test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enterprise-E Demise..(or how do you think they should retire the Ent-E?)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Ten Forward
So they say the Enterprise F contest ends in april which gives us time for what? two more sets of weekly missions and the arrival of season 4.

So what happens to the Ent-E, Quietly retiring her would be a bit of a downer and I'm sure all of us would love to see her go out in the proverbial blaze of glory.

Personally I'd like to see it happen in a weekly mission set, where you work with the E and her crew and participate in battle that causes her destruction.

How do you see the Ent-E going out?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think one of the load screens in STO says something about it already gone MIA in some nebula investigating Undine signals. I think Cryptic want to leave that bit of Trek history vague for now so as to let authors and others flesh out the story.

I think it would be neat to do a surprise reappearance thing where it comes back out of nowhere and saves the F and gives a warning about some coming doom thus allowing the F to save the galaxy once again. Maybe the E could then sacrifice itself to let the F get away in time.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    that...would be totally cool.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Krent wrote: »
    I think one of the load screens in STO says something about it already gone MIA in some nebula investigating Undine signals. I think Cryptic want to leave that bit of Trek history vague for now so as to let authors and others flesh out the story.

I think it would be neat to do a surprise reappearance thing where it comes back out of nowhere and saves the F and gives a warning about some coming doom thus allowing the F to save the galaxy once again. Maybe the E could then sacrifice itself to let the F get away in time.
    Similar in the way the Ent-D repairs the Ent-C?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    samanth0r wrote: »
    So they say the Enterprise F contest ends in april which gives us time for what? two more sets of weekly missions and the arrival of season 4.

So what happens to the Ent-E, Quietly retiring her would be a bit of a downer and I'm sure all of us would love to see her go out in the proverbial blaze of glory.

Personally I'd like to see it happen in a weekly mission set, where you work with the E and her crew and participate in battle that causes her destruction.

I agree with this idea. Especially since the Sovereign class is still in service. It would be great to be teamed up wtih the E on a mission when it goes done. Maybe we get to save here crew. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    panchoUSN wrote:
    I agree with this idea. Especially since the Sovereign class is still in service. It would be great to be teamed up wtih the E on a mission when it goes done. Maybe we get to save here crew. :)

But you are forgetting the most important part. We will be able to annoy Captain Data.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    What ever causes the demise of the E, should be in some way linked to the end of at least one of the wars in this game. Ending the story of one enterprise should have some meaning and what better meaning then tying up some of the more violent loose ends in the game's story?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Data: "Deana take the helm"
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ertwin wrote: »
    Data: "Deana take the helm"

But she is on the USS Titan.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    samanth0r wrote: »

Well seeing that I don't want Data to die again :p I wouldn't want the Enterprise-E and all of her crew to die.

...but I can totally see a weekly series about trying to track the E down....perhaps finding it derilict, investigating about the crews dissapearance and finding most (hell some red shirts had to have died ;) ) of the crew trapped/imprissioned on a nearbye planet that it under control of some alien race.

-You are correct, it was on a load screen, and the last entry on The Path to 2409.

Out of nowhere thing is tad random though, unless there is a story that slowly hints that the Enterprise E will show....still. I think the E would look better moth-balled then debris :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You are wrong, this is from the path to 2409, set on the year 2408:
    After Starfleet loses contact with Starbase 236 in late September, it sends the U.S.S. Enterprise-E to investigate.
    "This could be related to the war. It could be something else. It could be a simple equipment failure," Brex says. "Our primary concern is the safety of the starbase crew."

So, the Enterprise was send to investigate a Starbase, and we don’t knew nothing more about it because the path to 2409 ends there, so, for all we knew the Enterprise found the base safe and end story.

Many people hate Star Trek Nemesis just because they kill Data, I don’t think cryptic its going to do the same mistake. In mi opinion, they should said that the Enterprise E its going to a museum (she is 40 years old for god sake), and Data its going to be promote to Admiral and in charge of a remote base that we are never going to vist and bla bla bla.. there you go, you make TNG fand happie, and you have a new Enterprise with a new commander in charge.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This is how I would like to see it destroyed, if they are going to destroy it.

The starbase was under attack by Klingons. The Enterprise arrives and fights off the attack but takes heavy damage. This could either be an episode series, or a STF mission. The Enterprise sends out a distress call to any ships in the area. Your ship and several other Starfleet ships respond to the distress call (and since this is such a momentus occasion, there could even be some Romulan and Cardassian ships respond to the distress call as well, might make it interesting). One of the Klingon ships is disabled and drifting in space. After boarding the Klingon ship and fighting off the surviving Klingons, you find detailed plans in the ship's computer about a massive invasion of Federation space culminating with an attack on the Federation core worlds. A plan is put into action to stop the invasion fleet before it can leave space dock (if the Romulans and Cardassians are included, it would be mutually beneficial to them to help stop the invasion fleet). Each episode would focus on a different part of the operation. The first part of the operation could be one where you use the captured Klingon ship to sneak behind enemy lines and wreak havoc on a Klingon supply convoy determined to be carrying supplies to the invasion fleet. These operations would culminate with a battle in space to intercept and destroy the invasion fleet. Here is how I envision the Enterprise being destroyed or otherwise. After the battle, the Enterprise is heavily damaged and drifting in space. I see this going four possible ways.

1. The crew is rescued, but the Enterprise can't be salvaged before Klingon re-enforcements arrive, and Federation re-enforcements won't get there in time. The Enterprise self-destruct is offline, so you have to scuttle the Enterprise with your ships weapons.

2. The same scenario, except friendly re-enforcements are minutes away and you have to defend the Enterprise until they arrive. Once they arrive, the Enterprise tells you that they have been boarded by Klingons and is requesting assistance defending her. You board the Enterprise with your away team and fight off the Klingon boarders, culminating with a fight to secure the bridge. Once the boarding parties have been eliminated, the mission is over and the fleet is able to successfully tow the Enterprise back to the nearest starbase and the decision is made by Starfleet to decommission the Enterprise-E and it is used as a museum ship that you can re-visit.

3. Since a weekly episode series would have to be available to the Klingon players too, they would have a different set of missions for their episodes. Their missoins should focus on fighting off the Romulans or the Cardassians (preferrably the Romulans). The last mission would be your ship is a part of the re-enforcements after the invasion fleet is destroyed. You could arrrive and, after destroying the Federation fleet, you would be tasked with destroying the Enterprise so the Federation could not salvage her.

4. Same as above, but instead of destroying the Enterprise, you have to board and capture the Enterprise. After fighting off waves of Federation defenders and defending the bridge from Federation re-enforcements, you capture the Enterprise and it is towed back to Klingon space for study and to be put on display as a war trophy that you can re-visit.

I'm sure there are better ideas out there than this, but I just thought I would throw it out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    19Delta30 wrote:

The starbase was under attack by Klingons.

Ok, you looks like didn’t understand me or you not even reed me.
    The Enterprise goes to investigate that starbase 2 years ago in game.. that was on the 2408 and the time in the game its 2410.
    For all we knew, the Enterprise arrive to that Starbase and found that they only have a communication problem, so that line of argument its close, unless we made a time travel.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I say we destroy it during the first battle of the "Long War" againts the Undine/Species 8472
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    But she is on the USS Titan.

They could always bring her back, Worf-style ;)

I'd love to see the E go out in a blaze, but part of me would also think it would be kinda neat if it became one of the very few starship Enterprises to be mothballed.

It would be boldly going where very few Enterprises have been before.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I thought the E was infiltrated and stolen by a group of pakleds which now claim it as their flagship?
    :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Ent E deserves to stay intact. She is the prettiest one yet, and at least the last 2 Enterprises have been destroyed. I like the idea suggested about making her a museum that players could visit in game.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think the "F" will warp back to that space station where the "E" was sent, after everything there was discovered to be fine, and Captain Eugene Checkov is all, "Captain Data, we've come with an important message from the future!"
    And Data is all "What? Does something happen to me?"
    And the newer captain is all "No, you're fine. ITS YOUR KIDS."
    Then Data is all "Great scott!" and they all go through a temporal wormhole back to the future.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think the "F" will warp back to that space station where the "E" was sent, after everything there was discovered to be fine, and Captain Eugene Checkov is all, "Captain Data, we've come with an important message from the future!"
    And Data is all "What? Does something happen to me?"
    And the newer captain is all "No, you're fine. ITS YOUR KIDS."
    Then Data is all "Great scott!" and they all go through a temporal wormhole back to the future.

/facepalm

just.. ugh

/double facepalm

/shakes head
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    19Delta30 wrote:
    Interesting. If done right, having the player destroy the Enterprise could be a very emotionally compelling moment of gameplay. Of course, you'd probably get some segment of the playerbase whining about how it's yet another desecration of the canon by Cryptic... :rolleyes: (though really, there's literally nothing they can do that won't somehow **** someone off here)

I say we destroy it during the first battle of the "Long War" againts the Undine/Species 8472
    Nah, the last mission with the Undine implied the Federation and them were coming to, if not a truce, at least some kind of cease-fire. A full-blown war or further escalation of hostilities seems unlikely at this point.

Mav750k wrote: »
    The Ent E deserves to stay intact. She is the prettiest one yet, and at least the last 2 Enterprises have been destroyed. I like the idea suggested about making her a museum that players could visit in game.
    Well, the original got blown up, the A was mothballed, the B is unknown, the C and D got blown up... I suppose the E being mothballed would be a bit of a change of pace, as it were.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Allerka wrote: »
    Nah, the last mission with the Undine implied the Federation and them were coming to, if not a truce, at least some kind of cease-fire. A full-blown war or further escalation of hostilities seems unlikely at this point.

Somehow I doubt that... The Federation/Klingons attack a Undine colony which just so happens to be the same colony hiding the gate.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The A was mothballed, what do yall mean? I know the NX-01 is a museum on earth, the original 1701 kirk self distructed, the A im not sure, the B no one knows, the C was destroyed by romulans, the D by klingons, and the E we will find out in the coming months.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it would hurt my mind, body and soul to watch a Sovereign die. Including the random ones in game.

I always considered (despite the repair and refit scene at the end) that the Enterprise E's final battle was ramming itself in the craw of the Scimitar. I mean, let's face it. Most of the ship was gone. Beyond that, with nearly none of the original crew aside from Data it really wouldn't be the E's last stand, just a former flagship, kinda hollow I mean. Add to that Data already died once, why kill him again?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it would hurt my mind, body and soul to watch a Sovereign die. Including the random ones in game.

I always considered (despite the repair and refit scene at the end) that the Enterprise E's final battle was ramming itself in the craw of the Scimitar. I mean, let's face it. Most of the ship was gone. Beyond that, with nearly none of the original crew aside from Data it really wouldn't be the E's last stand, just a former flagship, kinda hollow I mean. Add to that Data already died once, why kill him again?

Don't forget Captain Data, Ambassador Picard and General Worf were attacked the Narada too after that refit.

If the Narada couldn't destroy the Enterprise E, then I find it silly to have the E destroyed.

To be honest, I'm still 100% against it's death....I would rather see it mothballed.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay, so how about the E stumbles upon a rift that is pulling stuff very slowly from an alternate dimension. A disabled Federation ship comes out, and the E and it collaborate, and they discover that if the rift is left alone, both dimensions will be destroyed or something very soon. The E tractors the disabled ship, and drags her to the other dimension,(Replacing the lost matter on that side) and plugs it up from the other side. They end up living the rest of their lives in the alternate Federation. The End.

That's the best I can do.:o
    It might be better edited in some way.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Somehow I doubt that... The Federation/Klingons attack a Undine colony which just so happens to be the same colony hiding the gate.
    I dunno about the Klingons, but the Federation was trying to send a peace envoy, not attack them. And they destroyed the Iconian gate, along with Celestara Mex making some comments that the destruction of the gate would be a strong show of goodwill, as well as helping the Undine to understand it wasn't the Federation or the Klingon Empire that invaded their realm to start.

Uneasybbj wrote: »
    The A was mothballed, what do yall mean? I know the NX-01 is a museum on earth, the original 1701 kirk self distructed, the A im not sure, the B no one knows, the C was destroyed by romulans, the D by klingons, and the E we will find out in the coming months.
    Well, the A was getting decommissioned at the end of ST VI, and it seems unlikely it got ambushed or destroyed on their way back to Earth, so...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm all for the blaze of glory. Maybe she is heavily damaged and the crew evacuates but Data stays behind and sets her on a collision course with the enemy flagship, then you must beam him off in the nick of time.

The destruction of this flagship turns the course of the battle and helps ends a long standing conflict with the chosen enemy faction.

I still think Jm'pok in an undine infiltrator, he is way too nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I still think Jm'pok is an undine infiltrator, he is way too nice.
    Agreed .
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Allerka wrote: »

According to the book it's actually going to get a hell of a lot worse. The destruction of the Enterprise could be the Federations own 'Pearl harbour'.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Undine War stuff actually confuses me a bit, since there was a whole bit in the book about Data being brought back almost specifically to combat the Undine, his mind being needed to calculate the way to close their portals or something. But if that's the case, wouldn't that mean the main part of the Undine war was before the destruction of Romulus?

Anyway, I'm actually more in favor of moth-balling the E than destroying it. That said, there isn't anything saying we can't help defend it as it gets blown the TRIBBLE apart first - it can take a heck of a lot of punishment and still come out intact.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ravenstein wrote: »
    But you are forgetting the most important part. We will be able to annoy Captain Data.[/QUOTE

Of course! I completely forgot about that benefit! ;)