test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground Combat Issue - Severe

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Am I alone in being kicked out of at least 80% of the ground missions I play?? Just knowing my mission may involve me beaming to a planet now almost makes me rather just want to drop the mission!!!!!!!! :mad:

As I said, about 80% of the time I'm kicked out the game with the error reporter waiting in the background.... and let me say I have expressed my feelings.... possibly too harshly, but when I'm 3/4 of the way through a mission and I get booted, I'm not a happy camper!!

I have NO idea what leads to the crash, I somehow think the use of that optic skill (for a tac officer) has some hand in it, as sure as bob, when I or a boff use it, the game freezes for a sec or 2, then resumes, and I get kicked out shortly after.

What annoys me the most is that after bind my ground controls a little differently, I was actually starting to get into it a little, but now I rue the day it was ever invented! I haven't played any decent amount of the main story thanks to this.... Im guessin I'm gettin it worse than most as there are a good few people who have completed all the missions, but am I alone in this? :mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Kicked out again.... this really is becoming a joke.... Dev's pls let me know if this is a bug, or is it really just me?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Played one mission successfully, and kicked out AGAIN!!!!!!!!! COME ON GUYS, all I want to know is if this is normal?????????? :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    DKEV wrote:
    Played one mission successfully, and kicked out AGAIN!!!!!!!!! COME ON GUYS, all I want to know is if this is normal?????????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you are reffering to PvE, then I have never been kicked out of a ground match, due to lack of response my guess is it isnt normal, so maybe reinstall, if you changed something recently, change it back. just a couple suggestions.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks bud.... this is all I was looking for. Would be nice to have had a gold name, but at least now I know.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    My game would crash all the time on the ground. Two guaranteed triggers were when someone used either Targeting Optics or Tachyon Harmonic. I reported this in game and the CS asked for my DX Diag. Turns out I had the wrong driver for my 5870. I changed/updated my drivers.

Now I still crash but not as often. Rarely in fact. I can now safely (and effectively - it's a neat power) use Targeting Optics. Though sometimes it still seems to be a crash trigger. TH seems to be ok, it's not very effective in game so I don't use it as much anymore anyway, but still it's more a trigger than TO. I also notice a higher chance of crash right at the start of ground combat (basically when a dozen-plus powers between myself, my BOs and the enemy are all kicking off at the same time).

What's interesting is that before my driver change I "never" crashed in space. Now I have a few times (not so bad, certainly tolerable). Also, rarely used to ground crash out of combat, and lately I've got booted a few times while walking (jogging) in Sol Station.

Still, without a doubt, fixing/updating the drivers on my video card has significantly improved my game play.

I would like to take a moment to say "Good Job" to Cryptic on the return to play feature after crashing... So far (knock on wood), whenever I have ever crashed out of game, I have been able to log right back on and pick-up right where I left off with little to no affects to the mission (with one minor exception). You've got an excellent recovery system.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm having the same issue with ground mission's, I get kicked out of the game and have the error bug report waiting. Thing is this just started happening within the last patch. I've installed the latest video drivers for my HD5770 10.6 but still have the problem.

Anybody have any ideas?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DKEV wrote:
    Kicked out again.... this really is becoming a joke.... Dev's pls let me know if this is a bug, or is it really just me?

A had in the past a few crash while doing the ground mission for Starbase 24 and on some other pve mission but not recently. In fact, i do not remember any type of crash in the last month but most of them where on the ground and not in space when i had them.

Did you check if you did not have any overheating trouble? At the start of STO, lots of crash where caused by computer overheating. Also, did you try lowering your setting to see if that would help?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I recieved the exact same crash on my first mission today so it's the game and now the enitre game is crashing so it's not anyones settings its the the game itself that is bugged out
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i could be hexing myself, but i have not crashed during ground missions at all.
    what few happen is due to heat on my end as my AC took a dive and has caused my pc room to heat up a tad...

not saying it is the issue, but you may want to confirm recent drivers, and read the GPU threads here for additional assitance on video cards and the like.

even recent drivers can cause issues, and you may want to roll back one or two....just a few ideas.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Same here, did a few last night and not one crash.