test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Server Disconnection

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited April 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Is anyone else getting constant issues with the server connetion.

I havent been able to play today for more than 5 min without being disconnected and having to start missions over again and i thought yesterday was bad.

Im thinking a free months usage for everybody bearing in mind basic issues like this should of been sorted out during or before beta testing. Server issues for a completely online game is abit silly now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm having the same issue today. Everything has been fine the past couple of days.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Been happening to me since several hours before patch. before that it was only once an hour i would get server disconnected and before that it was fine.

Been posing all over an used the website to open a ticket since i cant open a ticket before i get disconnected again in game. Also its all my characters well didn't try my klingon but all 3 fed who are in 3 diff zones.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Now I keep getting Disconnected from the login server. When I can get this far.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I haven't been able to get more than 5 mins on since Monday.

Its doing my head in, along with my recent TR-116 rifle problem I am getting pushed to the edge of my limits, they need to get these things sorted!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yep, getting constant disconnects, can't enter the game at all!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm getting this too. I get disconnected from the login server most times and if I manage to get into the game at all, I usually get disconnected within a few seconds.
    At least its changed from the "You are not allowed to access this server" message that I got most of yesterday.
    It would be nice after shelling close to £200 all in for this game to be able to play it without all these connection problems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ever since the patch this morning, I have been able to log into the game 2 times. When I do log into the game, the first time I load a sector/system, I get a server not responding and booted out. When I try to login the other times I get an autoupdate patcher connection trying 6+ times, unable to authenticate at the patcher, login server timed out trying to get the the character screen.

I have done the following things;

1- Set to run as admin.
    2- Run patcher with/without Proxy settings.
    3- Force verified files.
    4- Updated drivers.
    5- Restarted.

I am running my comp on windows vista 32bit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Evesbane wrote: »
    Ever since the patch this morning, I have been able to log into the game 2 times. When I do log into the game, the first time I load a sector/system, I get a server not responding and booted out. When I try to login the other times I get an autoupdate patcher connection trying 6+ times, unable to authenticate at the patcher, login server timed out trying to get the the character screen.

I have done the following things;

1- Set to run as admin.
    2- Run patcher with/without Proxy settings.
    3- Force verified files.
    4- Updated drivers.
    5- Restarted.

I am running my comp on windows vista 32bit.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit home edition. And I tried everything Evesbane did.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its not just you. I also keep getting booted. the most frustrating thing is after logging in after the boot, ht starts loading the sector and freezes. i've tried everything and nothings working. I've waited years for this game to finally come out, spent the extra cash for the collectors eddition only to have cryptic and atari have server issues? I don't get it, cryptic studios runs City of heroes, they should have the server issues down pat by now, and besides who was the geneus who decided to launch an mmo based of a popular sci-fi franchise thats been around almost 40 years and use only one server?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Im getting this too, it happens to me on most long quests and the transitions between the different parts of it too.
    Ive been disconected and had sever crashes about 10 times in 3 hours!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I logged in using safe mode and was able to finish the mission i was on and a little more but then server errors started again.

At fist i though uping the graphics to normal messed it up again but then i left it on low and it still happened.

So i cant pin it down.

Yeah im a lifer as well so very frustrating. I just want to play before the rest of my vacation i used up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was able to log in with safe mode and I entered and exited a system with no server not responding message. I hope this works.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Their servers are breaking. It's becoming annoying getting dropped everytime you want to transition into a new zone. Their servers are like people going "lalalala" with their fingers in their ears when new instance requests are made.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Paying over $100.00 for a game requiring Subscription's and consisting of online based content... and then only being able to "sample" my wares for a total of LESS THAN 15mins for the ENTIRE first 36 Hrs, is not really providing much enthusiasim for this customer. Dont get me wrong, the idea of a MMO based on Star Trek, provides for plenty of enthusiasim, but gameplay would be much better.

So what should this player do at the end of their pre-purchased subscription... pay some more, and hope THIS TIME it gets fixed...?

Also as others have pointed out, the maintenance timing is terrible for Oceanic players, if this is to be a set and recurring occurence. :mad:

5.6Mbit DSL
    High spec PC

"Connection to the login server timed out" (Whilst loading)
    "Server not responding" (while second series of loading screens displayed)

Unable to login and play past 3rd turboshaft... at the beginning :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well another 3 days have passed, and WAHOO... I have gotten another 3 seconds online...

C'mon guys... where is my $100.00 value of gaming??? :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't even know what's up? I'm kind of starting to think that it may be my computer or at least a compatibility issue between the game and my computer. I used to play City of Heroes, and I swear, the same thing would happen to me on that game as well. When I first started playing, it wasn't so bad, and as I've been going on, it kind of get's worse and worse. I'm wondering if it's a problem with Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else getting this today? cant stay logged in more that 5-8 minutes. sometimes only lets me stay on for 10 seconds.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else getting this today? cant stay logged in more that 5-8 minutes. sometimes only lets me stay on for 10 seconds.

lucky you.. i get unable to authenticate.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i have not been able to login to the game today at all. i am not happy about it either! it will not login to the server at all. it times out and sends me back to login screen. says go to the support page and it doesnt even work at all either. the website does not work he he and im not happy about that either!!!
    soul-scorcher
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They had to take the server down. Check out this thread;

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=144774
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SORT OUT THE *SERVER NOT RESPONDING* DAM SICK OF THIS, PLAY A LOT OF MMO'S AND NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH BAD, NO ABSOLUTE TRIBBLE SERVER PROBLEMS!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If you are having disconnection issues, please submit a Tech ticket at http://www.startrekonline.com/support/tech

Alternately, you can post in the PC & Technical Support forum for help troubleshooting the issue.

No matter where you post, please include whatever error messages you see, where you experience the disconnection, and as many details as possible. Without additional information, we cannot investigate further or help you resolve the issue.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GM_Litana wrote:
    If you are having disconnection issues, please submit a Tech ticket at http://www.startrekonline.com/support/tech

Alternately, you can post in the PC & Technical Support forum for help troubleshooting the issue.

No matter where you post, please include whatever error messages you see, where you experience the disconnection, and as many details as possible. Without additional information, we cannot investigate further or help you resolve the issue.

OK....it happens on every map, in every sector, in every mission. I can stand still in a starbase and get booted. I can fly around in empty space and get booted, I can try a mission and get booted. Serioulsy, this isnt a joke. The game is UNPLAYABLE and did not start till after the update. I get 3 minutes tops before I get booted, doesnt matter what I do. Its not my machine or my connection, this is not the only game I I play online and this is THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES THIS!

Im going to add my two cents here, this game has been a mess since I bought it. This is SWG all over again. Cryptic, get your act togather NOW! I am a paying customer and have yet to be able to enjoy this game due to either crippling bugs or **** poor server preformance. No joke, its that bad and Im not just *****ing to *****. Please help, I want to play this game.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Slimduce wrote: »
    OK....it happens on every map, in every sector, in every mission. I can stand still in a starbase and get booted. I can fly around in empty space and get booted, I can try a mission and get booted. Serioulsy, this isnt a joke. The game is UNPLAYABLE and did not start till after the update. I get 3 minutes tops before I get booted, doesnt matter what I do. Its not my machine or my connection, this is not the only game I I play online and this is THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES THIS!

Im going to add my two cents here, this game has been a mess since I bought it. This is SWG all over again. Cryptic, get your act togather NOW! I am a paying customer and have yet to be able to enjoy this game due to either crippling bugs or **** poor server preformance. No joke, its that bad and Im not just *****ing to *****. Please help, I want to play this game.

I forgot to add something here, everytime I exit out of the game it opens right back up by itself and I get a message the atempted view is invalid. Happens every single time.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Please, just send in the Tech Support ticket. There is something going that is causing you to constantly disconnect, when I know that many people are able to play just fine. Tech support can help rule out many causes and hopefully get you back in game. Without information about your specific setup, connection, etc., we cannot figure out what is causing your issue.