test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ker'rat

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited June 2010 in PvP Gameplay
Just thought I'd mention that for whatever reason for the quest from Jvek. You don't actually have to win to get credit. So what actually happens is a bunch of Klingons with no want to even try to play just harass the feds for the whole game and are basically trouble making freeloaders. Just think you should actually have to win so maybe more would participate and actually do something? I am on Klingon side and it kinda sucks with a full team that I am the only one scanning anything game after game. I completed the quest a long time ago. Just trying to have fun playing but it kinda sucks when no one is even trying because they get to complete their quest as a freebie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Im sorry you know this is the STO forum right?

Because rewarding people for failure is practically the name of this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If I want to play it properly, I go to the Klingon only one (N'vak or something). If I want to harass Feds, I go to Kerrat.

I suggest that, if you want to play a War Zone to win, go to N'vak. We're always outnumbered in Kerrat anyway, so doing the nodes is practically impossible.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I have not gone into that map in some time. Did they ever fix the issue with borg ships being 'inside' the superstructure, invulnerable yet able to fire? Last time I was in the zone, it was like that (broken since release) and you could not scan the nodes cloaked anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    All still true. Borg are still stuck in nodes, and can fire on you without you being able to fire back.

Though I'm glad they fixed it so you can't scan nodes in cloak anymore. Made it waaaay too easy for the Klinks.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    When there are only Feds flying the missions I usually just swing in to take out a Cube or a sphere or something to help move things along. I know I should be trying to win but you've got trigger happy Kirks flying around shooting anything that moves (I guess we've ganked them enough that they can't quite take the chance that we are helping or hurting, lol).

I think credit is fine for these War Zones and PvP, win or lose, especially considering how lopsided the queues or populations can be at various times. Just reduce skill points or don't grant the special mission awards to the losing side.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ya, I use to try to play it. Usually there is a lot of feds.. ok, i don't really care about that either. But with all the bugged npc's, I just gave up on caring, let the feds worry about it. I'll smoke some cigs and drink coffee.

Usually first thing I do is a /who
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bostish wrote:
    Ya, I use to try to play it. Usually there is a lot of feds.. ok, i don't really care about that either. But with all the bugged npc's, I just gave up on caring, let the feds worry about it. I'll smoke some cigs and drink coffee.

Usually first thing I do is a /who

That brings up sweet memories. Coffee and cigarettes went together like lovers and satin sheets. It is what I miss most quitting smoking.

The drapes not stinking though, is a nice consolation prize.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Doctor told me I need to quit (not because the usual, if you didn't smoke you wouldn't of broken you leg line). So hopefully soon, I can be in your situation :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bostish wrote:
    Doctor told me I need to quit (not because the usual, if you didn't smoke you wouldn't of broken you leg line). So hopefully soon, I can be in your situation :)

Best of luck. I did it 25 years. I know how hard it is. When your ready, you'll know. It really is one of those "when the student is ready, the master will appear" moments.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    baos wrote:
    Just thought I'd mention that for whatever reason for the quest from Jvek. You don't actually have to win to get credit. So what actually happens is a bunch of Klingons with no want to even try to play just harass the feds for the whole game and are basically trouble making freeloaders. Just think you should actually have to win so maybe more would participate and actually do something? I am on Klingon side and it kinda sucks with a full team that I am the only one scanning anything game after game. I completed the quest a long time ago. Just trying to have fun playing but it kinda sucks when no one is even trying because they get to complete their quest as a freebie.

The REASON the fed get harrassed is that the Klingons get spawn camped in Ker'rat by 5-7 fed while 2 other fed go and scan then destroy the nodes. This hasn't been addressed by Cryptic AT ALL so the only way it will get fixed is to "play" the zone once the feds win.

By doing this it will cause more qq from fed which as usual will result in change because they don't listen to the Klingon players.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    SteveHale wrote: »
    (I guess we've ganked them enough that they can't quite take the chance that we are helping or hurting, lol).
    There's no such thing as a helpful Klink. When I see Klinks in Ker'rat I know what they're there for.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There's no such thing as a helpful Klink. When I see Klinks in Ker'rat I know what they're there for.

Qapla'
    Hegh QaQ federation
  • Options
    edited June 2010

To get their dailies done?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bostish wrote:
    To get their dailies done?
    If by "getting their dailies done" you mean ganking Feds while other Feds achieve the objective for them (which they are unable to do), then I suppose you're right. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If by "getting their dailies done" you mean ganking Feds while other Feds achieve the objective for them (which they are unable to do), then I suppose you're right. :p

Its true... the klinks are always outnumbered... it is almost impossible most days to win it anyway. The only time where there in numbers is when we decide to stage a take over so the fedys CAN not get there daily done, hey where else is this war. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've beat the feds a few times. sometimes I steal the node from them while they are fighting the guy.. cloak... hide on the far side, scan node, run away. I don't know if they ever knew I was there.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    baos wrote:
    I've beat the feds a few times. sometimes I steal the node from them while they are fighting the guy.. cloak... hide on the far side, scan node, run away. I don't know if they ever knew I was there.

That works.... but if you want to win... decloak... kill the fed... then scan the node.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    baos wrote:

No NO No we are just stopping you from completing it so our klingon friends can complete it for the empire LOL can I say LET US HAVE OPEN PVP. QQ
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No NO No we are just stopping you from completing it so our klingon friends can complete it for the empire LOL can I say LET US HAVE OPEN PVP. QQ

What AK said... if you see encryption errors, that means we won. It is easier to beat the other team if there scanning ships are respawning.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How come I am the only scanning ship game after game on the klingon side?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    baos wrote:
    How come I am the only scanning ship game after game on the klingon side?

Because klingons go to Ker'rat for 2 reasons:

1. Blow up fed ships

2. Because the daily requires it

Ker'rat is only slightly worse in this regard than Salvage Operation. People want to pew pew, not navigate around a map scanning things.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Because klingons go to Ker'rat for 2 reasons:

1. Blow up fed ships

2. Because the daily requires it

Ker'rat is only slightly worse in this regard than Salvage Operation. People want to pew pew, not navigate around a map scanning things.

Then wouldn't it be nice if they stayed out of ker'rat?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    baos wrote:
    Then wouldn't it be nice if they stayed out of ker'rat?

Sure. The problem is the nature of the dailies. If there was 1 type of daily that said, "Compete in 3 PvP matches," I'm pretty sure most klinks would stay out of Ker'rat.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If they setup open PvP zones, there will be no need to go and terrorize feds.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I know this is a little off the topic. When in the war zone, I don't attack unless attacked.

I think too many people have auto target, auto attack, maintain..

which kinda makes me giggle a little, not because it doesn't matter in this game, i guess.
    If you were to do that in at least two other major MMO's your guild would cuss you out :)

I have in the past, not been bothered, by not even engaging in the fight. I feel there is quite a few people who want to do the 1v1 thing there. But generally, if you don't attack, most people will recognize your not interested doing it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bostish wrote:
    I know this is a little off the topic. When in the war zone, I don't attack unless attacked.

I think too many people have auto target, auto attack, maintain..

which kinda makes me giggle a little, not because it doesn't matter in this game, i guess.
    If you were to do that in at least two other major MMO's your guild would cuss you out :)

I have in the past, not been bothered, by not even engaging in the fight. I feel there is quite a few people who want to do the 1v1 thing there. But generally, if you don't attack, most people will recognize your not interested doing it.

Half the fun there is going after the same guy over and over. ;) I make a game of them, I just want to see how long before there trying to chase me. (I'm sure I'm on a couple fed wanted lists ;)

I feel a little bad when one of them leaves or logs... sometimes they call in there friends and then its just too much fun. (We really need an open PvP zone)

I have noticed since the changes in 1.2 more feds seem to be enjoying the forced PvP more.

I probaly shouldn't admit it but seeing how many nasty PM messages you can get in a foreign language is a great mini game. (I think I'm up to 4)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If I'm in Kerrat and you're a Fed, I'm going to shoot you. Repeatedly. Until you die. And then I'm going to camp your spawn.

We're KLINGONS!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The REASON the fed get harrassed is that the Klingons get spawn camped in Ker'rat by 5-7 fed while 2 other fed go and scan then destroy the nodes.

Pretty much true and in case you have not noticed, these are sometimes farmer teams.
    Some fleets, like the 12th, do large organized Kerrat spawn camps.

I have occasionally spent time harassing certain Fed players over and over and over again after finally breaking out of a Kerrat spawn camp if it is clear there are not enough Klingons in the instance to try and win (you need at least two people for several of the nodes as you cannot actually destroy some of the probes/sphere as they are un-target-able... one has to draw their fire whilst the other scans).

After finding myself on the receiving end of a particularly egregious camping I called in a pack of fleet mates to all enter the zone at once to break the camp (which we did) and we then did nothing but harass the former campers for the next half hour.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i always thought if they made the objectives different for both sides then it might be more interesting. give the klingos the mission of stopping the feds instead of scanning like the feds etc etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hunh.. so it's not ok for the Klingons to kill the federation in an Open PVP zone. But it's fine on Resets for the Feds to spawn camp the Klingons.... Got'cha.. :rolleyes:

Also, not sure on how many Feds have to be in Ker'rat for it to reset in aprox 10 minutes, but I've been in the zone many times with the resets happening so fast I barely have time to scan 2 maybe 3 Nodes while killing Borg to clear them.. :rolleyes: