Options

Things I Wish I Knew...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Skytzyc wrote:
    Had I known it was a tier 1 only, I probably would not have purchased it. Of course, the good thing is that it is available to all my characters. So I guess I'll equip it on my RA 5 character, plop some RA5 weapons and consoles and then lurk the Enemy Signal Contacts and help out any willing lieutenants and LC's LOL

I will say this, I also bought the Caitian (I think I am the only one in STO who is a MALE Caitian!) - and that character kicks @SS on ground missions! So, One C-Store purchase that bums me out and the other that psyches me up. I guess it evens out.

THNAK YOU, Drake for your reply! :)

The Caitians do rock!

I think you'll find that once you get the option of grabbing your upper tier ships that you won't want to keep the good ole connie, but I take my blue phasers with me to every single ship I fly!

They scale with your character and seem to generally edge out their counterparts by 2-3 dps. Not much obviously, but I'll take a blue 151 dps as opposed to a MK V 149 dps (disclaimer...I'm not online at the moment and can't check to see if mk V phasers actually do 149 dps, i'm just using that as a example...)

As far as the ship itself goes, every tier will give you additional weapons and console slots, so the tier 1 light cruisers will quickly be outgunned by the fact that tier 5 have so many more weapon slots and boff powers available.

As far as the new c-store updates go, the caitians are really the only new addition to the game. Everything else was a preorder bonus from somewhere...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Impressive work, too bad they apparently won't sticky. And thank you, I can't remember your name, for mentioning the RA3 requirment for the transwarp conduit. I just made RA2 and have been rather irritated with no real missions to work, just explore and defend, and I can't wait to get to the Big Kids Playground :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i've heard loads of people complain about not being able to find sulu. i never found it difficult, i just turned around in the admirals office and oh look there he is!

to add to this thread always remember to balance your shields constantly. having a full shield but three half full ones is useless. shield regeneration is applied to each side facing. so (numbers probably wrong) having four shields half strength applies 20 shield regen every 10 seconds to every shield facing. that would 80 shield regen in total. however if two of those shields were already ful then you'd get 20 shield regen to two shield sides ONLY. this means you are only getting 40 shield regen in total. keep balancing those shields constantly!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i've heard loads of people complain about not being able to find sulu. i never found it difficult, i just turned around in the admirals office and oh look there he is!

You are a bit out of date. Sulu is no longer with Quinn anymore. And hasn't been for well over a month. Its winters now.

But asking "wheres winters?" Has no ring to it, and just doesn't sound as cool.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Been playing for a few days and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Deep Space Missions. Someone answered my thoughts as to why the level difference said -2 on the star map, but once in the encounter, the difference was +44. My next question is that half of the time when I enter a Deep Space Encounter, the mission is to kill 3 Klingon squadrons. However, the mission objective does not always appear, and taking down a squadron does not seem to count toward any total, nor start a count.

How do i force the mission to begin without having to warp out, and re-enter several times to register the start of the mission?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ForeverMan wrote:
    Been playing for a few days and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Deep Space Missions. Someone answered my thoughts as to why the level difference said -2 on the star map, but once in the encounter, the difference was +44. My next question is that half of the time when I enter a Deep Space Encounter, the mission is to kill 3 Klingon squadrons. However, the mission objective does not always appear, and taking down a squadron does not seem to count toward any total, nor start a count.

How do i force the mission to begin without having to warp out, and re-enter several times to register the start of the mission?

I think all the DSE's require 10 squadron kills and there is something like a 5 minute reset from the time the last enemy is destroyed until the mission starts again. During that time there is always the uber Enemy Flagship squadron that warps in to cause a fair amount of havoc.

Different encounters are defaulted to different levels so the romulans at Alpha Centauri will be stronger than the Klingons around Sol, but weaker than the Terran Empire near DS9.

You also need to accept the "defend sector" mission assignment from the appropriate officer to get credit for completing the mission...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I feel compelled to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. It has helped me immensely since I started playing a few days ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    wrote:
    Presumably, a buff to anomolies means they appear more frequently OR the amount of anomolies you collect from each scan goes up (3 biological and 2 alloy instead of 2 biological and 1 alloy).

I tend to agree that there could be considerably more information disseminated, especially about how different values work together to buff a skill.
    Is this some sort of a Star Trek lingo to spell "Anomolies" instead of "Anomalies"? I know it's silly but it drives me nuts.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Check out my Beginner's Guide to Communication. It tells you everything you need to know about using STO's chat system.

:cool:
This discussion has been closed.