test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Partially-Assimilated Ships

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Dear Cryptic,

I think a good C-store item would be a partially-assimilated ship (or series of ships). Along with noticable efforts of assimilation by the Borg on the hull, graphically it might be a nice incentive to give a few additional benefits, like a small +Hull Repair Bonus (Borg Nanites), or a small over-all boost to subsystems (Minor Efficiency). And maybe since Starfleet simply can't remove the assimilated portions of the ship(s) in question (for whatever reason), the ship might have an innate Borg weapon of some sort. Like a Plasma Cutter, or a Borg tractor beam.

Could also be offered to KDF with partially-assimilated Klingon Ships.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sounds cool.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No cutting beam. That thing is too deadly. But the assimilated parts for show sounds cool.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No cutting beam. That thing is too deadly. But the assimilated parts for show sounds cool.

I don't know. Cutting beam sounds like a great idea. Maybe it partially destroys the hull integrity, but perhaps the most important attribute would be... the reduction in the # of crews?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    C-store really shouldn't have anything in which would affect game balance, eg. borg cutters or other buffs to the ships.

However, the appearance sounds quite good.
    I always tried fiddling with the pre-existing paint jobs to try and make my intrepid look assimilated to no success.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Chris8016 wrote: »
    C-store really shouldn't have anything in which would affect game balance, eg. borg cutters or other buffs to the ships.

However, the appearance sounds quite good.
    I always tried fiddling with the pre-existing paint jobs to try and make my intrepid look assimilated to no success.

100% agreed. I always wanted that for lower-tier ships that are refitted to Tier 5 as an explanation how they are on par with a Sovereign. Borg technology. :D But it also would be nice for ships with liberated Borg on it. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sounds pretty weird. But ... after they made Pakleds (which I to this day still assume was JUST FOR ME personally! Heh) ... and started making emote packs ...

Meh ... your idea's not the weirdest.

So I say, sure, go for it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Perhaps this could be accomplished unlocking Borg parts, or a Borg 'material' in the ship tailor when you select material, though I'd like to seem them allow me to apply it to certain sections. Or maybe simply as a 'paint' option that changes that section to a partially assimilated section.

Some sort of partially assimilated Borg ship would be cool though, yes. I don't think it has to, or necessarily should, give us any kind of game play advantage though.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That is a most logical idea!