whether Spinner will do VOs in STO in RL? LOL!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ayenn wrote:

Link it and/or picture or it never happened. Word of mouth is not a verifiable source. So, basically what you are saying is that this entire thread is based on a rumor that may or may not even exist or that you simply made up.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

He's an excellent actor that is instantly recognized as Data by alot of people.
    Such a drawback to being typecast (and good at a character portrayl) has led many actors to hate being so good at such that it follows them for thier entire career.
    I wondered if he was such an actor.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    LOL, you heard this through word of mouth? People are going around talking about whether Spinner will do VOs in STO in RL? LOL!

You don't know who I know. Back off N.N., the STO forums don't revolver around you ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The grapevine has revealed that Chase Masterson will be suing Crytpic to remove her voicework from STO as she feels she was underpaid and should have gotten 100,000 USD. Discuss how to creatively resolve this.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Sulu's first, best destiny was always to be hiding in plain sight in Admiral Quinn's office, so that people can wonder where he is.

Now this. This is funny.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Synther wrote: »
    Link it and/or picture or it never happened. Word of mouth is not a verifiable source. So, basically what you are saying is that this entire thread is based on a rumor that may or may not even exist or that you simply made up.

One thing is for certain; if people are talking about this in RL, then their also talking about it online. So there should be some online source to this rumor, unless the OP simply made it up himself.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    give it to wildman... give K-7 to Icheb.. give the spot in the bar where Icheb was to the Lietenaunt with a name who does nothing... and put a redshirt where the lietenaunt with a name who says nothing does nothing.

Failing that give it to a new guy who we dont know... and if we all hate the enterprise F design... let the undine blow it up and walaaa start a Design the Enterprise G design contest... simples aye.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ayenn wrote:
    You don't know who I know. Back off N.N., the STO forums don't revolver around you ;)

LOL! Asking someone for the source of their rumor is not "negative". Defensive much? :o
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    LOL! Asking someone for the source of their rumor is not "negative". Defensive much? :o

Well, at least he didn't make his completely unverifiable claim and then counter your request for a source with, "look it up." People make ridiculous claims on the interwebz all the time and the burdon of proving that is actually on the person making the claim, not the people looking at their ridiculous statement.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Synther wrote: »
    Well, at least he didn't make his completely unverifiable claim and then counter your request for a source with, "look it up." People make ridiculous claims on the interwebz all the time and the burdon of proving that is actually on the person making the claim, not the people looking at their ridiculous statement.

did you invent the wheel ? :O
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    No.

Not true, he used his personal cloaking device to hide himself to wind up some players.

Now people look like fools just because sulu had some fun with them.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Oh yes, of course if you read the book the character is so much cooler. :D Well, as cool as the M.I.T type can get.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I like OP's idea a whole lot. It'd actually give me a reason to play.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Actually... In ESD zone chat last night there was a discussion going on about the "rumor" of Data VO not being in STO and the actor wanting a substantial amount of money. Rumors are rumors I can't link you anything to prove one way or another.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well I heard a rumor that this rumor is wrong and that he IS going to do a voiceover for the game :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It was me. I gave Ayenn the info.

You see. Daniel Stahl's great grandson is Executive Producer of STO in 2105 (version 17.2) and he timetraveled back to tell me that they failed to negotiate a retro-active contract with Brent-Spiners-Head-In-A-Bell-Jar for the rights to Data's likeness.

Why me, you might ask? Well he also warned me that I would be assasinated after being proclaimed the 1st Emperor of Mars in 2075 after the Revolution, and that I shouldn't drink the Inaugural Koolaid.

Or Ayenn made it up. One of those.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Regardless if it's true or not and we may never know. The idea Ayenn has suggested wouldn't be a bad idea. It would be kinda fun to track him down and this would be a non combat approach. lol unless we wanted to kill sulu... any who. To be honest I don't care if tribble of borg is captain of the Enterprise F. Doesn't affect my actions in the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Nope. Not at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ayenn wrote:
    Nope. Not at all.

Apparently you are, as you felt the need to attack the person who questioned you.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    grapes are tasty.

end of the day i was unsure if brent would do it or if they could afford him.

now im left still being unsure if brent would do it or if they could afford him.

so as nothings changed i still hope brent will do it and they can afford him.
This discussion has been closed.