test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No sound at all?!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I can't seem to get any sound at all when playing the game and have turned evrything up max and checked all of the settings but doesn't work. Anyone know what i can do?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    /bump /sigh
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A tad more information would be nice.
    a) Do you only have no sound in STO or in general?
    b) What's your sound card?
    c) Did you update your drivers for your sound card?
    d) Are your speakers turned on?
    e) Do you have another sound-using application running at the same time (Skype, Ventrilo, winamp, iTunes, etc...)

Give us more information and we might have an easier time helping out. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i got sound when not in game and i dont have anything else runnign i just got no sound in game. i Rebooted messed with the mutes and stuff but cant seem to get sound.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm in the same camp here. Yesterday, sound was fine. Today, it's gone in-game only. All other systems have sound just fine (media player, other games, etc)... at first, I thought it was my mistake, as I'd just gotten a new desk and had to unplug everything- thought I had the audio jack in the wrong port, but nope.

Logged out and exited completely... logged back in, and I'm fine now though.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same thing here actually, I seem to have a Conexant sound driver if I was gathering my information right. Have been looking all over the forums to see if I can find a fix for it.

I can say that before this most recent patch that my sound worked fine in the game so not sure what was done in the patch to change that or whatever.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So, yesterday I reinstalled the entire game on my computer, didn't resolve the issue. Later something told me to take a more detailed look at pretty much every little sound detail for my settings out of the game.

Here is one that I found under Sounds and Audio Devices Properties.

Tab Voice: Voice Recording: CD Audio - Please note that it is a slider option if it is there. Mine I noticed was all the way down, I simply put that up to around 50% and as it turned out it seemed to effect hearing in game audio as well.

So here is the scoop I am running a XP edition of Windows not 64 bit either, my sound driver wasn't the Realtek one as I have been reading having the errors. Maybe someone else might come across this post with no sound and find some use if I haven't encrypted it too much in my own Borg sense of wording things.