Install Arc
Options

Respect a joke ??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A respec should never let you change your class. Period. No need to even continue the thread.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I didn't, every skill on my RA5 after I did my respec is what I wanted and at 9.

The respec skip the forced points ditribution of the lower ranks ?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The respec skip the forced points ditribution of the lower ranks ?

No but theyve added new abilities to the list, so they are obviously working the system. Its shocking they cant change something over night isnt it?

lazy pak'leds they are.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have a question : Why doing a respec when you're forced to take skills you don't want in a broken skills tree and with a cap who broke everything ?

Oh another anti-capper. The skill cap broke nothing, stop whining.

@ OP: what's the point of being able to change your class? What's next? Change the race? Then why playing a character at all?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Foss wrote: »
    Sorry for you, but in SWG with a respect you can change your profession... not here

With the system of SWG, I could change the profession and keep my level up

So, Im a science LV45, and with the respec I can be tactician LV45....

But its not possible in STO...

:eek:

Different system. In the original Star Wars Galaxies the class changed multiple times during game-play. this means that at a fundamental level of the game design the classes were changeable even though after the NGE classes became fixed and more normal. The underlying functionality was still in place to allow class changes. Hence when you were offered a respec you could indeed change everything including class.

Most other games on the other hand do not offer that level of respec-ability. For example, WOW allows you to respec all your points but you cannot change class. This is the most common model for respec, basically the game designers do not want you to be able to swap full classes at a whim. As this reduces the re-playability of the game.

Gadareth
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zepath wrote: »
    A respec should never let you change your class. Period. No need to even continue the thread.

/agree

If you want to play another class, roll a new toon, that's it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    A normal respec, what this game has, is just a skills.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    At the moment its easier to reroll than respec :p got my Efrosian to RA 5 and decided I wanted a little more spank and was willing to sacrifice my tank, so I made a Betazoid and he's RA 4 now, could be 5 but atm i'm reading some horus heresy novels.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cross82 wrote:
    A normal respec, what this game has, is just a skills.

A normal respec resets all the skillpoints you've spent, not the class you chose at creation.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I tried the respec on the tribble server.
    And,
    I can't change my profession ???

:eek: a joke ?

it's not a true respect.

I have a better idea!!!

When you log into the game if you have leveled ONCE it will simply come up and give you a list of premade toons for you to play with, so we can skip this silly respec thing.

We should also give these premade toons simpler names too, so that we don't confuse people, how bout 'solider', 'medic', and the like....

No?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ramierez wrote: »
    A normal respec resets all the skillpoints you've spent, not the class you chose at creation.

That's just what I said. Did you not read what I posted or something?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cross82 wrote:
    That's just what I said. Did you not read what I posted or something?

Quoted the wrong post, sorry Cross :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sorry for you, but in SWG with a respect you can change your profession -
    I stopped reading there.

First, it's RESPEC. NOT RESPECT.

see that little T you wrote at the end? Yeah, that letter doesn't go there!

Secondly, Pre-NGE SWG had you unlearn classes for the sake of sandbox persistency. Rolling a new toon was impossible due to 1 toon per server limit, not to mention difficult due to the game's much more competitive economy system.
    Post-NGE SWG's Respecs were a matter of appeasing what little players were LEFT after they dropped that abomination of an 'update', since they so politely gutted the entire profession system for meaning and value.

Not that it matters, because the real joke here is SWG even being mentioned.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sorry for you, but in SWG with a respect you can change your profession... not here

you could always go back to swg, nub
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Not entirely true.

In SWG, if you are level 90 in certain professions, say crafting, you can change to a different level 90 crafter. But you cannot exchange 90 levels in crafting for 90 levels in combat or entertainer.

That system caused people to level 90 in the easiest profession... I believe 3+ hours total time to level 90 for structures, then you could insta-change to any of the other three crafting professions.

You still have to level up 90 levels in three distinct professions to be able to respec any direction.

Then you still cannot have unlimited skills in all areas as some have requested with no skill cap.

In teh famous words of Syndrome (the incredibles)

".... *Everyone* can be super! And when everyone's super--

[chuckles evilly]

--no one will be. "

• Options
    edited March 2010
    I

Y'know, there's a faction who claims that it's so easy to hit the level cap in a relatively short time. Maybe you should just start a *new* character ((:eek:)). Who knows? You might want to save yourself time and expense going back and forth between respecs (and rerolls, if such a creature existed). Maybe you'd want to have 1 of each class, just in case your Fleet needs a certain class on short notice.

Just my 2 trillion ECs worth.

Agreed, 100%

If you want an engineer, build an engineer.

Want a science officer, build one. Tactical? Knock yourself out.

That way you can 'plug and play', changing your roles for whatever the situation demands... of course, that would mean that Cryptic would have to allow for at least two free character slots and charge for a third.... but they'll never do that.

Wait.... :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sorry, I gave up respecting jokes after Andrew Dice Clay.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Man, this thread is full of... well... full of something and it smells bad!

To who ever keeps bring up SWG and the NGE send me a pm so I can get your address so I can send you my therapy bills. Thanks. :rolleyes: