test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why do i not have 300 days?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I just saw a whole bunch of people with the new fireworks Emote in Sol...

Why don't i have it yet??? It says i have 6 days left to my 300 days, but that does not make any sense at all.
I have been playing STO since closed beta, pre-launch and i even got the original Lifetime Sub offer.

By all logic and reason if others are at 300 days now i should be too. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Possibly there is a bug in the tally software?

Where does one look to see how long one's account has been active?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Roach wrote: »
    Possibly there is a bug in the tally software?

Where does one look to see how long one's account has been active?

"My Account" from the main page. NOT from the forum page.

There is a count under "subscriptions".

---
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Maby they don't like you ........ just kiddn its probly a glitch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The 300 days are counted from the time you paid for your LTS (or started registered your game; whichever came first). Some people purchased their LTS earlier then others.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    The 300 days are counted from the time you paid for your LTS (or started registered your game; whichever came first). Some people purchased their LTS earlier then others.

theres still a bug/problem. becasue my LTS was created the day it was announced(few weeks before launch date?). yet i still have 8.9 days left to wait.

complete and utter BS if you ask me.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Aeleys wrote:
    theres still a bug/problem. becasue my LTS was created the day it was announced(few weeks before launch date?). yet i still have 8.9 days left to wait.

complete and utter BS if you ask me.
    I do not know when you purchased your LTS. Maybe you still have the email receipt and can check? It could be a bug or it could be you mis-remembering when you purchased the LTS. Either way I don't really see 8.9 days as being that long to wait. I sitll have 12. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: !
    6 days for me !

I want a special Item, a Triolic Biothermal Dampener !
    Mouhahahaha
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I did not purchase my LT until shortly after it was initially offered if my memory serves me correctly. I have 294 days. So, I have no idea when they start counting. I assumed it was from when you registered your game key.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    We are looking into this. Our internal account list shows November 9th as the first 300 day Veteran, so something is obviously being triggered out of order and we're checking with the account server folks to see whats up.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I am not sure how this works either. I've been playing since open beta, got into the pre-order head start, then bought a 60 day GTC and then changed to a 6-month sub. I'm at 266 days now.

:confused:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    this has been a farce from the begining.

they said at times the timer would count from date of start for STO, and then many people wanted the head start time added.

then it was talked about how it would start when you purchased the life sub...

i am sooo lost now its not even funny. i got the life sub just before (if i recall right) the head start. but yet i still show 278 days only as listed for my vet time.

how does this compute?

edit: ok, after figuring it out, i am at 278 since my purchase on 31 Jan. (my bad). i still hold fast that ALL time should have started on launch day though.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There is a problem with how the emote is triggered and it is showing up for anyone at the moment. We are working on updating the server to address this. We'll most likely hot fix this later today.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sadly the ball was dropped on the "veteran status" dynamic from the start. I do not care what plan you purchaced days should not have been counting earlier than headstart or later than February 2nd {official launch day}. Like many I have been playing since headstart without any lapses {as well as all of beta}. Yet I still have 23 days to go before 300.

Personally I can give a rats TRIBBLE about the fireworks emote, but would not mind the extra character slot {lol as if i need any more characters}. My issue has, and always will be, with how they handled the veteran system from day one....and it has never been accurate nor fair. While other examples may exist, this would be the first MMO I have ever player where veteran days began counting before the damn game was even launched.

I can only speak for myself in that this is not a game breaking issue per se, but it is something that urks me. In my personal opinion if you have been playing at least since Feb 2nd and had an account in good standing until this very day {including any billing issue that was Cryptics fault not the customers}, you sould be no less a vet than any other player in the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I do not know when you purchased your LTS. Maybe you still have the email receipt and can check? It could be a bug or it could be you mis-remembering when you purchased the LTS. Either way I don't really see 8.9 days as being that long to wait. I sitll have 12. :)

i'm not gunna go through almost a years worth of e-mails just to check somthing i allready know lol.

the problem isnt about the actual emote. im gunna use it maybe once to see it and then leave it be (just like cpt's table lol?)

it;s just VET rewards have been announced for ages, so why don' the counter work properly? its all im asking.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Feb 02 should have been the start mark for days counted since that was official launch. nuff said.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Feb 02 should have been the start mark for days counted since that was official launch. nuff said.
    I don't disagree with you but the people who wanted their 1-3 weeks of pre-paid LTS to count do; and that means Vet Reward wouldn't be coming until Nov 28th if it was based on Feb 2nd. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't disagree with you but the people who wanted their 1-3 weeks of pre-paid LTS to count do; and that means Vet Reward wouldn't be coming until Nov 28th if it was based on Feb 2nd. :)

i understand your point of view on my response, and i see why people wanted this (for whatever self indulgengent reason).

but to have vet days count before launch (more so those before head-start) is just, well, stupid.

but i digress, as it always ends up the same comments as before.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [QUOTE=Alexraptor;3136367]I have been playing STO since closed beta, pre-launch and i even got the original Lifetime Sub offer.([/QUOTE]

I got my lifetime sub back in January and my account shows this:

"ACTIVE

Subscribed For: 290.01 days"

Although I didn't question it until I saw your post, I have no idea how accurate it is or if it is possible that other players activated their subscriptions 10 days before I did or not, but 10 days, no big deal. :)

/Edit

I totally got fireworks!

Whoop whoop!

How cool is this emote? It's pretty and it's damn cool! :D

Thanks Cryptic, for the bug and the emote, fix it after fireworks night yeah? ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think there's a CS FAQ about this somewhere, but from what I remember days = days you have been billed for. So if you played on a free 30 days or had a lapse in your subscription - those days don't count. The November 9th date is based on the lifetime account holders who started counting days the day they paid for their lifetime account.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i understand your point of view on my response, and i see why people wanted this (for whatever self indulgengent reason).
    Sometimes people who spent $290.00+ before even playing the game want to feel special. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm sitting at Subscribed For: 275.78 days

I also have been playing since open beta and had an active account since then. If that be true the game's only been out for like 9 months, which would have put the official launch back in February. According to Wikipedia the game was released on Feb. 2nd 2010.

300 days ago from today was Saturday January 9th, 2010 so something seems a bit off....
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    I think there's a CS FAQ about this somewhere, but from what I remember days = days you have been billed for. So if you played on a free 30 days or had a lapse in your subscription - those days don't count. The November 9th date is based on the lifetime account holders who started counting days the day they paid for their lifetime account.

just found my recipt for my 2 LTS's

one is on the 17/1/10 and the other is a few days later.

im too lazyu and stupid to work out how many days that is.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    http://calendarhome.com/date.shtml

you can use that site to calculate the days...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sometimes people who spent $290.00+ before even playing the game want to feel special. :)

sometimes, people want to support somthing they like theres many reasons, we would be here all night if we wanted to list them all
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Aeleys wrote:
    just found my recipt for my 2 LTS's

one is on the 17/1/10 and the other is a few days later.

im too lazyu and stupid to work out how many days that is.
    365-17-300=48. There are 31 days in December. 48-31=17. Your 300 days should come up around the 14th of November.

Edit: You said you had 8.9 days left. Today's the 5th. 5+9=14. So it seems the 14th is correct for you.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

touche my friend....

(but i am not among that group btw)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If you are a non-lifetime subscriber and have been playing (and paying) since the games launch (2nd Feb 2010) your "Subscribed For: " time should be 276 days ( may be slightly out as there is this odd decimal point at the end) if it is any less and you are certain that you have not dropped the subscription contact customer services. Please note that closed/open beta and headstarts are not counted in this figure.

As dsthal has said the only excpetion to this is the lifetimers whose counters would have started the day they purchased the lifetime sub. Cryptic have records of these purchase dates and have stated that the first day the 300 days award would be given is 7th November for those who purchased their subs on the 11th of January.

Hope this is useful
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As Dan mentioned above, there is a bug in game that is making the emote available prematurely.

I am currently at 294 days and will reach 300 mark on November 11. I had originally ordered two different pre-order versions and purchased the LT subscription when it first became available. My total billing days does not seem to include the retail purchases, only the activation of my LTS subscription on January 21.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sernon wrote:
    "My Account" from the main page. NOT from the forum page.

There is a count under "subscriptions".

---

I would say a bug in the tallying software under my account it says I only have 290.xx days in when in reality I been here since day 1 with a lifetime sub.

Edit I see a later forum post saying some people may have gotten it early do to a bug.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just pulled up my lifetime receipt from Jan 31st, so the counter is working fine for me. One thing I did find was in the lifetimeperks newsletter on 3/16 was this.

"Exclusive In-Game Chat Channel"
    Talk shop with other Lifetime Subscribers. Share thoughts and ideas about the game, or anything else.

I dont recall ever hearing of it again. Not that I care, just stumbled on it looking thru the old emails.