What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fatal Error in Khitomer Accords

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2011 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This has to be the worst bug I ever came across in KA so far:

KA - SNAFU

For some reason, defeat Donatra's Minions would not complete.

So we started examining the room to find out why and discovered that.

A completely untargetable Borg.

This single bug just eliminated all of our hard work, because obviously, we were nearly at the end of the STF.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I can't view the link due to where i am. Can you describe it?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We're looking at a Romulan Borg in an alcove.

She's completely untargetable.

Our Engineer is attempting to use an AOE attack to kill her.

I had just tried to melee her to death.

But because we cannot hit her in any way, directly or indirectly, the mission is effectively frozen.

We need to kill her to finish the ground stage, but because she's invulnerable, we cannot.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Only thing I can offer suggestion wise would be to somehow wipe if there is any borg around. Hopefully a complete team wipe and respawn will reset that last room and you can reclear it fully including that one.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We had a similar Problem yesterday...
    The Room was cleared but the Quest Log did not update and the map showed some Targets moving around (supposedly the drones we would have to kill to proceed) but they seemed to be somewhere between rooms... in the wall or something, we saw the red dots on the map but were completely unable to spot the Drones or target them.
    We tried to lget killed by some other roaming drones in the upper levels, hoped for a reset which did not happen... then we beamed out... and after hitting continue in sector space we would basically have had to start all over again...
    At least with the part in the past...

Kithomer is nothing to be done in half an hour, so a grave bug just before the end is very annoying...
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Why not run back down the last big room which should still have tons of borg in it from destroying nodes and all? It should respawn you in the same hallway and act as the last point of the mission?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We killed ourselves a lot looking for mystery mobs before we discovered the rogue unkillable.

None of that made any difference.

When we'd had enough, we beamed up and then tried to pick up where we left off.

Unsurprisingly, the entire instance had reset to just after the timegate crossing.

We killed the space borg, went back to ground and after some cursing when we realized we'd have to do the entire ground section again, we quit.

To be so close to the end like this and stymied by a bug very near to the end is incredibly annoying.

To be blunt, I'm not going to do all that work again myself to do a GM's job.

Let him get on a computer and enter the keystrokes that will force complete the mission for each player in that run!

Honestly, when my future toons do this mission in future, they'll get the accolade for the sci borg, then at the slightest hint of a bug or trouble that cannot be rectified easily, I'll quit.
    If it wasn't for that Borg Sci, I wouldn't even go to so much trouble.

The shield isn't worth that much to me to put up with all this malarkey.

It's even more inconvient when me and another player are doing this to help out 3 players who have not been here before, we gain nothing from doing this, although the other guy was doing it to get the shield.

And yes, I think I saw that "mystery mob" myself, just before we quit the ground in hopes of a reset.

There was a bunch of red dots floating about off the map somewhere behind the wall.