What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thats it ..I'm done.

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Theres nothing wrong with raising an alarm, or even voicing your dissastisfaction with a product. However, making things up to support your argument only makes you a liar, and has nothing to do with either of the aforementioned acts.

Grand Nagus, I invite you to please visit your nearest fleet action, spend some time viewing the amount of players in other instances, and please report back.

I couldn't find more than 8 people tonight to do the ds9 fleet action.

Something is seriously going wrong here. It's becoming harder to do a fleet action because of the lack of players.

Maybe that isn't objective enough for you, but I invite you to try it and make your own objective analysis.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok we have different opinions.
    But is it really neceassary to call people liars?
    To question their intelligence?
    To label them Trolls?
    Its commonplace on the forum at the moment.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Blakmojo wrote: »
    They could have done better, but didn't. The game was handed to the wrong development house imo.

Yup they did. Perpetual. If Cryptic got the IP back when Perpetual did, we'd have a much better game right now. But they had to make do with a very short production deadline, and they honestly pulled off a miracle in that timeframe. But obviously the game needs much more added. They're the first to admit this.

That doesn't mean you should pay for the intervening month that happens in if you're not having fun. Only a fool continues to pay for something they don't enjoy at all. So smart move for you to move on. Maybe take a peek back in somewhere after Season 2 gets released if they give a free weekend or something.

If not, you may see me over at TOR. But I wouldn't build your hopes up too much that its going to be the MMORPG to slay all others. They're promising alot, and it remains to be seen how much they deliver. And personally I'm still not digging the wow-like art direction they went with. But I'll give it a try at least.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kirkfat wrote: »
    Grand Nagus, I invite you to please visit your nearest fleet action, spend some time viewing the amount of players in other instances, and please report back.

I couldn't find more than 8 people tonight to do the ds9 fleet action.

Something is seriously going wrong here. It's becoming harder to do a fleet action because of the lack of players.

Maybe that isn't objective enough for you, but I invite you to try it and make your own objective analysis.

You would note the same thing on the average WoW server.

This is a game that people likely won't level many alts through and they also likely won't do lower/mid-level content often on their main.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok we have different opinions.
    But is it really neceassary to call people liars?

Making things up is in fact lying. Saying that( to quote the OP) "STO is hemorrhaging subscribers" is in fact a lie, since the OP has absolutely no knowledge of STO's sub numbers or their retention rate. I agree that people have different opinions, and that is fine. But lying is not simply a difference of opinion, it is just lying.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah anyone honestl thinking th subscriber base isn't shrinking rapidly is either a) not playing the game anymore or b) living in a cave with ear plugs.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Johenric wrote: »
    I did give it a second chance. Foolish me.
    STO is hemorrhaging subscribers and your using resources on yet ANOTHER MMO? Thats like kicking all of us still playing and PAYING this half a game in the junk. WE ARE PAYING THEM TO MAKE ANOTHER MMO while they give some token of the money back to us in drops of content and C-STORE items! OMG.
    Cryptic is a company that cares NOTHING for their games. Cryptic, you are quantity over quality entity.
    STO was released with one quarter, ONE QUARTER, of the content it should have started with. It looks like Star Trek but feels NOTHING like it.
    NO exploration. (you call those areas of the random crud your "glorious" genesis system makes exploration, that's a joke.)
    NO Diplomacy. (you guys claimed to watch Star Trek, if you were you sure were NOT paying attention.)
    Star Trek is 90% diplomacy and the best you could come up with is me answering 5 questions to a miner?
    Some people try to defend you saying its ATARI's fault. No Cryptic, it still comes back to you. You agreed and said you could do something you couldn't do.
    The name "Cryptic" is now a stamp like a cheap car manufacturer. Ya know your buying poor quality if your buying here.

Go ahead, ban me, lock the thread, whatever. This is how a, now once, paying customer honestly feels about this game.

I for one will NEVER buy another game that has anything to do with the Cryptic name again.

Can we have your stuff? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You would note the same thing on the average WoW server.

This is a game that people likely won't level many alts through and they also likely won't do lower/mid-level content often on their main.

Then, it's not attracting new players. The game is certainly not growing. Hence, it is losing subscribers if I can't find more than 8 people doing a fleet action.

And, I don't really consider a Captain level mission to be low-level.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    personae wrote:
    Well I did it a smidge. But I mostly wanted to know what that other MMO was. :p

Accordind to GameSpy and 1up that could be Never Winter Nights. Whatever the (@#* that is.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kirkfat wrote: »

Maybe that something is that many people simply don't enjoy doing Fleet actions? Speaking only for myself I try to avoid them unless forced.

But there were a pretty decent number of people on Tribble earlier when I was there tonight. Even in the fleet action I went in to test Death Penalties. I was purposely trying to get myself killed alone, and people kept swinging by to help. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Making things up is in fact lying. Saying that( to quote the OP) "STO is hemorrhaging subscribers" is in fact a lie, since the OP has absolutely no knowledge of STO's sub numbers or their retention rate. I agree that people have different opinions, and that is fine. But lying is not simply a difference of opinion, it is just lying.

You don't have accurate sub numbers yourself, the OP could be correct.
    But you are so certain and comfortable with your opinion and calling him a liar?
    You are accussing the OP of the same thing you are doing right now.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Personally, I see a lot of conjecture propagated by paranoia. Drawing conclusions that have no basis for legitimacy, this is a scapegoat reason for someone that just plain doesn’t like the game and uses a weak excuse for ranting/venting.

The segregation for being a blue is a little disturbing, some other LTS have displayed their frustrations/concerns, and this shouldn’t be brought into the discussion.

Could the game have more content? Yes it could, especially at end-game. However, the team is preparing season 2, STF’s, a streamlined version of crafting, open pvp sectors, and diplomacy/exploration additions for the game. So is a lot more content coming? Yes indeed, I for one am looking forward too these additions.

The Dev’s are communicating with the players and drawing feedback and giving out information in current/future plans. They are being civil and open minded.

I don’t see this thread being valid, but only another reason to start flames amongst the community.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Meh. I don't need evidence to believe that STO is losing subscribers. I can simply fall back on the following tidbits and be fairly certain:

1. all MMOs lose subscribers after the trial period ends.
    2. STO is not sufficiently polished to hold even a casual gamer's attention past a couple months.
    3. The bad reviews and negativity on these forums turn a lot of people off as well.
    4. I log in and I see fewer shards/find groups for pvp/fleet actions more slowly or have to go without a full group

That's sufficient for me to claim the STO subscribership is going down.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    2. STO is not sufficiently polished to hold even a casual gamer's attention past a couple months.

Not everyone is an admiral yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You are accussing the OP of the same thing you are doing right now.

Unsurprisingly, you are wrong again. I am not making up anything and trying to pass it off as truth. STO may be "hemorrhaging subscribers", and it may not. I simply dont know. But the OP doesnt know either, and therefore for him to say that it IS is a lie.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lol. Why are the people defending this game inevitably the ones with an avatar surrounded by blue?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Unsurprisingly, you are wrong again. I am not making up anything and trying to pass it off as truth. STO may be "hemorrhaging subscribers", and it may not. I simply dont know. But the OP doesnt know either, and therefore for him to say that it IS is a lie.

Um no? He is making a claim that may or may not be true. Vis a vis he may or may not be lieing.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lol. Why are the people defending this game inevitably the ones with an avatar surrounded by blue?

Who said anything about defending the game? I enjoy exposing all people who fabricate facts to support their argument, whether that argument is for or against the game. That is the same reason why I kept refuting the people who said STO had 1 million subs, which was false(it actually had 1 million accounts created on the website, but those are free to make).
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Why are people trying to flame, inevitably the ones with Atari/cryptic in flames for a avatar that have been here for the past 4 months?
  • Options
    edited April 2010

do you know they actually edited their avatars to have the blue? yeah. only their name and title is supposed to be blue. lawl. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    People act like we can't like the game because we have lifetime subscriptions. We are just defending Cryptic. I like the game. I know we lost players. I know we have problems. They are fixing problems and adding content.

To be honest I am glad we are losing a lot of these players. They constantly flame and insult everyone. Complain we don't have enough content after getting new content. We get tons of fixes it's not the ones they want. Complaining about C-store. If you don't like C-store don't use it.

We are here posting because we like the game and we want to make it better. We really don't care that you don't like it. It's your choice.

You are posting because you don't like the game want people to feel the way you do. You want to hurt the game. When we call out some of the things said that aren't true. We are called fanboi's.

I knew when I bought the lifetime subscription it could fail or they change it in a way I didn't like. I thought about it two weeks. I liked what I played in STO enough in open beta to risk it. I consider my $240.00 spent when I made the purchase.You better believe when I don't like this game I will quit. I want insult those that do like it when I leave.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sizman wrote:
    Why are people trying to flame, inevitably the ones with Atari/cryptic in flames for a avatar that have been here for the past 4 months?

I'm the only one who bothers posting in these forums anymore try again?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm the only one who bothers posting in these forums anymore try again?

I have to say... It makes more sense for somebody who dropped a few hundred dollars on a game to at least try to give it the benefit of the doubt against people who say, "It's over" than for people to pay a monthly fee and post on the forums for a game they've decided is doomed.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Englebert wrote:
    You are posting because you don't like the game want people to feel the way you do. You want to hurt the game. When we call out some of the things said that aren't true. We are called fanboi's.

I post b/c I want the game to be better. Always have. I'm just unable to get past the game's general crappiness.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have to say... It makes more sense for somebody who dropped a few hundred dollars on a game to at least try to give it the benefit of the doubt against people who say, "It's over" than for people to pay a monthly fee and post on the forums for a game they've decided is doomed.

Naw. Sunk cost. It makes sense for me to do whatever maximizes my utility while having access to this game. At the moment,

posting in forums > the game

and I wouldn't bother doing that much except I'm watching South Park too.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I post b/c I want the game to be better. Always have. I'm just unable to get past the game's general crappiness.

Insulting it in every post isn't trying to make it better.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

What are you doing to fix that aside from namecalling?

I have been very critical of Cryptic on some points. Nagus has on MANY points. And even a rant is useful if it has something new a dev can walk away with from it.

But I'm not sure what you're asking for that can be done without a time machine.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I would believe it if I saw more constructive critism than flame posts from you. Instead your posts pretty much end up like this:

Crappy game
    Game is dead
    Fanboi to the rescue
    No facts to support the game is currently running, cause its dead.
    Dev's are computer bots programmed to tell us what we want.

etc.etc.etc.

Did I extrapolate? Sure, same method as these doom threads are based from.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    What are you doing to fix that aside from namecalling?

I have been very critical of Cryptic on some points. Nagus has on MANY points. And even a rant is useful if it has something new a dev can walk away with from it.

But I'm not sure what you're asking for that can be done without a time machine.
    Namecalling?
    Let me tell you i've been called moronic, had my intelligence questioned and called a Troll on this forum the last few days.
    Devs have posted in the same threads and totally ignored what was occurring.
    Most of it has come from the Blue Lifers.
    Does it make you proud?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Namecalling?
    Let me tell you i've been called moronic, had my intelligence questioned and called a Troll on this forum the last few days.
    Devs have posted in the same threads and totally ignored what was occurring.
    Most of it has come from the Blue Lifers.
    Does it make you proud?

Am I responsible for what other lifers do? We aren't an organized group.
This discussion has been closed.