test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can a DEV please clarify Galaxy X is exclusive to RAF prog b4 I start referring?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
The reason why I want a simple straight answer about this is that I'll be attempting to refer friends to get it... but I will not be doing so if there will ever be another way of obtaining the Galaxy X. If I went to the trouble of refering 5 friends, I'd want my reward to remain exclusive... .as it is a hard (but not impossible) task to get 5 people to join, and if someone succeeds in doing so they bloody well deserve something good and unique!

After all this kafuffle, if the Galaxy X was anything but exclusive to the RAF program, almost every single player would be flying around in one should it become easily available.

Thanks for the clarification on this :O)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    this is the most that has been said I think
    dstahl wrote: »

Well... if its any consolation... I've made a huge stink about the Galaxy X threads in internal meetings and have even talked directly to the the CEO John personally about it and for now it remains an exclusive reward for the challenging task of recruiting 5 friends.

Sounds like the issue has gone "to the top" and it is still staying as an exclusive.

That said - nooone is EVER going to say that it will never be available some other way. Only that for now - in spite of all the rage - there are apparently no plans to offer it other than through the referal program.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    even if ... you dont realy believe they would tell you?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Or you can just refer yourself... wont be hard for you to make 5 more account on your own...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    GISP wrote:
    Or you can just refer yourself... wont be hard for you to make 5 more account on your own...

Don't be so ridiculous LMFAO!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Timofnine wrote: »
    Don't be so ridiculous LMFAO!

It's not as ridiculous as it seems, just remember how many copies of the game some people bought just so they could get all those extra goodies. Heck i bought 2 and was tempted to up that to 3. As it is i'll likely get a third now and give it to my bro along with an extra month sub just for that tribble and boff (not interested in the galaxy x).

we're trekkies, we've spent thousands on the dvd's, five copies of sto is chump change in comparison. To us, 'ridiculous' needs a whole new measuring stick. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cormoran wrote: »
    It's not as ridiculous as it seems, just remember how many copies of the game some people bought just so they could get all those extra goodies. Heck i bought 2 and was tempted to up that to 3. As it is i'll likely get a third now and give it to my bro along with an extra month sub just for that tribble and boff (not interested in the galaxy x).

we're trekkies, we've spent thousands on the dvd's, five copies of sto is chump change in comparison. To us, 'ridiculous' needs a whole new measuring stick. :p

So true. Still debating if I really want to pay upwards of $60 to get this ship, since i have been trying since the beta to get others to join with no success.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [/B]

So true. Still debating if I really want to pay upwards of $60 to get this ship, since i have been trying since the beta to get others to join with no success.

Well, don't forget you need 5 copies of the game + you need to pay the monthly subscription for each of those five copies.

So that comes out to roughly around $200-$250.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's not as ridiculous as it seems

There's a good chance his "don't be ridiculous" post was irony. And a good chance he plans to do exactly that. And is why he's asking the question he's asking in the first place. Because he'd rather get it some other way.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    There's a good chance his "don't be ridiculous" post was irony. And a good chance he plans to do exactly that. And is why he's asking the question he's asking in the first place. Because he'd rather get it some other way.

I believe you hit the nail on the head sir.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    from my perspective it was ok to voice opinion over the referral program - and it was discussed several times in executive meetings and it was felt that the reward was worthy of the challenging task. We realize it isn't a cake-walk to recruit 5 friends, which is why the reward was asked to be cool.

And as I've stated elsewhere - the program is really intended for players who are enjoying the game and having fun and want to share their love of the game with their friends. If that isn't you, then the program really isn't designed for you. I don't think it does anyone any good (including the community) to bring people into the game who really don't want to play it in the first place - or to purchase their own subs just to get a reward - it doesn't help the game to do that. What helps the game is finding more people who do enjoy and want to play the game. I know its hard to gather from reading these boards sometimes, but there are quite a few people who do enjoy and love this game.

/snip...

Is the Galaxy X only going to be available via referral? Probably because that is what it was designed for - but who knows... things can always change.

confirmed. sort of. Maybe.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

lol true true, if you know what your doing and jump in eyes wide open, more power to you.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    superchum wrote: »

Just another way for Cryptic to reattach itself to a lifers Credit Card.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    pierrat wrote: »
    Just another way for Cryptic to reattach itself to a lifers Credit Card.

That's just nonsense. Lifers are still able to and do buy items from the C-Store and will more than likely purchase future expansion packs as they are released. Just because they will not be paying a monthly fee does not mean they are not contributing funds to the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That's just nonsense. Lifers are still able to and do buy items from the C-Store and will more than likely purchase future expansion packs as they are released. Just because they will not be paying a monthly fee does not mean they are not contributing funds to the game.

of course its nonsense because i never suggested lifers DIDNT use the cstore, just this was "another" way for Cryptic to get ppl to spend more money in the game. You do know what another means? that means there has to be a first.

You really need to stop wih making things up and then use that as a basis of your argument. Makes you look really intellectually lazy and disingenuous.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Ridiculous?

Not really. I have a friend of mine who play's eve-online, has six accounts all on DIFFERENT credit cards (dunno how he PAYS for that, nor WHY he has different cards, he just does) and he get's by just fine.

This is why it was STUPID for the upper-management to give an exclusive ship to the referral program, as there will be people who will refer non-existant friends to the game and then those accounts will promptly close down after a month or two.

Trust me, players are not stupid, if they want to they'll find a way to get what they want.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kalshion wrote: »
    Ridiculous?

Not really. I have a friend of mine who play's eve-online, has six accounts all on DIFFERENT credit cards (dunno how he PAYS for that, nor WHY he has different cards, he just does) and he get's by just fine.

This is why it was STUPID for the upper-management to give an exclusive ship to the referral program, as there will be people who will refer non-existant friends to the game and then those accounts will promptly close down after a month or two.

Trust me, players are not stupid, if they want to they'll find a way to get what they want.

See a great game makes you want to buy more characters on your own. O had 4 SWG active accounts at one point. No gimmick made me buy them, no trick, no new marketing strategy. You know what did it, SWG before NGE CU was just great.

A great game SELLS itself. That is the one and ONLY lesson Cryptic needs to follow and drop all these shameless smoke and mirrors.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm moving this thread to the more appropriate C-Store and Promotional Items feedback subforum.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Timofnine wrote: »
    ...If I went to the trouble of refering 5 friends, I'd want my reward to remain exclusive...

Remember the TOS uniforms? Remember how they were 'exclusive' to the Deluxe Digital Edition of the game?

Free now.

Even if a Dev said they will remain exclusive, learn from history. Atari could pull some hyjinx, Cryptic can change their minds, new devs can ignore previous decisions... things change. Anything is possible and even Dev comfirmation doesn't mean their information is permanent.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    im recruiting ppl but if the ship gets changed to something else il be a bit disheartened. im not too fussed about it but it will just be another cryptic FU to all us who want to stick with the game. e.g. lifers and those like me who bought more than 1 copy of the game for the items.

also any images of these items in game liek the tribble and bo?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys i just bought the game but have not entered my retail key. First person to PM me with a referral code gets in on the action.