test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veteran Rewards Suggestion Lib-Borg and MU uniforms

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
A lot of people want the Liberated Borg or the Mirror-Universe uniforms. Since the game is now including a veteran reward why not add those two items to the veteran reward program.

I have both the Liberated Borg and the Mirror-Universe uniform option; I have no problem with it being included as a veteran reward items.

Maybe compensate lifetimers with a different perk at the same time the non-lifetimers receive these rewards.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Easy... everyone gets lifetime borg in exchange for everyone getting ALL pre-order bonus items. That would suit me fine and be a decent reward.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Doogie wrote:
    A lot of people want the Liberated Borg or the Mirror-Universe uniforms. Since the game is now including a veteran reward why not add those two items to the veteran reward program.

I have both the Liberated Borg and the Mirror-Universe uniform option; I have no problem with it being included as a veteran reward items.

Maybe compensate lifetimers with a different perk at the same time the non-lifetimers receive these rewards.

Likewise here.

All lifetime perks at some point should become available to vets.

I don't think we should be compensated either, after they are made available. Providing they are at a point beyond the value of a lifetime subscription, and a bit more in the case of the MU uniforms.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Vet reward after 16 months would be fine for Liberated Borg or MU uniforms. That is the only acceptable way to release either one in my mind. They should never go on C-Store.

Its not about losing the 'exclusive-ness.' Its about it requiring the same financial comittment. Though to be truly fair, the MU uniform should be a Champions Vet reward. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Doogie wrote:

A good suggestion. Maybe something they can tag for rewards after 400 days. Like day 600 or 800.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    Vet reward after 16 months would be fine for Liberated Borg or MU uniforms. That is the only acceptable way to release either one in my mind. They should never go on C-Store.

Its not about losing the 'exclusive-ness.' Its about it requiring the same financial comittment. Though to be truly fair, the MU uniform should be a Champions Vet reward. ;)

Here's a tricky part though ... there's talk of making a Borg faction. By that point, Liberated Borg in the C-Store would make a lot of sense. It'd be like Federation Klingons vs. KDF Klingons.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    id belive cryptic would chose to add those to the c-store insted.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's ridiculous to leave the Uniform MU only for lifetime of Champions should release at least for the lifetime of the STO.

I do not agree with the Borg Liberated or reward for veteran C-Store.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Personally I couldn't agree with that. Those with both a CO lifetime account and whatever subscription to STO have a made a higher investment. No way should it simply be added to the STO lifetime sub. It would be unfair to the CO lifetimers. Especially to those you have bought both lifetime subscriptions.

The only fair option it to make them vet rewards.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    MSFortes wrote: »
    It's ridiculous to leave the Uniform MU only for lifetime of Champions should release at least for the lifetime of the STO.

I agree. Champions has nothing to do with Star Trek. Why should STO players be left out because we didn't also buy a lifetime for that poor clone of City of Heroes?

But I think the MU uniforms should go in the c-store, that'd be something I'd pay for even though I only really want the sash.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    Personally I couldn't agree with that. Those with both a CO lifetime account and whatever subscription to STO have a made a higher investment. No way should it simply be added to the STO lifetime sub. It would be unfair to the CO lifetimers. Especially to those you have bought both lifetime subscriptions.

The only fair option it to make them vet rewards.

Why would it be unfair? They still have whatever bonuses they get for Champions.
    Let the STO bonuses be for STO players.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Because it was part of the deal.

Vet rewards aside, if a STO lifetimer wants them sooner they should have to also subscribe to CO.

They are a package deal. You have to subscribe to both games, as it is.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    Because it was part of the deal.

Vet rewards aside, if a STO lifetimer wants them sooner they should have to also subscribe to CO.

They are a package deal. You have to subscribe to both games, as it is.

And I say that's baloney.
    It was part of the deal at the time, but times have moved on. If you bought a lifetime for Champions then play Champions.
    I fail to see why those of us who didn't should be left out of content in a game we have paid for.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And I say that's baloney.
    It was part of the deal at the time, but times have moved on. If you bought a lifetime for Champions then play Champions.
    I fail to see why those of us who didn't should be left out of content in a game we have paid for.

Times have not moved on. They only completed adding them this week.

A STO only lifetime subscriber should be left out, as they've not made the same capital investment. Actually giving it to a monthly subscription vet is more acceptable than simply handing them out to a STO lifetimer. As at least the monthly subsciber will eventually invest more, as a CO lifetimer (who also plays STO) has.

It is no different than simply handing out Liberated Borgs to the monthly subscribers, without having to become a vet.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:

A STO only lifetime subscriber should be left out, as they've not made the same capital investment. Actually giving it to a monthly subscription vet is more acceptable than simply handing them out to a STO lifetimer. As at least the monthly subsciber will eventually invest more, as a CO lifetimer (who also plays STO) has.

It is no different than simply handing out Liberated Borgs to the monthly subscribers, without having to become a vet.

Putting it as a vet reward would still give it to STO lifers. Any vet reward would be given to lifers when it's time comes for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I agree both with your comment and that they should eventually become vet rewards. I was simply pointing out that both a month subscription vet and a CO lifetimer would have invested more. So a STO only lifetimer asking for them to be simply handed out is a bit cheeky.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    c-store for the uniforms :P for tripple zee ammount of c-store points

anything else on the vet :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:

Are you kidding me? We made the investment up front, while they do it over time. That alone gives us the right to anything a vet gets.
    As for Champions lifets. I have to point this out yet again. THEY BOUGHT THEIR LIFETIME SUB FOR CHAMPIONS, THEY GET THE BENEFITS FOR CHAMPIONS, THEIR INVESTMENT IN CHAMPIONS SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH STO.

And if there are those who solely bought a lifetime sub for Champions for the MU... well then they obviously have more money than they know what to do with so who cares?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What do you think the CO lifetimers did? Yeah, invest upfront in CO and also in many cases STO. STO only lifers have not invested equally.

Many companies give perks to those subscribing to multiple games. In this case its the MU uniforms.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    What do you think the CO lifetimers did? Yeah, invest upfront in CO and also in many cases STO. STO only lifers have not invested equally.

Many companies give perks to those subscribing to multiple games. In this case it the MU uniforms.

But they paid for a LTS to another game. They don't have to pay a monthly fee to CO is what they bought.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    But they paid for a LTS to another game. They don't have to pay a monthly fee to CO is what they bought.

They are subscibed to both games, with at least one lifetime subscription and in many cases two. As I said, its the same as saying STO lifetimers shouldn't have exclusive rights to the Liberated Borg.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:

Many companies give perks to those subscribing to multiple games. In this case its the MU uniforms.

Yes they invested up front. FOR CHAMPIONS, NOT STO.
    I can't believe you still don't understandd this. A Champions + STO lifer has NOT invested more in STO than an STO only lifer.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    They are subscibed to both games. As I said, its the same as saying STO lifetimers shouldn't have exclusive rights to the Liberated Borg.

They got benefits in Champions for buying the LTS for Champions. It didn't just come with the sub and the STO item. If someone paid 200 dollars solely for the reason to get a uniform, then they overpaid for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    They are subscibed to both games, with at least one lifetime subscription and in many cases two. As I said, its the same as saying STO lifetimers shouldn't have exclusive rights to the Liberated Borg.

This analogy would mean something if STO lifers were asking for Champions bonuses.
    Since we aren't, it isn't.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    A CO lifetime subscription + a STO lifetime subscription IS more.

A CO lifetime subscription + a STO monthly subsciption IS more.

They are a loyalty perk, which you can't use without one of the above.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:

It really ticked my off when I saw the MU uniform offered for LTS to Champions Online.

They need to make the MU uniforms available to people that play Star Trek Online not Champions Online.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:

Not for STO. But since you're clearly refusing to listen I'm done with you.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:

A CO lifetime subscription + a STO monthly subsciption IS more.

You think accounting doesn't look at departments or in this case games? If one game doesn't cut the mustard, it gets canceled, does it not?

If so, we'd have Auto Assault, Tabula Rasa, and many more still going today.

The person paid a LTS to Champions and they never have to pay a monthly again. They didn't invest in STO when they bought a LTS to CO.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Not for STO. But since you're clearly refusing to listen I'm done with you.

Yeah, I'm refusing to listen. Because you are asking for something others have payed more money to own. You're being selfish, because you just so happen to want them.

I'm not against people having them, but not without making a similar investment.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You think accounting doesn't look at departments or in this case games? If one game doesn't cut the mustard, it gets canceled, does it not?

If so, we'd have Auto Assault, Tabula Rasa, and many more still going today.

The person paid a LTS to Champions and they never have to pay a monthly again. They didn't invest in STO when they bought a LTS to CO.

Actually they did. Who do you think most of the beta testers where? I'd also not hesitate to assume those CO lifetimers playing STO also have a lifetime subscription.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    Yeah, I'm refusing to listen. Because you are asking for something others have payed more money to own. You're being selfish, because you just so happen to want them.

Hahahahahahaha!
    I've even said I'd be willing to pay in the c-store for them.
    Again, if you paid that much solely for the uniforms then you're either rich or irresponsible with money. Either way I care this much about that: [-]