test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game completly unresponsive/unplayable!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I wanted to test the Borg/Aegis parts today, so I jumped onto tribble to do so... but the game started lagging horribly after like 1 minute logged in... after the lag started it got worse every second until the game was completly unresponsive. I tried to relog, restart my PC, changed my IP, nothing helped. So I jumped on the normal server to do some missions instead... same problem there!

Wenn monitoring the game with "/netgraph 1" everything is find first. Right when the lag starts the Ping skyrockets from like 200 to 5000+ and the Recv Packets goes through the roof from some few 100 to over 1 million!

I would really like to get this issue removed ASAP... it exists since beta from time to time and is really a completly gamebreaker :mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    have you asked for your ISP to check your line, sometimes there are issues on thier end that affect the gen connection.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    have you asked for your ISP to check your line, sometimes there are issues on thier end that affect the gen connection.

My line is perfectly fine. Every other online game works like a charm, only STO has hell of problems... Here some tests i run:

speedtest.png
    ping.png

This problem is still present as today by the way. The game works fine for like 30min and than it seems to corrupt in some way and enters the loop of lag...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    /netgraph 1 in-game to see your network connectivity to the game servers. Intermittement or constant red spikes indicate a network connection problem to the server. The speed test results are only marginally useful as those servers are not located where the game servers are.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    First: The problem still exists! Nothing changed... The game works fine for 20-30min than it gets somehow corrupted and unplayable... Restarting my PC, changing IP, ... doesn't help. Only thing that "helps" is to wait for some hours, than the game works for 30min again before it gets broken again.
    devast8tor wrote: »
    /netgraph 1 in-game to see your network connectivity to the game servers. Intermittement or constant red spikes indicate a network connection problem to the server. The speed test results are only marginally useful as those servers are not located where the game servers are.

"/netgraph 1" yields following results as stated in my 1st post:

Wenn monitoring the game with "/netgraph 1" everything is fine first. Right when the lag starts the Ping skyrockets from like 200 to 5000+ and the Recv Packets goes through the roof from some few 100 to over 1 million!

No red spikes at all.

As adviced in another thread I ran the tool from http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
    Here the results:

http://www.game-gate.de/pics/nettest.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Based on what you've described, it sounds like your system may be suffering from an overheating issue. Have you checked your case and CPU temps while playing? Monitor the temps of your CPU and video card to look for potential issues. You may need to move your system or make some cooling changes to keep your system stable. STO is particularly hard on video cards.