What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mods - Why the crackdown on threads?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I do. Not so much gelatinous, though. More like a mobile pizza in a cup, without the cup.

How would you even hold a phaser.:p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Apparently you saw a different Q & A than I did.

I saw one that talked about Tier 6 ships, and adding Tier 5 ships, but no mention was made about the Refit of Tier 1-4 ships to continue using lower tier vessels throughout your entire game experience. They made mention of Retro-fitting or "Super Defiants" but that isn't the same thing. The issue is being able to carry an existing ship forward, just as it is, but allowing for next Tier and eventually top Tier stats to be applied to a lower Tier ship.

This Q&A is the latest one.

In it ...
    Q: Jade Delphi: Will we see some sort of 'refit' or 'upgrade' feature that will allow us to continue to use the hulls/designs we like through upper tiers, instead of being forced up into the next tier of ship design to even be effective?

A: Something like that. We know this is a feature that has been often requested. We are working out the details now, and we may start with a few experiments at first and see how it goes.

That would be the exact same thing you're asking about. Refits. Refit or upgrade feature that will allow you to use hulls/designs they like through the upper tiers.

Pretty straightforward.

I mentioned following dstahl's posts more closely because your other two questions ... Bridge Views and interactivity for bridges in the future ... as well as future crafting upgrades ... are both things he's posted quite a lot of information about.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Presbytier wrote: »

One of two ways, I'd reckon. It's moving pizza. So the phaser might be like a pizza topping?

OR ... it might just be like that little tripod plastic thing some pizza places put in the pizza to keep the box lid from hitting the cheese.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    personae wrote:
    True. I believe there was a post just yesterday from Stormshade saying as much. They want to know our concerns, positive or negative, so that they can continue to make the game a better place.

Not just the game, but also ourselves. The community's opinion goes for quite a bit around here, and I do the best I can to represent you guys in the office. I like to think that most of the time I do an alright job of it.
    Right, but re: the topic of this thread, my point being, these forums are extremely under-moderated, not over-moderated, and how someone could think that Cryptic is cutting off dissenting opinions on forums so negative completely escapes me.

If you don't want to just shut them down, at least some more moderation is in order, like confining all of the angry complaining about an issue to one thread on one forum, especially when its being propagated by the same two or three people.

We've been working on the lack of moderation, and have even added another Mod to the team! Which reminds me, you all should welcome GMTiyshen to the forums. She's been doing an awesome job of moderating for the last few days, and that, in turn, frees up more time for me to read and respond to your issues.

As for trying to hide, or shut down negative feedback... I assure you it won't happen on my watch. Unless of course you guys don't have anything negative to say anymore. :D

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    One of two ways, I'd reckon. It's moving pizza. So the phaser might be like a pizza topping?

OR ... it might just be like that little tripod plastic thing some pizza places put in the pizza to keep the box lid from hitting the cheese.

No no no. The Delivery boy holds it for you. Hot phasery death...in 30 minutes or its free.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Presbytier wrote: »

No problem. I would ride in one of those futuristic power chairs like Captain Pike had, only mine would have weapons and various accoutrements attached, and whenever Klingons or whoever tried to board my ship I'd chase them around yelling "Exterminate! Exterminate!"
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    personae wrote:
    No no no. The Delivery boy holds it for you. Hot phasery death...in 30 minutes or its free.

Ninja Burger is sensing some competition from Pizza Hort(a).
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    V-Mink wrote:
    Ninja Burger is sensing some competition from Pizza Hort(a).

I thought a Ninja Burger is when you pick your friends nose without him knowing.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GMIndigoFyre,

First off thank you for your reply. I am thankful someone finally ponyed up for some answers. Regardless of my feelings on the answers, I do appreciate that you responded.

That being said, lets go point by point.
    I can assist you with some of this.

*cracks his massive talons*

Watch this spin, its going to be amazing.

Spin - Hey I used to be a consumer Packaging Executive - I know ALL about spin.... :p
    All the questions in our latest Ask Cryptic were asked by real players on these very forums.

Never doubted this. My doubts were over the level of difficulty of the questiosn being asked. There were hundreds of questions by the time I posted. In fact I figured some would be merged into general type questions (i.e. Klingon Content Requests, Starship modifications, etc.). It was not the questions themsleves that I had issues with (some people they were really important), but rather the tone. Which leads to this continuation...
    I can understand that the questions that were picked were not the "real issues" that you wanted to know about, but they were somebody's real issues. We answered questions about a new ship tier, missions outside the galactic barrier, minigames, exploration missions, and missions involving Q. If those topics aren't real then I am not sure I understand reality at all. These forums are a pretty big place and there are a lot of people talking about a lot of different stuff; we have to pick and choose what we comment on. Besides, if you aren't getting answers maybe you aren't asking the right questions. ;)

I will go back to the MTV debate with Bill Clinton in 1992. I still remember that valley girl that asked "You wear boxers or briefs?" Was it a Legitimate question? I am pretty sure it was in their mind. Could we call it fluff - YES.

That was the same thing with the responses. Were they legitimate questions? Yep. 100% agree there.
    Are they pretty tame? Yep.
    Can this tameness be perceived as "fluff"? Yes.
    Is perception reality?

Answer that and you see my point of view.
    You say that we released the mega c-store update without reviewing player's comments.

Not sure if those were my exact words but sounds pretty close if they were not... Anyways
    I assure you that that is the falsest statement that could ever be made. No offense meant to you, but I have personally sat in on the meetings where we discussed the player's comments.

As an employee of Cryptic I would expect no less. Once again was this communicated to the player base? Nope. Kind of a 'give-me' so I will let that slide.
    There has been a whole lot of thought going into the player's feelings about this issue, but after all the threads and reading and talking we decided that it would be in everyone's best interest to release them. With all the debate back and forth let me tell you that A LOT of people were very happy about the items being released ... a lot.

Okay - I think here is where the breakdown occurred. Was there a release to forums explaining this? No. Could a statement have been made by either you or a Director, or someone with authority? Yes. Make the statement detailing how you came to your conclusion (within reason - not asking for financials here, rather the thought that went into the decision) then lock it. Least it would give an answer.

Which leads to the next part.
    Remember you (as the player) can only see what is on the forums or what is publicly released, we (as a company) can see everything, and there is a lot of information behind the scenes that help us decide what will benefit the most people. Everything we do is because we think it will be fun for people, there is not a malicious bone in this company's body.

You are right - all we see IS the forum or publicly released. So all we saw was "We will compare both sides" then a few days later they get released. How would you have taken this?

I am sure the discussions did occur. However, were they ever commetned on? Nope. Was a mail sent to players which had the items explaining that you do value us as a customer and understand that this might produce some ire, but you felt that we would understand and accept our decision or something better worded (not a marketing guy)? No.
    As for your comment about features that were talked about before launch that did not make it into the live game, that is the reason why you feel the Ask Cryptic's were all "fluff."

No - the "fluff" comment was I felt the answers did not tackle any tough or sensitive subjects. I go back to my "Boxers or Briefs" comment.
    We have learned the hard way that it is not safe to talk about something until it is done done.

Okay - That is not spin. That is fact. And hearing that answers any questions I have on why there are no real comments about ideas or concepts that never were implemented. I appreicate the brutal honest response there.

And I for one accept this. However, it was the only time anyone commented on this fact.
    There are all kinds of crazy ideas that are tossed around all day, (I invent a fleet action every shift, but nobody ever listens :( ) but due to a whole variety of factors not every thing gets to be completed.

Never doubted this. One thing i lvoe is that there is new content. Please please please never give up doing this. I do a similar thing myself at work - 9 out of 10 ideas I have are DOA. Btu the 1 generates hundreds of thousands in cost savings typically..
    The more we talk about ideas that never come to fruition the more we look like we break promises. Nobody wants that.

Very valid point. And explains the lack of response. Thank you for clarifying this :)
    The cool thing about MMOs though is that the longer we are in existence the more likely all the crazy ideas will get made. People wanted Caitains, now they have them. We will not stop there, we now get to jump onto the next race that people want..

Hydrans - Please please please. Might be Starfleet Battles Intelectual property, but I wanna blob. Plus their Hellfire and fighters rock! Also would be a godo storyline being subjegated by the Romulan empire. Think the French Resistance in World War 2 - Think of the possibilities....

Anyways back to the last part...
    Eventually we will put every cannon STO race into the game. At that time the designers will be asking for ideas on new races we can invent and there your old pal Indigofyre will be with his "mythic race pack" with Minotaurs, Gorgons, Centaurs, and Harpys. Oh I am in anticipation of that day ...

Sweet - I look forward to it. And I will be in anticipation of that day as well.

Finally, I wanted to once again thank you for your reply. It was not as much spin as I thought there would be and was rather straightforward. I myself appreicate the feedback.

Please continue to produce more!

Thanks,
    Blakinik
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    We've been working on the lack of moderation, and have even added another Mod to the team! Which reminds me, you all should welcome GMTiyshen to the forums. She's been doing an awesome job of moderating for the last few days, and that, in turn, frees up more time for me to read and respond to your issues.

Thanks,

Stormshade

She? *checks self in mirror* How you doin'? ;) *wiggles eyebrows in GMTiyshen's direction*
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dyonas wrote: »
    She? *checks self in mirror* How you doin'? ;) *wiggles eyebrows in GMTiyshen's direction*

And her avatar is a cat not a rabbit...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cryptic is well know for blowing warp plasma up our exaust vents. This thread is no different; "lets stay on track" reason is a joke ten-fold.

IN BEFORE CLOSED
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Not just the game, but also ourselves. The community's opinion goes for quite a bit around here, and I do the best I can to represent you guys in the office. I like to think that most of the time I do an alright job of it.

Good to know and from what I have seen, you do a good job. Seem some good communication - and woudl like to see more.. Now if I can have your email, I got some ideas... hehehehe :)
    As for trying to hide, or shut down negative feedback... I assure you it won't happen on my watch. Unless of course you guys don't have anything negative to say anymore. :D

Thanks,

Stormshade

I just want you to know I can be bought off and never say a negative thing again. It is called COLD HARD CASH. Yep, I accept it in any denomiation :)

Actually could there be like a daily what we are doing post or something? Somethign that says some ideas or the like (don't have to go into particulars) of things people are working on. Maybe rotate it around to different departments so we get a "day in the Life of" posts.

Blakinik
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:

Hey my cat is a bit frisky... jsut sayin' :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I can assist you with some of this.

*cracks his massive talons*

Watch this spin, its going to be amazing. ;)

All the questions in our latest Ask Cryptic were asked by real players on these very forums. I can understand that the questions that were picked were not the "real issues" that you wanted to know about, but they were somebody's real issues. We answered questions about a new ship tier, missions outside the galactic barrier, minigames, exploration missions, and missions involving Q. If those topics aren't real then I am not sure I understand reality at all. These forums are a pretty big place and there are a lot of people talking about a lot of different stuff; we have to pick and choose what we comment on. Besides, if you aren't getting answers maybe you aren't asking the right questions. ;)

You say that we released the mega c-store update without reviewing player's comments. I assure you that that is the falsest statement that could ever be made. No offense meant to you, but I have personally sat in on the meetings where we discussed the player's comments. There has been a whole lot of thought going into the player's feelings about this issue, but after all the threads and reading and talking we decided that it would be in everyone's best interest to release them. With all the debate back and forth let me tell you that A LOT of people were very happy about the items being released ... a lot. Remember you (as the player) can only see what is on the forums or what is publicly released, we (as a company) can see everything, and there is a lot of information behind the scenes that help us decide what will benefit the most people. Everything we do is because we think it will be fun for people, there is not a malicious bone in this company's body.

As for your comment about features that were talked about before launch that did not make it into the live game, that is the reason why you feel the Ask Cryptic's were all "fluff." We have learned the hard way that it is not safe to talk about something until it is done done. There are all kinds of crazy ideas that are tossed around all day, (I invent a fleet action every shift, but nobody ever listens :( ) but due to a whole variety of factors not every thing gets to be completed. The more we talk about ideas that never come to fruition the more we look like we break promises. Nobody wants that. The cool thing about MMOs though is that the longer we are in existence the more likely all the crazy ideas will get made. People wanted Caitains, now they have them. We will not stop there, we now get to jump onto the next race that people want.. Eventually we will put every cannon STO race into the game. At that time the designers will be asking for ideas on new races we can invent and there your old pal Indigofyre will be with his "mythic race pack" with Minotaurs, Gorgons, Centaurs, and Harpys. Oh I am in anticipation of that day ...

Thank you for so eloquently stating what people with common sense has known since launch. :)

Also nowhere will you get this kind of interaction with the community...god Turbine could take a page or six from you guys playbook.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:

*Wiggles her toes* I guess the massive paws make it appear as a rabbit, but the AV is all kitteh.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GMIndigoFyre,

Something you said before caught my attention, and would like clarification on your part.
    IBesides, if you aren't getting answers maybe you aren't asking the right questions. ;)

That being said, what are the right questions? Can you provide some examples based on the items I initally asked for a reference point?

Blakinik
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GMTiyshen wrote:
    *Wiggles her toes* I guess the massive paws make it appear as a rabbit, but the AV is all kitteh.

All day yesterday I called it a rabbit till Sovereign pointed out it was a cat.

I guess I had too many doughnuts :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There's such a thing as too many donuts? :P
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    sovereign wrote: »
    There's such a thing as too many donuts? :P

There is when you start seeing rabbits...

SQUIRREL!

Oh great... now what.... ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blakinik wrote: »
    For the 'no-holds barred' ask cryptic, why were no real issues addressed? I honestly was looking for some definitive answers and all i saw was fluff - lots and lots of fluff.
    Because they really couldn't care less what customers think, it's just a marketing exercise to puff out the pathetic excuses for updates in the public eye then say that's what people wanted. You'll notice they did no consultation with the actual community beforehand, the questions were handpicked on what Crytari's marketing department wanted to say, no one else.
    I love the fact that they pick and choose what questions to answer/ignore rather than actually making a thread publicly and asking for responses before trying to claim it's "we put your questions to the devs"... Do they base their community "engagement" off Stalin or something? It's smoke and mirrors so they can dodge the hard questions about why ground combat still hasn't been revamped from TRIBBLE-ions online with lasers etc
    Looked pretty standard to me. The usual "We want to" or "it's planned". Seems to me it's getting to the point where it seems Cryptic talks better than it delivers. Not that they talk any more. Seems we have no dedicated CM as Phoxe has vanished and the only people communicating anything are coderanger and CapnLogan insptie of Zinc having said someone will take over the Engineering reports it's been over a month now and nothing.
    Yepyep, realised that a while ago, this game is just another Hellgate London, release TRIBBLE at launch by knowingly releasing a beta quality game, get TRIBBLE reviews, do too little too late, lose customers, damage done - close within a few years.
    Nothing can make ground combat more enjoyable (yes i know that's subjective but wait for the rest of the sentence :p ) than it already is. That's why i ditch ANY ground mission i get without even reading it. Scan 5 things? Yeah right, Kill a billion borg, stuff that for a joke. I'd rather stab myself in the face with a fork than play the ground game.
    They need to switch to an engine actually designed for action games for the ground part instead of using one they designed for warcrap-style play like TRIBBLE-ions online...

...it's totally doable, it's obvious the engine works with the space part but totally fails at being fun for the ground part, but they just aren't willing to put in the work just smoke and mirrors by making loud noises about tiny changes (example, difficulty slider etc rather than actually *having an AI* ... the AI in half-life which is over 10 years old technology behaves smarter: http://ai-depot.com/GameAI/Design.html ), here it's all cheap, sloppy shortcuts which when talking to Cryptic myself (Falkoren the head QA rep) the answer is "that's just how MMOs are"... It's pathetic, no attempts at originality or innovation whatsoever the ground gameplay is just formulaic grind. I've lost all respect for Cryptic as a company, and I actually liked City of Villains a lot.

The problem is the company is greedy and sloppy, just churning out games from their publicly stated make-a-game-in-2-years procedure (remember the outcry on the forums when people found them advertising their ability to do that so smugly on Atari's site, which they quickly removed) to a set cookie-cutter "mmo" pattern...

For the Exclusive items to the C-Store - you said you would review teh commetns of the people and yet you went ahead and released that without any reason otehr than "People are asking for that".
    See above. It's just PR fluff to try make things look legitimate.
    I asked in particular of comments and features made before launch that never materialized. I in part purchased my lifetime account over some of these ideas as I was hoping this would be different than most other MMO's. Not a single dev response via reply to the post or private mail. Several players have, but nothing offical from Cryptic.

Cryptic's reputation and STO's has been irrevocably damaged by the way they pushed it out the door selling a beta as a finished product. They did exactly the same their former publisher NCsoft did with Tabula Rasa, the same mistakes, same result... The public aren't as gullible as they had convinced themselves into believing. The damage by reviews and word of mouth has been done and it's clear that they have no intention of actually improving the game only padding it out with fluff "content" and tiny "fixes" that don't address the actual issue of ground combat being universally reviled...
    Stelakh wrote: »
    Snipped for brevity.

I agree completely with Zodi on this.

STO is not the Star Trek MMORPG I had hoped for, not even close. But it is what it is - which is why I'm often very harshly critical of it - I believe that there is a great deal of potential that hasn't had the slightest scratch.

My thoughts on STO have been, for quite some time, that I would rather have seen it go to another developer that could have done justice to the IP, but that's really moot. Cryptic have it, and that's that.

Yeah that's what it comes down to. I think a lot of people tried to give them a chance but they have shown themselves incapable of doing anything but churning out stuff along a templated "mmo" engine with no real innovation. Games like Mass Effect, Fallout 3, even Half-Life 2 series(mostly cos of the engine) have far better depth and have proven that roleplaying games don't have to be 2-dimensional. Even Deus Ex proved that about a decade ago now... Cryptic are content to say "that's how a MMO is" and just churn out another warcrap/crapions online clone with different textures. And this seems to be their plan for the forseeable future:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=125881
    MMO games at reasonable cost in 18 to 24-month cycles .. The acquisition of Cryptic Studios Inc., .. is a key asset to develop this online strategy.

One thing that's been brought up time and time again since beta and in many media reviews of the game is the poor quality of the ground part of STO... it could've been amazing, but they just didn't bother even trying, replacing any kind of intelligent enemies with everyone just running at each other spamming magical powers standing in the open while trying to "expose" each other (everyone is out in the open, it's a crutch because they are too incompetent to make enemies use cover like even 1998 Half Life could!).... oh and not letting players actually aim their guns like you can say in APB was a terrible choice it just makes it feel very detached and robotic.

They promise the stars constantly (especially in bug reports, "developing and growing world" etc etc) when they never had any intention of delivering anything innovative at all and refuse to put the work in to make it better ignoring it in favour of "content" fluff that is quite frankly *easier*/less costly to put in rather than ever trying to make the game itself actually better...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Because they really couldn't care less what customers think, it's just a marketing exercise to puff out the pathetic excuses for updates in the public eye then say that's what people wanted. You'll notice they did no consultation with the actual community beforehand, the questions were handpicked on what Crytari's marketing department wanted to say, no one else.

Wow, no company does that. Except all of them.

P.S. Did you buy a lifetime to Tabula Rasa, too? And just curious, you only realized all of these glaring release issues with the game after it came out...and apparently after the LTS refund period ended? I mean, you were playing the game that whole time, right?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    no not all companies manipulate customer feedback to deliberately give a false impression, some are actually honest.

Tabula Rasa, No, I played when it went free because I had heard so many bad things about it which put me off before (then found out it'd actually been improved a lot to be fun), so I saw the effect of rushed release for myself. Like STO it *could* have been great but like STO they killed off their own potential playerbase through greed.
    " Destination Games knew a long long time before TR went to beta that it wasn’t (going to be) ready even for beta, let alone launch. IMHO NCsoft collectively knew very well that TR wasn’t ready for launch, but went ahead and launched it anyway "

STO, there was no lifetime refund advertised.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

STO, there was no lifetime refund advertised.

I'm not actually a troll at all. I'm making the point that you played the game in beta, you played it at release. You bought a lifetime subscription. When other folks after release were calling and screaming for LTS refunds, you didn't...

But now here you are complaining about how lousy the game was in beta and at release. It was so lousy that you purchased a Lifetime Subscription, huh?

Here's how this actually went down: You played and enjoyed the game in beta and after release, some time passed and you didn't enjoy it as much as you'd hoped it would, so rather than trying to be constructive and help build community and try to make the game better, you drop by the forums every so often to attack Cryptic and complain.

Basically, you're mashing up your sour grapes and making whine all over the forums. But we're all on to you. You're not fooling anybody.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I joined the "beta" after the server had been closed permanantly. Yes it wasn't a very informed purchase but a) it sounded like it would be better than it actually turned out, yeah I actually believed the false advertising sadly... b) bf has more money than know what to do with anyway

I've been criticising the ground part of the game since it started as well, try actually looking before opening your fat mouth... yes I have played but it's a) giving them a chance to improve it. That chance was given by many people by like many people I figure it was just all PR stuff now and there was never major improvements planned ever and we're just going to get more "raid" missions for 24/7 players and other fluff no actual game improvements b) I hate wasting things

Edited by your omnipotent moderator, I must say the word "troll" is so incorrectly used now-a-days. ~Q
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    a) giving them a chance to improve it. That chance was given by many people by like many people I figure it was just all PR stuff now and there was never major improvements planned ever and we're just going to get more "raid" missions for 24/7 players and other fluff no actual game improvements

Ignoring your various personal attacks...

First of all, what 'raid missions for 24/7 players' are there in this game? You're really arguing that this game isn't casual enough for you? Seriously? If you play this game 24/7 you'll have worked through the content in less than a week?

And what does 'other fluff' mean? Hardcore content (which again, doesn't exist in this game) is 'fluff'?

You, sir, use strange definitions of words.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This is part of the problem. Just because Cryptic decided that a certain opinion was in the minority, and acted in the interests of what they saw to be the majority, doesn't mean they didn't 'hear' the minority. It is possible on this, and any number of other issues, for Cryptic to listen to a dissenting opinion, hear it, discuss it, and reject it as not being the right course of action. Its possible to ask for something, be given a full hearing, and receive the answer 'no'. People don't seem to understand this, and so their response, if Cryptic decides that a direction they don't like is best for the game, is just to yell louder. Because of course, if Cryptic heard you, they would have to agree, because your position is the only logical one. Except we all know that's not true.

If Cryptic has learned one thing from these boards, it should be that they will never make every single person happy. They can't, and its foolish to try.

First off, let me say that I know that some of you won't believe this, but I moderate/semi-admin another forum of equal size. Everything you said above MisterMiracle is 100% true. Many members that invest a lot of time and money into a forum or organization feel that they have more entitlement to have their opinion heard over everybody else's. While I agree that their opinion gets heard with a little more impact, at my forum, and I'm sure this one too, their opinion does not hold the entire forum (and game) hostage.

I empathize with those of you that feel slighted by any of Cryptic's actions; but just because they don't jive with your viewpoints doesn't mean that your point of view wasn't listened to. And Cryptic Mods and GMs forgive me for saying this, but I can say that if it wasn't for the fact that you are paying members you probably would have been banned a while ago. And furthermore, I don't know how much experience some of you have with programming, but it's absolutely no cakewalk. Especially a program that's being accessed simultaneously by thousands of different users at the same time. The smallest change can cause the entire thing to collapse. In fact, I'm impressed with how far Cryptic has been able to push the game so far, it's been truly very encouraging.

For those of you out there who are getting the feeling that there are a bunch of disenfranchised subscribers out there, please don't let the about a dozen VERY active troublemakers on the forums keep you away.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Please keep your posts clean. Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen"
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blakinik wrote:
    Actually could there be like a daily what we are doing post or something? Somethign that says some ideas or the like (don't have to go into particulars) of things people are working on. Maybe rotate it around to different departments so we get a "day in the Life of" posts.
    Blakinik

Have you "subscribed" to the Engineering Reports forum?
    I always subscribe (using the forum subscription function) to the latest Engineering Report to get the latest on what they working on and seeing responses to people's question.
    I would suggest you do the same thing ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Zythris wrote: »

For those of you out there who are getting the feeling that there are a bunch of disenfranchised subscribers out there, please don't let the about a dozen VERY active troublemakers on the forums keep you away.

To be fair it is more than a dozen. Look at the metascore for example.

I have been very critical about this game and still think there is work to be done in various areas but on the whole it is improving. Slowly. Many people have had issues with customer service and dev feedback/lack thereof and that has accounted for a lot of lost revenue. I do however feel it is true that the major points are ignored in favour of the smaller or 'fluff' ones.

That said I am playing more now after my extended hiatus so will have to see what happens update wise in the future but am uncharacteristically optimistic.