Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Cruis.In wrote: »
    "Boy do I want to find a way to Captain a Fek'Lhri ship..."

from craigs twitter page...

what is it and why does he want it?

Total speculation but it could be a hint as to what the new Klingon specific ENEMY might be.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    He's mentioned those ships once before. I had to search Memory Alpha to figure out who they even are (ancient Klingon enemy). My guess is he's giving hints about the "unique Klingon enemy" that's included in their storyline.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    There was a Fek'lhr-class in Star Trek Armada. It was the Klingon science vessel. Maybe he means that.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, according to Klingon mythology, Fek'lhr was their name for the Devil, who ruled Gre'thor, or Klingon Hell (Underworld). Perhaps it's a reference to that.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's possible. The Fek'Lhri were around during the time of Kahless the Unforgettable and he used the first Bat'leth ever forged to conquer them, as mentioned in the DS9 episode The Sword of Kahless
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This is madness! And not Sparta madness. All this speculation is doing is suggesting that Klingons aren't being ignored. How is that possible?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's possible. The Fek'Lhri were around during the time of Kahless the Unforgettable and he used the first Bat'leth ever forged to conquer them, as mentioned in the DS9 episode The Sword of Kahless

The Fek'lhri were "demons" We once saw one that was supposed to be the guardian of Gre'thor, kinda like Cerberus in the greek mythology. If they want to give us a realistic enemy from the Klingon past they should take the Hurq.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    K-Tar wrote:
    The Fek'lhri were "demons" We once saw one that was supposed to be the guardian of Gre'thor, kinda like Cerberus in the greek mythology. If they want to give us a realistic enemy from the Klingon past they should take the Hurq.

I'm well aware of Fek'lhr, the Klingon Devil who Ardra impersonated the ST:TNG Episode Devil's Due, however what the Fek'lhri, notice the extra "i" at the end of the name, are is still something that is up to debate. As I said in my previous post the only information that is know about them is that they were around during the time of Kahless the Unforgettable and he beat the snot out of them with his Bat'leth, which was mentioned in ST:DS9 episode The Sword of Kahless. That is the bare bone fact of what they are, there isn't anything beyond that in any of the episodes. I have a feeling that this is going to be interesting to see what Cryptic comes up with.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I I have a feeling that this is going to be interesting to see what Cryptic comes up with.

In all seriousess, the Fek'Lhr, as a ship class, has already been featured in 3 games(Armada 1,2, and SFC3). It isnt some mystery what it is, it just seems that the Devs would like to put it in STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In all seriousess, the Fek'Lhr, as a ship class, has already been featured in 3 games(Armada 1,2, and SFC3). It isnt some mystery what it is, it just seems that the Devs would like to put it in STO.

I'm pretty sure this means we'll be getting a Grethor/Sto-Vo-Kor STF or Fleet Action and have Fek'Lhri enemies. I mean, we pretty much have had confirmation throughout Trek that the Klingon religion is pretty much 100% true. So we could go to Klingon Hell, fight Klingon demons, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm pretty sure this means we'll be getting a Grethor/Sto-Vo-Kor STF or Fleet Action and have Fek'Lhri enemies. I mean, we pretty much have had confirmation throughout Trek that the Klingon religion is pretty much 100% true. So we could go to Klingon Hell, fight Klingon demons, etc.

That was funny sarcasm :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That was funny sarcasm :D

They did kinda go to Grethor on Voyager and the plan on DS9 was to have Worf and Martok find an interdimensional portal that leads to the Klingon afterlife which is a real, physical place where Klingons actually go when they die (no metaphors or mythology about it, Klingon religion was intended to be factually true from DS9 on) and fight to free Mogh from eternal torment.

So we could certainly go to the Klingon afterlife. It's not a myth. It's scientifically, quantifiably where Klingons go when they die in Star Trek. Their demons and gods are all real, when most religions aren't treated as real in Trek. (For example, Neelix's religion? A total lie. Not true. The Klingon faith? Totally factually accurate within Trek lore. No sarcasm.)
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I am also aware of the Fek'lhr Class starship for the Klingon Empire that was developed by Activision, which is also a very nice ship design. However this...
    Cruis.In wrote:

can be read in a number of ways. The two most obvious being:

1) that the "Fek'lhri Ship" is supposed to be a Fek'Lhr class starship and the devs are possibly looking at bring that ship in from Armada 1, 2, and Starfleet Command 3. Though this brings up the question as to why a dev would misspell the class name of a ship he was trying to add that was developed from a different game company.

2) that the "Fek'lhri Ship" is a hint/slip of upcoming content involving the PvE content that the Klingons are lacking right now. The way that "Fek'lhri ship" is used in the sentence would seem to indicate the latter, since this type of word structure and association is put together to denote the faction that the ship belongs to. ie: Federation Ship, Klingon Ship, Romulan Ship, etc. That and the difference in spelling would seem to indicate the latter as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    2) that the "Fek'lhri Ship" is a hint/slip of upcoming content involving the PvE content that the Klingons are lacking right now. The way that "Fek'lhri ship" is used in the sentence would seem to indicate the latter, since this type of word structure and association is put together to denote the faction that the ship belongs to. ie: Federation Ship, Klingon Ship, Romulan Ship, etc. That and the difference in spelling would seem to indicate the latter as well.

I'm hoping it's this one. I'd love to go to Klingon hell and kick some "demon" butt.

**cues the Doom music and picks up a BFG9000**
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cruis.In wrote: »

from craigs twitter page...

what is it and why does he want it?

The Fek'Lhri were an enemy of Kahless on the Klingon home world. My guess that's the Klingon specific enemy they will be up again in their PvE content. Let's see also from "The Sword of Kahless" DS9 episode, I think that was when Kahless also forged his bat'leth.

<check memory alpha>

Score!!! Not ever bit of Trek Trivia has leak out of Fuzun's ears

Hrm. Erzi Dax, Worf and Koloth (if he is still alive) know the approximate location where they left the The Sword Khaless. Oooo. That certain does open up a lot of story possibilities for PvE content. I'm beginning to wonder how well Worf and Jm'pok are getting along... :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    As a teaser, this is a really effective gimmick. Props to Zinc, and the OP for cross referencing it.

The speculation here is both interesting and entertaining. No matter what comes of this, it is nice to see people talking about what this could mean what this could be. Some great stuff in here. The trek stuff, the klingon mythology, the pics from the other game ... it's all really cool to read about. Definitely a thread I'm glad I'm reading.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    fuzun wrote: »
    Hrm. Erzi Dax, Worf and Koloth (if he is still alive) know the approximate location where they left the The Sword Khaless. Oooo. That certain does open up a lot of story possibilities for PvE content. I'm beginning to wonder how well Worf and Jm'pok are getting along... :)

Koloth died during the battle with the Albino in the first season episode "Blood Oath". The ones who found the sword were Dax, Worf, and Kor. Which means that only two people really know its location since Kor died during the Dominion War.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Koloth died during the battle with the Albino in the first season episode "Blood Oath". The ones who found the sword were Dax, Worf, and Kor. Which means that only two people really know its location since Kor died during the Dominion War.

Doh! I got Kor and Koloth names mixed up all the time. I'm can picture the actors face, and I can hear his actor's voice. But I'm lousy at remember names.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    fuzun wrote: »
    Doh! I got Kor and Koloth names mixed up all the time. I'm can picture the actors face, and I can hear his actor's voice. But I'm lousy at remember names.

Yeah. It also doesn't help that the three main Klingon captains in TOS (Kang, Kor, and Koloth) were all featured in that one first season episode.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    this place looks interesting...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Looks like Grethor to me...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    dstahl wrote: »

Gah! You tease, you. Want more. NAO!

<Looks at calendar>
    Is it June yet?
  • Options
    edited May 2010

GRETHOR!

ROCK ON! I'm not even a huge Klingon fan and this makes me want to level my KDF alt like crazy.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

:eek: My Klingon might just make it past LT7 with teasers like that. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That ship class linked here looks like a Terran Battle cruiser from Starcraft.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!
  • Options
    edited May 2010

ooh... Nice.