test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veteran Jacket Award: Tinting Options?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So I qualified for my Veteran's Jacket 200-day award today, and like it for the most part.

What I don't like are the dedicated panels that Have To Be Gold.

Any way we could get those tintable in the same range as badges and rank pips? Because the gold is "okay" with the blue on this jacket, but I think Silver would make it POP.

Just my 2 E-creds.

Blue Veteran's Jacket
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Darth_Trek wrote:
    So I qualified for my Veteran's Jacket 200-day award today, and like it for the most part.

What I don't like are the dedicated panels that Have To Be Gold.

Any way we could get those tintable in the same range as badges and rank pips? Because the gold is "okay" with the blue on this jacket, but I think Silver would make it POP.

Just my 2 E-creds.

Blue Veteran's Jacket

Think yourself lucky, they haven't even bothered to provide a Klingon version... :mad:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Funny you chose blue, because that's what I chose too. I would second being able to change that accent color.

I noticed that that accent color actually shows up when the jacket is chosen for female characters. However, gold is the only color listed.

Hopefully, they'll unlock other color choices.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    more options would be nice, but the crew I have it on now is for the (future) USS Heart of Gold...so the trim actually kinda fits in a way, lol. Still, it is kinda...glaring? Otherwise, I love the design of it, very nice piece of work
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I prefer a normal color choice, but even a limited selection (like badges) could be ok, better than no customization...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think its outrageous and completely unacceptable that the Klingons are not getting any veteran rewards items.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm hoping that Klingons get access to the "Dahar Master" Jackets. Those would be awesome.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    I think its outrageous and completely unacceptable that the Klingons are not getting any veteran rewards items.

I agree, I think that Klingons need their own versions.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We still havent gotten a badge of some sort to match the future variant badge the feds got for 100 days or w/e. Klingons ignored again.. And still no referal ship for klingons.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The mistake that keeps on haunting them. They should have said back in beta Klingons are equivalent to "Monster Play" in LOTRO.

Instead they made the tragic error of giving players the idea Klingons will have equal content to feds.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    oooo me likes that jacket only 13 days left :P

and yeh it should have been said like monster play.... although the klingon side is far better than monster play (and i say that as a lotro lifer too) so i think we should at least be greatful!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    /signed.

I don't yet have the Vet reward jacket (ETA ~35 days), but I would like to be able to fully edit the colors.

The same goes for the Ambassador's Diplomat jacket. There main part of the jacket itself is white, can't be changed. I don't mind that so much, but there's a trim that's a light goldish color that can't be matched with the existing color pallets. The jacket does include an undershirt and piping that you can alter, but again, you can't get it to match the trim.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I got the Veteran jacket yesterday, it's nice, but I really would like to change those gold parts...

With my white uniform, I would like to change those parts to silver at least...