test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Formal Wear? This is STARFLEET!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2012 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Okay, I know there are already a few threads to this effect, but I think I'll include visuals.

Let me show you what STARFLEET formal wear looks like:
[Pre-Insurrection]
Screenshot
Artwork
[Post-Insurrection]
Screenshot
Artwork

It's called a Dress Uniform (or Class As) and is what we see Starfleet officers wearing at every formal event ever seen on screen (Weddings, Military Dinners, Awards Ceremonies, etc).
We never see Starfleet Officers in anything other than these unless they're on the Holodeck in period clothing.

And now KLINGON formal wear:
[DS9 Wedding]
Screenshot (only good image I could find of those, my google0fu sucks right now)

What is this that we're seeing on the C-Store? It is not formal wear, it's costume wear for the holodeck. Players want dress uniforms (and not as a reward for Admiral, every Starfleet officer has a dress uniform, not just Admirals and Veterans).

I, for one, would much prefer that the C-store credits go to formal wear that makes some cannon sense.
I've defended you pretty vehemently Cryptic, but c'mon, just for once can we play on the same team?

(in all fairness, I'm sure folks will love them for RP purposes, I'm just not impressed myself I guess)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i agree with you but i stil like the new stuff!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Er... this stuff is for off duty. These are not meant for military use.

There is a military Dress Uniform in game, but it is a grind to get it.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    As I had said in the Uniform poll, I would like to see the 18th Century sailing outfits from Star Trek: Generations added as an option. They could be customizable such that one could be British, French, Spanish, American or another sea faring power from the time.

I would also like to see serveral Dress uniform designs added. Kirk and McCoy's Dress uniforms from "Bable", The stupid dresses that the Next Generation crew wore for female Federation characters, the White Dress Uniforms the DS9 and Enterprise-E crew had, and perhapse Navy Whites simalar to modern World Navies complete with medals (the level three accolades medals).
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The post insurrection uniform is already in game. It's the reward for reaching Federation Ambassador in the Diplomat Corps. I'm actually wearing it in my avatar pic. I would like to see more dress uniforms made available though. Perhaps retroactively through each eras C-Store pack(if you have the pack, you get the dress uni) Added in game as a reward for some other missions/achievement, or, if in the C-Store as a separate pack, Dress Uniforms Throughout The Ages that includes several dress uniforms from each era of Trek.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Deoin wrote:
    What is this that we're seeing on the C-Store? It is not formal wear, it's costume wear for the holodeck. Players want dress uniforms (and not as a reward for Admiral, every Starfleet officer has a dress uniform, not just Admirals and Veterans).

Who are you to say what the players want? I would sooner have the new formal wear than Starfleet dress unis.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Deep Sapce Nine, Vegas 1962
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Who are you to say what the players want? I would sooner have the new formal wear than Starfleet dress unis.

who is he to say well if you had read the forum he is saying what most players are saying, this isnt star trekie lol, and and if you rather wear this formal wear then why are you even playing star trek makes no sence to me cause that it par of playing star trek the cloths ships aliens, phasers blowing stuff up lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    who is he to say well if you had read the forum he is saying what most players are saying, this isnt star trekie lol, and and if you rather wear this formal wear then why are you even playing star trek makes no sence to me cause that it par of playing star trek the cloths ships aliens, phasers blowing stuff up lol.

Yes, how dare I have the nerve to wear a holodeck costume in-game, because they never wore holodeck costumes on the TV shows, right? Oh wait, no, they did.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I agree with OP in part. This formal ware surely isn't trek, as it says in the name 21st century formal ware. I also want to see more dress uniform options, but I am glad we didn't see them in the c-store. I think this formal ware is a good addition to the C-Store because it isn't not canon, it's just a fluff option, take it or leave it. I think dress uniforms are big enough deal they should just be in the game at no additional cost. I wouldn't mind as a vet reward because I know they have to justify the time taken to make it when they could be working on other things, but I would prefer to see dress uniforms in the game rather then this formal ware.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Perhaps something in satin... this might ring a bell of some sort.

Now, we just need the Thompson sub-machine gun added to the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    phlyto wrote: »
    Now, we just need the Thompson sub-machine gun added to the game.

LOL! Nice! I agree; add the Thopson and make the TR-116 avalable to everyone at a price since the Joined Trill, Tribble, Targ, NX, and Original Consitution are avalable. Yes, Picard and company would sometimes wear their Dixon Hill getups onto the bridge, much to the surprise of the other personnel at their post.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    phlyto wrote: »
    ]Perhaps something in satin....
    And I'll concede the Holodeck thing, but there are no holodecks in STO. I'm just trying to figure out what these costumes are for. If they're meant to be off duty formal wear then they should be formal wear that doesn't look 400 years out of fashion.
    I don't know. I guess it just seems off to me. But there's obviously folks who enjoy these.

MAYBE folks will indulge me with some screenshots of how you're using the new formal wear.
    It's a star trek fashion show :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There's no crying in Starfleet!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I dislike you can't change the shoes.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Blitzy wrote:
    I dislike you can't change the shoes.

I second that. The one pair of shoes allowed for the new formal wear (the heels) just don't looke quite right.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Klingorion wrote: »
    There's no crying in Starfleet!

This is not Starfleet, this is the STO FORUM ! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ashur1 wrote:
    This is not Starfleet, this is the STO FORUM ! :D
    As Ashur1 kicks a fellow poster down the endless pit in painful slow motion.
    "Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!"
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I will just add my 2 cents:

Developers, please concentrate on developing useful and interesting Star Trek stuff for this game (this is what me and other players are funding you for via subscriptions).

Please do not waste time on stupid things like 24C formal wear, which is really good only for holodeck (if we should stay Star Trek-like). If not, then please just announce that this is in fact not a Star Trek game and (because some players might like it) next time we will see Star Wars universe ship/character costume. Now...I don't want to give you any ideas... :D

There is enough Star Trek material that you could add, so please concentrate on the right things
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    You haven't seen the special Lirpa and Bat'leths available in Q's Winter Wonderland, have you?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    J.H.Harris wrote:
    You haven't seen the special Lirpa and Bat'leths available in Q's Winter Wonderland, have you?

You do realize you replied to someone who posted that in August 2010, right?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    You do realize you replied to someone who posted that in August 2010, right?

Game: $7.99
    Monthly Sub: $14.99
    Watching someone make that balls up: Priceless.... :D
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    wow really :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh my god look at this zombie. I didn't know zombies complained about Canon in a video game.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm sure our characters would have lives outside of Starfleet. Let them have their fancy dressware and casual comfy clothes.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Deoin wrote:
    And I'll concede the Holodeck thing, but there are no holodecks in STO. I'm just trying to figure out what these costumes are for. If they're meant to be off duty formal wear then they should be formal wear that doesn't look 400 years out of fashion.
    I don't know. I guess it just seems off to me. But there's obviously folks who enjoy these.

MAYBE folks will indulge me with some screenshots of how you're using the new formal wear.
    It's a star trek fashion show :)

You would be surprised how long certain styles stay in fasion. Before the advent of TV and pop culture, styles took a VERY long time to change. 1930's Zuit suits are still in style, for goodness sakes! In East Asia, tradtional cloths such as Hanbok (Korean traditional dress), Cheongsam (Mancurian dress commonly mistaken as traditional chinese dress), Sarong Kebaya(Traditional Singapore dress), Hanfu (Han Chinese traditional dress), Sampot and its varients (Cambodian dress), and Kimono (Japanese tradtional dress) are still in use.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Someone call the zombie killer :cool:

Actualy kinda funny... SOmeone in 2010 posted to give us the TR 116... So that means weve been complaing for over 1 year for it... comon cryptic. Even in 2010 we wanted it in the c-store, we should get it free just for the wait time ;)