test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

which captain is your captain!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Ten Forward
I'm curious as to what captain would be your favorite ( not just Kirk or picard ) but of all the captains out there which one is the KING of all the captains. We run into a lot of people in this game but I wanna see some more captains. I'll start

I'm a picard guy myself. I grew up with TNG and of course he has that cool MAN VOICE!

What do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My favorite is Darth Malgus. Oops! Sorry. Wrong game. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sisko

/10chars
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kirk all the way
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm TRIBBLE so it's Janeway LOL. I mean she is the best captain ever and so when I'm playing and sometimes I really get into the game, I can see my captain like her. Being always fair, courageous and never ever losing her ethics.

This is why I'd love to see some possibility of peace resolutions in STO...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Picard all the way although ive found myself liking sisko more and more.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sisko

/thread
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm torn between Kirk, Janeway, and Garret. To me, Kirk and Janeway have a lot of similarites and a ton of differences at the same time. I fell in love with the Enterprie-C and her crew first time I watched Yesterday's Enterprise.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ching Shih. Hard to beat a contender like her.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Martok from DS9, wasnt captain for long but a true warrior nevertheless
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sisko. He punched Q. Debate over.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'd probably go with Sisko or Riker, just because they both seem likely to keep the crew alive and deeply regret it if anyone under their command dies.

Kirk's cool to watch but way too comfortable with people he doesn't know dying. Picard seems like he'd be a pain and lecture you every third step... and he has that whole action hero/scientist split personality thing going. Janeway, well... I don't think I agreed once with a moral decision she made and her principles came before her crew, unless you count alternate future Janeway who only had a change of heart once half her crew was dead and Tuvok went crazy.

You go in with Riker or Sisko, you're coming out alive... Or at the very least they'll remember you the next episode.

Though between the two, as a single guy, I'd rather have Sisko as my captain just because I have a feeling Riker would claim the whole dating pool for himself.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

One more thing that makes me choose Sisko over Riker. Riker became a Q and turned his back on it because he had a bad first day on the job. Sisko punched Q and embraced the power/position that was given to him.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hm. Y'Know, was anybody else kinda creeped out by how Riker stayed on the Enterprise, waiting to take command of it? Was he waiting for Picard to die? Heck, more than once he gave Picard very pointed warnings about how some accident could happen.

It's so funny because if Mirror Picard commands a starship, I can very easily envision Mirror Riker's relationship with him. One of the books had a funny bit where Mirror Riker goaded Wesley into trying to kill Picard. But I can just picture Mirror Riker (who I can only imagine is usually clean-shaven) telling Picard, "Be careful on that away mission. It would be a shame if something happened." And then he's just constantly confiding in Deanna how frustrated he is that Picard just won't die, never suspecting that she's tipping Picard off to his plans because he's her mother's lover or something. (And of course, MU Picard doesn't like Luxanna any more than regular Picard but he won't pass up having an empath in his back pocket.)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Federation: Still James T. Kirk (With Christopher Pike a close second.)
    Klingon: Kang followed by Kor
    Romulan: Unnamed one from Balance of Terror
    Cardassian: None (they all blew);)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Armsman wrote: »
    Federation: Still James T. Kirk (With Christopher Pike a close second.)
    Klingon: Kang followed by Kor
    Romulan: Unnamed one from Balance of Terror
    Cardassian: None (they all blew);)

Dukat was awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    For me it's a toss-up between Benjamin Sisko, Martok, or Katherine Janeway.

It really depends on what the precise mission calls for.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dukat was awesome!

Dukat was awesome but not in a 'i really trust that guy to get me, the ship and the crew home safely' kind of way.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Although its a close one between Sisko and Picard, Sisko gets my vote.

Archer - Incompetent and Arrogant (show gets better but seriously first 1-2 seasons..ugh)
    Kurk - Never really felt like a captain to me, top gun fighter jock maybe but captain no (too much "James Bond" effect)
    Janeway - Really inconsistent character, never really knew who Janeway was trying to be (that and the justifying everything while trying to portray a moral high ground etc. etc.)

I thought that sisko and picard both felt like both real commanders and real people. I respected both characters and for various reasons I didn't have that same sense with the other major ones. Sisko wins out only because I preferred his style over Picard.

That and punching Q and becoming a NonCorporeal god to an entire race definitely helped. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I would have to pick Janeway as my favorite Captain.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Archer and Picard
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Picard, full stop.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tom Riker! If you're got to go burn out fast, that's how you go man.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    John Harriman no doubt lol - he's probably still waiting for tuesday to come.

Seriously though - Picard has always been my number one, with Sisko a close second
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sisco he was a real person who crossed lines knowingly hating it but knowing he could do it and would do it.

I just like the whole of DS9 for showing that less perfect world of star trek and Sisco showed that so well in such a human way that I really like him for that and I try to be that aswell.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If I had to pick a role model for my captain, it would be Sisko hands down. I'd go with that character to any fictional war any day. As for diplomacy, Sisko can hold his own but he's a little too emotional for my taste, I'd prefer Vice-Admiral Ross on over all command style.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Revlot wrote:
    Speaking of DS9, my sister has 3 boys, Avery - as in Avery Brooks(Sisko), Miles - as in Miles O'Brian, and Julian - as in Julian Bashier. I have not the heart to tell the pre-pubesent boys from where their names arise.
    Well, at least those are fairly common names. I've always thought that Ezri or Jadzia would be good names for girls if not for the blindingly obvious Trek connection.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

"You hit me! Picard never hit me!"
    "I'm not Picard."

:D

Oh yeah, Sisko all the way.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sulu