test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fatal Error: Fileheader extends past end of .hogg, probably corrupt .hogg file! # 37

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Fatal Error, so I did not get a chance to submit a bug report in game. Here it is:

Technical Details:
ns/Dyn_Sc_0000_2231/bin/geobin/Maps/Star_Cluster/Space/Nxt_G/Brg/Sc_S_Brg_Nxtg_Scnc2_005/Sc_S_Brg_Nxtg_Scnc2_005.Zone/map_snap.hogg: Fileheader extends past end of .hogg, probably corrupt .hogg file! # 37
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Also having this issue. Surprised you posted here because the board says this is for discussion of bugs with fellow players. Were you wanting to speculate? I would prefer the Devs notice the ongoing issue.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No, I pretty much post what I want, where I want...I don't care about anything else.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I have had this problem as well almost exact scripting, along with most of my fleet members. Some of them are going to cancell there subs unless its solved within a couple of days. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    try renaming your bins.hogg files and letting the client redownload them.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This has happened 5 times to me in the past 24 hours... then having to wait while the program verifys over 46,000 files is a REAL drag...:(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    you can just hit cancel.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I logged in 3 times and after I hit a mission in those klingon explore nebulas I get this 3 times. I have better things to do than staring at a damn progress bar. Unplayable.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This has happened to me 2 times since Friday. Each time I was trying to enter a diplomatic mission in Delta Volonos Cluster.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm getting a similar error message while trying to do exploration missions in the Eridon Nebula. The last 3 or 4 in the course of 2 days have crashed out on me.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    HRNG!

http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/f144384g/btran.jpg

also verified all 46663 files and it didn't reload anything so i guess my files are up to date and correct.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You might want to try deleting your dynamic.hogg file in the pigg folder, someone mentioned in another thread that doing that seemed to stop the crashes. The game will generate a new file if you're worried about deleting it.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ^ This worked for me.

I was worried about deleting the dynamic.hogg file (in the piggs folder) so renamed it dynamic.hogg.old. Upon launching the game a new dynamic.hogg file was created and I haven't crashed since.

As an added bonus I got to free up some space by deleting the old, and fat, 650mb hogg file. :)