test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I have been denied Vice Admiral rank!!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
OK, so I have earned enough skill points for Vice Admiral. However, it still requires me to spend 100 more skill points to get to the correct skill point spend. Problem is that the minimum skill point spend avialable to me is for 400. Now that I have maxed out the skill points earned, how the hell do I spend the last 100 when I am not getting any further skill points to met the 400 minimum requirement?

So thats it. Screwed. No retrofit ship. Not promotion. No XI gear.

Not happy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There are no lower tier skills that you can drop 100 pts into?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There has to be a lower level skill you can toss 100 points at.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nope I went through every box. The lowest is 200 (as opposed to the 400 I put above). But thats still double what I have.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's a very unfortunate turn of events. What are the chances you maxed out every tier one skill (most people I have talked to only go to level 7 in those)? Unfortunately, I think you will have to respec in order to spend the requisite number of skill points and qualify for VA1.

It may be a mixed blessing. I hear that PvP at VA1 is abyssmal currently, the competition for cluster missions and anomlaies in "B'Tran (Vice Admiral)" is cutthroat, and that the emblem missions are stingy.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I guess respec it is. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I would have to agree with PROPHET and say burn a respec token on it. Most of the people that I've talked to in a similar situation just blew 100pts in one of those 1st tier boxes. You're the first that I know of that filled all of them.

I'd look over all of your skills and just be sure you raised all of those Lieutenant skills to max. If you did, then I'd send a bug report.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ElChup47 wrote:
    I guess respec it is. :(

Look at the bright side, most people once they hit cap consider respecing anyways just because they spent points in something they thought they'd need and didn't. So you're just ahead of the game ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I, too, have this problem, so if this works for the original poster, I may well give respec a go. :) The game should be better than this, however. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Theres nothing wrong and this isnt a bug and its not the games fault either, its called learning to read and spending your skill points correctly.