test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wrath of Khan uniform with open jacket flap?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I'm aware of (and have used) the "Admiral's Uniform" code. My character is currently wearing the jacket. However, the other day while I was wandering around on Starbase 01, I saw a player wiho had the uniform but with the jacket flap open.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the presence of mind to take a screen shot, so the skeptical among you will have to do without proof for now.

I'd like to know where/how the player got this variation, as if it's possible I'd love to have it as well.

I, and another player who spotted the jacket in question, sent tells to the player asking about the uniform, but got no response.

I have searched these forums, asked around in game, and googled every way of describing this that I can think of, with only one result. There is a thread here in which the original poster has also seen it, but doesn't know where it comes from.

So, does anyone have any insight into this?

UPDATE!

I saw the player again, grabbed some quick screen shots. Unfortunately, all my graphics settings were low for performance reasons, and she ran off before I could get them changed to take a better shot.

Screenshots:
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/grydan/screenshot_2010-02-23-11-50-16.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/grydan/screenshot_2010-02-23-11-50-22.jpg

I also managed to get a response from her this time... however, the response was her asking, in German, if I spoke German... which I don't. This does give some weight to the theory that it was a European offer, though.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Seems like you're going to have to post that screenie first.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ugh i hated the open flap
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Updated with screenshots.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My suspicion is that it was enabled due toe a costume bug.

It seems VERY like to me that the expanded movie era uniform set will be up for Cryptic Points in the C-Store eventually.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Where might one get the "Admiral's Uniform" code?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Where might one get the "Admiral's Uniform" code?
    JIH MUSHA SOH
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JIH MUSHA SOH

Uhhh.....wha?:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thats the code just enter it on the site and voila you get the uniform
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Radge wrote:

Oh...thanks guys!!:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I want the sweet away team coat with the phat collar up.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Grydan wrote: »
    I also managed to get a response from her this time... however, the response was her asking, in German, if I spoke German... which I don't. This does give some weight to the theory that it was a European offer, though.

You didn't keep her @handle, did you? Because if you did I would ask her. However, I've seen it on the BO's in a video of STOked, so it's probably not European-only.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    K-Tar wrote:
    You didn't keep her @handle, did you? Because if you did I would ask her. However, I've seen it on the BO's in a video of STOked, so it's probably not European-only.

We're sure it wasn't an NPC? Unless my recollection's off, there's an NPC at the Captain's Table with the TWOK open-flap uniform top...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I could never see the point in the flap. Just reminded me of a built in bib or something.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In the screen shots you did take it seems that the characters open coat flap is seriously marred by her gigantic TRIBBLE. Further leading me to believe that that German gal is really a German dude.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just got a reply from the great Phoxe on this via twitter:
    @PjhN I certainly do! It's a different uniform altogether! Wrath of Khan {Open} or something similar.

So there you go! Next question of course is "Where do we get them from?!". lol
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PjhN wrote: »
    I just got a reply from the great Phoxe on this via twitter:

So there you go! Next question of course is "Where do we get them from?!". lol

That's what I've been asking anyone who'll listen for 2 days lol
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hmm very cool. Why does that screenie remind me of the one eye gal in Kill Bill? lol
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It looks like a horrible graphic glitch and not a open flap so now that we know its a actual uniform my question is why does it look like TRIBBLE?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I want to know how to get this.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Radge wrote:

its still actual? if i try to enter it on sto-hp it even corrects itself to a code without "-"s,
    but then it is said this code wouldnt be correct...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Would still really like to find out some concrete evidence on this. Would love to have the open flap on this uniform.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    vironica wrote: »
    It looks like a horrible graphic glitch and not a open flap so now that we know its a actual uniform my question is why does it look like TRIBBLE?
    Because the OP had ridiculously low graphical settings when he took the pictures.

I've seen it too, on a male character. Took me a moment to notice and realize what it was, I didn't think to ask about it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Uhhh.....wha?:confused:

enter it where please?
    :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I too want to know how to get this uniform. I've seen a few players wearing it but can't find any info on how to get it. Was it a special gift for joining some event?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just the other day I was thinking it would be nice to have the open flap version. I haven't seen this in-game yet though.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I too want to know how to get this uniform. I've seen a few players wearing it but can't find any info on how to get it. Was it a special gift for joining some event?

Heh, got it! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Its for Game Press people, so said like 5 people at Captain's table, one of them with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Its for Game Press people, so said like 5 people at Captain's table, one of them with it.

Ah, really? Dang. Well, at least we got our answer. Thanks man.

Here's hoping for a C-Store addition in the future, anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    daadamo wrote: »
    ...the characters open coat flap is seriously marred by her gigantic TRIBBLE. Further leading me to believe that that German gal is really a German dude.
    QFT! :)

I, too, thought this was only an NPC variant from the Captain's Table. I have since seen it on players as well.
    Its for Game Press people
    What do you mean by "Game Press" people? Is that a specific store that offered this exclusively?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Avai wrote: »
    What do you mean by "Game Press" people? Is that a specific store that offered this exclusively?

I believe he meant people from the gaming press. Like people from game reporting sites. Not a clue if this is actually true or not, but I do know Chris from STOked has the open jacket but no idea how he got it. (And no, before someone says it, its not a council thing since it popped up in the podcasts prior to that.)