Install Arc
Options

Banned from chat for zero reason

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes it is for 12 hours, not an actual "ban".

I am dying with anticipation at the GM ticket reply.

Who did you **** off???

Maybe you kept posting on the channels and it irritated some people...
    Who knows????
    Keep us posted I'm sure we would like to hear and know what happened.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have been playing MMO's since SWG beta, I am not an idiot, I am not a spammer, I know how to scroll chat. Clearly you think everyone knows this, just like they know where Sulu is! No one misclicks ever right? Just stop trying to act like you know more on a subject you clearly are miss-informed on. Sometimes when someone tells you the sky is blue, it actually is blue. SHOCKING I KNOW!

But hey if you don't want to take my word for it, I can just go to my forums and tell my fleet to add you to ignore so you can experience the joy yourself.

Let me know hotshot.:cool:
    Looks like you are working on a ban here on the forum as well with your threats. You can lead a horse to water......
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    VanCaptain wrote: »
    I think we can all see the reason why you was banned, let me guess, making threats on Zone chat about being put on your uber fleets ignore list? Informing other people that there opinions are wrong becase your TRIBBLE I mean god almighty?

The system clearly works becuase it silenced a fool like you, as some say, when in-game, if you got nothing relevant or nice to say.. STFU.

What? First off I didn't threaten. Read what he wrote, read what I wrote in response. He doesn't believe how the situation unfolded to the point of being insulting. I simply provided him a vehicle in which to prove the incident. This somehow equates to me being elitist and threatening?

WOW.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What? First off I didn't threaten. Read what he wrote, read what I wrote in response. He doesn't believe how the situation unfolded to the point of being insulting. I simply provided him a vehicle in which to prove the incident. This somehow equates to me being elitist and threatening?

WOW.

Your still not getting it, if you argue and threatern people with being put on your fleets ignore list on the forums then I'm going to assume your this obnoxious and arguementative in game aswell...tadda I think we found out the source of your 24 hour silence.

*gives pie*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Someone say Pie?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing you deserved your silencing.
    Originally Posted by GM_Destra
    Hey All!

The functionality regarding this system is currently being reviewed.

We've seen a fair share of claims from players stating that they were silenced for no reason at all. When we investigate these claims, so far we have always found the silencing to be legit, but I wouldn't say we're finished optimizing the system yet.

We'll be going over the logs that relate to this functionality over the next few days to analyze how effective the system has been and if there are any areas where we need to turn the various dials up or down.

Current Goals:
    1.) Ensure that the system is strict enough to keep the channels clear of advertising
    2.) Ensure that the system is not so strict that we risk silencing innocent players
    3.) Ensure that we have a way to identify and take action against actions players who abuse the system (currently we do have a way but I'd like it to be a little faster)

-GM Destra

Note the highlighted red and green parts.

It takes an unknown number (but more than one) of persons reporting you for spam to silence you. Quit spamming zone with BS and you won't get silenced. Problem solved.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No my account wasn't TRIBBLE. I have a scary suspicion that if someone accidentally clicks on YOUR name for spam, they don't even check and suspend you. It is the only viable and logical conclusion I can reach.

I opened a ticket and really can't wait to hear their reason. And yes I will post an update, cause this is LOL fail on their part.

It takes more than one person to "accidentally" click your name to flag you as a spammer.
    But hey if you don't want to take my word for it, I can just go to my forums and tell my fleet to add you to ignore so you can experience the joy yourself.

Let me know hotshot.:cool:

You're an idiot, and now I'm going to report you here, nice work hotshot.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mike111 wrote:
    So why did you bring this to us? Your beef is with Cryptic. This thread probably violoates the Forum policies too so you might expect Forum slap on the wrist soon too.

Probably because:
    • it's a ridiculous mechanic which clearly can be exploited/abused
    • the OP deserves the presumption of innocence until an impartial HUMAN BEING reviews the charges/evidence
    • it's in the best interest of the community to be aware of this policy
    • there's no other recourse to take within the system
    But you're right. Instead of bringing this to Cryptic/Atari's attention on their own, internally-moderated forums, perhaps it would be better to address this matter on 3rd party forums and blogs. Lord knows what this game needs most right now is more great press. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No my account wasn't TRIBBLE. I have a scary suspicion that if someone accidentally clicks on YOUR name for spam, they don't even check and suspend you. It is the only viable and logical conclusion I can reach.

I opened a ticket and really can't wait to hear their reason. And yes I will post an update, cause this is LOL fail on their part.

It is an automated procedure, that said. It would have to be more than just one person. It would have to be quite a few [we don't know numbers, and really we shouldn't]. I'd suggest putting a support ticket in game, so it can get looked into, while there's a fair chance the immediate problem will resolve itself by then, at least they can use that information to improve the service in the future.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Probably because:
    • the OP deserves the presumption of innocence until an impartial HUMAN BEING reviews the charges/evidence
    But you're right. Instead of bringing this to Cryptic/Atari's attention on their own, internally-moderated forums, perhaps it would be better to address this matter on 3rd party forums and blogs. Lord knows what this game needs most right now is more great press. :rolleyes:

This person also made a QQ post about being silenced, so naturally they side with the OP.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Probably because:

Attempting to use logic or common sense will probably get you silenced.;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    syberghost wrote: »
    It would take a great many people accidentally clicking your name. One won't do it.

Tell me specifically how many people constitute a "great many"?

5? 10? 25? 500? 10,000??

Otherwise, stop blowing smoke up my youknowwhat.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They've never said how many reports it takes to get silenced, but every indication seems to be that it at least takes more than one report. I think a good question raised by this thread is, does this just count "report spam" or does "ignore" also count toward this limit.

This does imply, though, that more than one person ignored or reported you. So if you were being annoying in chat, like the tribble thing others mentioned, or recruiting, that may be why you got silenced. Another possibility is that a few people conspired to do this do you because they're jerks, in which case the system is abusable.

I'd like to know what the silencing threshold is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This thread really needs to be closed at this point.
    Alot of troll posts
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This person also made a QQ post about being silenced, so naturally they side with the OP.

Because everything is so cut and dry as such.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

An astute retort from the "she was asking for it" peanut gallery.

Doesn't STO just have a lovely community? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So I log in today, go to say hi in fleet chat and get the message I am silenced for 12 hours. There isn't a a single thing I have said or done in game that would come close to warranting this, and on top of it, I have not a single ounce of an explanation from Cryptic. That is beyond scary that they would just suspend people with NO EXPLANATION.

No email in game.

No email out of game.

Just banned with no explanation and no way to communicate with a single person in game.

Honestly, if you want me to really hate your product and not play it, you are doing a fantastic job.

This is not the correct way to do this. Discussing disciplinary actions is not allowed on forums. Please contact our support.

/Closed
This discussion has been closed.