test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to progress in diplomacy

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

I've completed the Bajor (Standoff) and Vulcan (Ancestral Sin) diplomatic missions and it says I received 10 Diplomacy XP from each, but I am not getting the diplomatic ranks/titles or contact from the Ambassador on Spacedock (I have talked to him two or three times now in person).

Bug report# 938.138
GM help request ticket: 938, 139

Any help / solution greatly appreciated! Am I missing something or is this bugged?

Thanks.

EDIT: Apparently you have to get 160 Diplomacy XP before the Ambassador will do anything with you. (Attach
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There are also more diplomacy missions to be had on Starbase 39 and Memory Alpha. There's 8 in total.

Also if you visit Jiro in spacedock and talk to him face to face, he tells you more about each rank of diplomacy.

However, I agree with your assessment that this is not straightforward. And is confusing for people who are new to the system. It could use a lot of tweaking to make it easier to follow, easier to access, and generally smoother to play.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You have to hit Diplomacy Rank Level 1 (Attach
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    STO's UI is... odd, I know. Little bits of information spammed in various different locations sometimes with seemingly little rhyme nor reason to what goes where. I only realized that the bar at the top had become clickable when I was mousing over it for the tool tip it provides and found it highlighting... which it didn't do before one of the later incarnations of Season Two, and I don't think was ever documented anywhere.