test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gravity well BUG ETA on fix?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited May 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I reported this bug some times now ingame since launch, but it is still not been fixed and in PVP its a gamebreaker bug

the bug is:
the ship/player who is targeted when gravity well is activated ,will get drawn to the location it was opened (loose controle over his ship) no matter were on the map he goes after
full impulse still works as normal but once u get out of it you start moving sideways,backwards no matter what speed you have back to the location were gravity well was used on you
this bug/effect only reset when your killed

Boba
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can confirm this bug. Happens in PvP and PvE (from 8472 Dreadnoughts).
    I have reported it ... months ago.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Happened to me in PvP and PvE. Seems to trigger more often if evasive maneuvers is activated.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    would be nice if anyone from cryptic could give us some info if this is a bug being looked into or not since it has happend everytime it has been used and i was the target for the player who used gravity well
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This has been happening to me today, really annoying.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I can confirm this bug. Happens in PvP and PvE (from 8472 Dreadnoughts).
    I have reported it ... months ago.

Not just 8472 DNs, I had it happen at the beginning of an exploration map from a battleship while grouped. That was a particularly confusing experience.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    so can we report the ppl who use gravitywell in pvp for bug exploting? since it make the person its used on unable to controle their ship due to this bug?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    well i dunno but after todays patch is even worse i sat for 15 min in middle of space in a salvage op not even full impulse works now ,well it works but imidiatly when u turn off full impulse, u get drawn rigth back to the location faster then full impulse speed

since it seems there is more ppl using it in pvp now then b4 and not to mention i was left alone by the feds for 15 min in a pvp match they are fully aware this bug will happend and are exploting it so i ask again can we report the ppl that use this for bug exploting??

I am sure you devs understand that the ability to park your oponent to a spot in the middle of space in a capture and hold pvp map is extremly OP

i use to have alot of fun pvping in this game and it is all i wanna do ,but having this bug in almost every match and you devs dont seem to care ruins the fun but why would u care ? im a lifer so you allrdy got my money and i guess another klingon quitting isnt any loss
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Bobafeit wrote:
    since it seems there is more ppl using it in pvp now then b4 and not to mention i was left alone by the feds for 15 min in a pvp match they are fully aware this bug will happend and are exploting it so i ask again can we report the ppl that use this for bug exploting??

I don't think you should just assume anyone who uses this power is exploiting. While not entirely accurate either, it's probably more correct to suggest that the majority of the people who know about this bug are the same people who have been affected by it. Far from everyone is coming to this forum to read up on these bugs.

Anyway, I also experienced this bug on a PvE mission map yesterday. It didn't seem to matter how much time passed or where I was on the map, I kept getting pulled back to the location where the Gravity Well ability had originally been used.