test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Its not Cryptic's fault its YOUR fault.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Keep hearing ppl comaplain about the pacth being late.....Now im not a cryptic fanboy infact Im sure they will tell you with making topics like this

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=136534

I have become one of the more unruley Klingons around.....but the reason the patch is late is YOU.I log on the test realm and how many ppl do I see? 3 maybe 4 if im lucky YOU are not on there doing YOUR job , how and the hell can you except them to do thiers?

Get off your lazy butts , get on the test realm and FIND these bugs , the faster we find them the FASTER we get the patch........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Synacus wrote: »
    Keep hearing ppl comaplain about the pacth being late.....Now im not a cryptic fanboy infact Im sure they will tell you with making topics like this

I have become one of the more unruley Klingons around.....but the reason the patch is late is YOU.I log on the test realm and how many ppl do I see? 3 maybe 4 if im lucky YOu are not on there doing YOUR job , how and the hell can you except them to do thiers?

Get off your lazy butts , get on the test realm and FIND these bugs , the faster we find them the FASTER we get the patch........

The patch is late... There is no excuse...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    The patch is late... There is no excuse...

yes becuse of YOU , get to work lazy.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I have become one of the more unruley Klingons around.....but the reason the patch is late is YOU.I log on the test realm and how many ppl do I see? 3 maybe 4 if im lucky YOU are not on there doing YOUR job , how and the hell can you except them to do thiers?

It's not my *JOB* to be on the test server. The test server is a choice.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Haha, this is funny thread. Yea get your lazy butts to work... you pay Cryptic money and you expect them to work for those money??? Think again... you are here to work on test servers, not Cryptic employees =]]]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Excorant wrote: »
    Haha, this is funny thread. Yea get your lazy butts to work... you pay Cryptic money and you expect them to work for those money??? Think again... you are here to work on test servers, not Cryptic employees =]]]

I except them to do thier job and FIX the bugs , its your job to TEST and FIND the bugs.....keeps getting pushed back becuase they will find out a major bug right before it drops .......if we ALL are on there WE find the Bugs FASTER , they get fixed FASTER , and we then GET the pacth......

or we can just keep doing it your way....waiting months for 3 devs to test the full game....hmmmm
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I have become one of the more unruley Klingons around.....but the reason the patch is late is YOU. I log on the test realm and how many ppl do I see? 3 maybe 4 if im lucky YOU are not on there doing YOUR job , how and the hell can you except them to do thiers?

Good Point. Unfortunately my Internet can not support a 10 gb download (100kb download max and no there is no other internet available and I live 20 miles outside a large US City believe it or not). I had to purchase a hardcopy of the game instead of a direct download for this very reason. It took almost 8 hours for my game to patch up when I started my sub.

If I had a decent download bandwidth, I would be on Tribble testing and filing bug reports. I imagine there are many others in a similar situation. I cannot justify downloading a 10 gb test client that most likely will only be valid and useful for a day or two after the two days it would take to download it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I except them to do thier job and FIX the bugs , its your job to TEST and FIND the bugs.....keeps getting pushed back becuase they will find out a major bug right before it drops .......if we ALL are on there WE find the Bugs FASTER , they get fixed FASTER , and we then GET the pacth......

or we can just keep doing it your way....waiting months for 3 devs to test the full game....hmmmm

This thread has become worthless...

Obvious Troll is Obvious
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    This thread has become worthless...

Obvious Troll is Obvious

Obvious lazyperson is Obvious.....now lets get up off your butt and do some testing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Actually the patch being late is my fault. I cannot say how exactly because if I did the guys at Cryptic would hunt down my family...

Just trust me its all my fault.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Obvious lazyperson is Obvious.....now lets get up off your butt and do some testing.

I don't actually play STO anymore...

Lifetime Subscription is Obvious...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Gardavil wrote:
    Good Point. Unfortunately my Internet can not support a 10 gb download (100kb download max and no there is no other internet available and I live 20 miles outside a large US City believe it or not). I had to purchase a hardcopy of the game instead of a direct download for this very reason. It took almost 8 hours for my game to patch up when I started my sub.

If I had a decent download bandwidth, I would be on Tribble testing and filing bug reports. I imagine there are many others in a similar situation. I cannot justify downloading a 10 gb test client that most likely will only be valid and useful for a day or two after the two days it would take to download it.

Dam that sucks , thanks for supporting the topic tho now the rest of us need find dem bugs.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dam that sucks , thanks for supporting the topic tho now the rest of us need find dem bugs.

You are the one in here... Shouldn't you be finding bugs?

Hippocrates...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It doesnt download 10 gigs its an error in the patcher. It copies most of that 11 gigs from files you already have on your hard drive. Cryptic likes to confuse people with that launcher. I use a bandwidth monitor and see exactly how much it downloads. I think it was less than 900 megs of data it downloaded the rest it copied.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

No, its not my job. I pay them money, they support me with Live server game, thats all there is. I wont pay anyone my money so that i can work for him - thats such a funny idea, maybe I can ask my neighbour if he doesnt want to pay me 100 euro and then come to repair my fridge.

But you are free to play on test server of course if you like it. Just dont say its players job to find out bugs, because it simply isnt.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    if they pay me to test i will, otherwise add content i want to test and then i will do it for free
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've only seen a few people complaining about it, and it is Cryptics job doing that, not us (though i do enjoy being on tribble, always happy to help and try new things)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:
    It doesnt download 10 gigs its an error in the patcher. It copies most of that 11 gigs from files you already have on your hard drive. Cryptic likes to confuse people with that launcher. I use a bandwidth monitor and see exactly how much it downloads. I think it was less than 900 megs of data it downloaded the rest it copied.

I just found a bug with the patcher showing the wrong download size, I have reported it to Cryptic... I am done testing for the day...
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Your welcome, as a former Player Tester with a number of MMOs I can understand your frustration. STO is just too big of a download for me unfortunately... and almost every new MMO gets bigger...

Meanwhile the Internet infrastructure in the US isn't getting any better, in fact the Nodes are showing signs of overuse and age.... a subject for another thread.

Good Luck with Testing and I hope many others join you soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've only seen a few people complaining about it, and it is Cryptics job doing that, not us (though i do enjoy being on tribble, always happy to help and try new things)

This is me I like trying out new stuff before it hits live. If I find bugs I report them but mainly I am there to preview the new content. Doesn't cryptic have paid QA/Testers? If not no wonder all these bugs go unnoticed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    You are the one in here... Shouldn't you be finding bugs?

Hippocrates...

True. It's his fault for being here posting and not practicing what he preaches.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

please tell me how it is my fault that they dont deliver on anything? is it also my fault that they launched the game with hardly any content? is it my fault they dont make quality mmo's? is it my fault that they dont know how to keep people around their games? is it my fault that they did mass bannings/post locking and deleting because people were unhappy with the game?

i thought not, please troll harder next time as this is the weakest attempt i have ever seen.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:

Interesting, this conflicts with what is said on the Tribble page as I understood it, that it was a 10 gig download. Perhaps maybe.... time to research more.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    True. It's his fault for being here posting and not practicing what he preaches.

Im on right now just reported a bug while I was there on Qo'nos selling items , wtf are you two talking about?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Remember, WORK HARDER!! Hundreds of Cryptic employees rely on you for a paycheck! Get on those test forums and just take it when they fail to do their jobs!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    sarid wrote: »
    please tell me how it is my fault that they dont deliver on anything? is it also my fault that they launched the game with hardly any content? is it my fault they dont make quality mmo's? is it my fault that they dont know how to keep people around their games? is it my fault that they did mass bannings/post locking and deleting because people were unhappy with the game?

i thought not, please troll harder next time as this is the weakest attempt i have ever seen.

ya when its YOu droping the ball i'm a troll when we are bashing a company that has no idea how many bugs are in the game , but we blame them for being late its a thoughful post huh?

less typey more worky
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    everytime i go to the test server there no one at but me, went in again this mornin no one lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Remember, WORK HARDER!! Hundreds of Cryptic employees rely on you for a paycheck! Get on those test forums and just take it when they fail to do their jobs!

We can keep doing it your way Im on the test realm enjoy the new content , you can stay off the test realms and make your wait longer no skin off me.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Playing on Tribble only benefits you in the end. Yeah you can whine all day about the patch being delayed but in the end you can only blame yourself for that if you didn't take the time to jump on Tribble and help hunt some bugs. By not doing so you'll never know if had you done so that you might have found that issue soon enough that it might have enabled Cryptic to resolve it sooner and not have delayed X patch. Props to everyone who does put some time in on Tribble.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ya when its YOu droping the ball i'm a troll when we are bashing a company that has no idea how many bugs are in the game , but we blame them for being late its a thoughful post huh?

less typey more worky

you never even read what i said, fail some more please.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    sarid wrote: »
    you never even read what i said, fail some more please.

naw I didn't you called me a troll so I didnt bother , you want to be heard and treated like a adult act like one by not insulting others.