test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worst Community Ever

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Okay, so that title is mostly in jest - however I have never seen such a negative community. Yes there are bugs, yes there are things that need fixing, no it is not an exact perfect replica of what you think Star Trek should be, but it is in fact all in all a great MMO. The best part is the DEVs come here and listen to you wine and actually do something about it. I have never seen any game where somebody can go to a forum and go "Cryptic you suck because in TNG episode 4 that Klingon didn't do that man" and they CHANGE it. This game is being shaped before your very eyes - why not try being positive? I am not a fan boy by any means of Cryptic, Atari or whoever. I did however want to point out that when a new player comes to the forums and sees all this negativity and flaming - why would they check out this game.? The same flamers are complaining that the community is dwindling - LOL!

STO > it's community

Have a good day, and remember it is just a game :)

Soul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Soulface wrote:
    Okay, so that title is mostly in jest - however I have never seen such a negative community. Yes there are bugs, yes there are things that need fixing, no it is not an exact perfect replica of what you think Star Trek should be, but it is in fact all in all a great MMO. The best part is the DEVs come here and listen to you wine and actually do something about it. I have never seen any game where somebody can go to a forum and go "Cryptic you suck because in TNG episode 4 that Klingon didn't do that man" and they CHANGE it. This game is being shaped before your very eyes - why not try being positive? I am not a fan boy by any means of Cryptic, Atari or whoever. I did however want to point out that when a new player comes to the forums and sees all this negativity and flaming - why would they check out this game.? The same flamers are complaining that the community is dwindling - LOL!

STO > it's community

Have a good day, and remember it is just a game :)

Soul

I'm not negative.

Its Friday, Payday and its a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK. This is the most positive I've been for ages.

NOW SHUT UP!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    10F>Every other section here.
    We got a ban on negative stuff there. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This thread is new and exciting....
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    A good day to you as well Sir.

The weekend approaches, time to adjust the erm... replicator, and prepare for some Space Travel. ;)

---
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Soulface wrote:
    Okay, so that title is mostly in jest - however I have never seen such a negative community.

Havent visited many MMO forums, have you?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Havent visited many MMO forums, have you?

Actually, I have. I played DAOC for a few years then LOTRO. Both of which had great a great community.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The best part of this community is that everyone is united against me...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Popkornn wrote:

i think your ok

but thats as far as ill go
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Popkornn wrote:

say wooo undine faction then i'll let you be my minion.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am like the FOX News of these forums, I bring you news tidbits you don't care about, then I add on some extra lines to the news story that I made up, then I get everyone to fight about the different ways I am wrong...

I Love You Guys...

Don't go changing...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Soulface wrote:
    Actually, I have. I played DAOC for a few years then LOTRO. Both of which had great a great community.

2 isnt "many", but even so I highly doubt those forums are free of trolling and negativity.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm not negative.

Its Friday, Payday and its a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK. This is the most positive I've been for ages.

NOW SHUT UP!

That was pure win! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Soulface wrote:

DAOC was a quality game but it was missing a good crafting system...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the thing to remember is sto is still new. the boards should get more and more positive as the people that like the game stay and the ones that dont go. this place is already massively better than it was at the start

there will always be negativity but as long as it constructive, its ok
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    .. and you are???

To the OP, this isn't a mmo community. It's a forum community. A mmo community is the community in-game, and given Cryptic's folly in sticking to the one server/shard, everything heavily instanced design there's never going to be an in-game community. So cheer up, you're lamenting about something that just isn't there, so problem solved.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hagon wrote: »

To the OP, this isn't a mmo community. It's a forum community. A mmo community is the community in-game, and given Cryptic's folly in sticking to the one server/shard design there's never going to be an in-game community. So cheer up, you're lamenting about something that just isn't there, so problem solved.

You are very wrong about the one server = no community...

EVE Online has one of the strongest community's in any MMO and there is only one server...

Without player interaction EVE would become useless as everything is built by the players for the players...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This thread is new and exciting....

That's what I needed, lol. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    You are very wrong about the one server = no community...

EVE Online has one of the strongest community's in any MMO and there is only one server...
    Ya.... ok. You've obviously never played EvE. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Been playing for 6 years and enjoy it very much...

0.0 warfare with 1000+ people on the battlefield is home to me...
  • Options
    edited April 2010

He has, and he's right. EVE is completely community driven. Without its community the game is nothing.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I haven't played EVE in 2 years, but I actually remember the forums as relatively mature and helpful. Certainly I don't remember all the childish rant posts you see on this forum. (I exclude the whole Dev+BOB scandal!)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Popkornn wrote:

As a weapons/ammo trader in Eve - I support this mentality.:D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Roach wrote: »
    As a weapons/ammo trader in Eve - I support this mentality.:D

Where you at? I am currently invading providence with allied forces...

We had a 1,200 man fight the other night to secure sovereignty of a section of providence... good times!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He has, and he's right. EVE is completely community driven. Without its community the game is nothing.

90% of ALL gear in EVE online is made by the players...

That nice new ship you just bought was made by a player, no NPC is just gonna say or here is your new ship for 1 credit...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Naevius wrote:
    I haven't played EVE in 2 years, but I actually remember the forums as relatively mature and helpful. Certainly I don't remember all the childish rant posts you see on this forum. (I exclude the whole Dev+BOB scandal!)

In fairness, you don't see the rants because it isn't the crapfest this game is.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In fairness, you don't see the rants because it isn't the crapfest this game is.

I will give some EVE-haters this, EVE can be boring at times, but when you get into battle or find a new wormhole to travel down it can be very exciting... Holding territory for your alliance or corp and waging wars on the carebear corps!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    While its not the only game I'm playing, I do enjoy it.

I actually just started getting into Mount&Blade's Warband expansion. It started out buggy as can be, but its starting to get playable now!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I seem to remember the early days of WoW and it was just as bad, if not worse.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The WoW forums are still terrible. And personally I think all of the "random dungeon queue" nonsense has really done a lot of damage to their community.
    There's no need to worry about making friends, building a reputation, or even working within a guild. Just click random and go.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Popkornn wrote:

Out of respect for my buddies in our guild that are still playing EvE after the disappointment that STO is, I'll just not comment further about the game.
This discussion has been closed.