test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why do the few that seem to be happy with the game seem to want to flame the unhappy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Vraa wrote:
    I have been around a number of game launches as a older MMO player and make no mistakes I am disappointed with this launch. That being said I am a lifer and thus I hold hope that the product shall be improved with time, though I fear they may attempt to do so via the C-Store.

But I don't understand why in gods name those here on the forums that do enjoy the game get so blasted aggressive and demeaning to those that are so dramatically disappointed. Truth be told I love science fiction MMO and none could be a better IP than STO, but if I were paying monthly right now I would have no problem with not keeping my SUB going.

Because the converse also holds true.

Consider, that you decided to make a thread lambasting those who are happy. :).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    complainers are not exclusive to either side of an arguement ..neither are they exclusive to a game forum. My guess is that most are just as miserable in thier rl dealings as they are here.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Because the whiners outnumber the happy people on the forums, so the happy people have to say something now and then to make it clear that this game isn't populated just by the bitter. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Neksis wrote:
    Because the whiners outnumber the happy people on the forums, so the happy people have to say something now and then to make it clear that this game isn't populated just by the bitter. :D

That works. And so does whining about the whiners and whining about that.

Thanks for canceling our subscriptions, it's been grand! ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why is an opinion or a complaint automatically a "whine" to you people? That's why you get flamed and so many refuse to respect what your side has to say. Which is a shame, because there are plenty of reasonable people who like the game who aren't a-holes and they get lopped into the same category as the people who want STO to be successful, but at the same time are begging like half of the playerbase who's financially supporting the game they love, to leave.

:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That works. And so does whining about the whiners and whining about that.

Thanks for canceling our subscriptions, it's been grand! ;)

Can you refund my lts too please?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vraa wrote:
    I have been around a number of game launches as a older MMO player and make no mistakes I am disappointed with this launch. That being said I am a lifer and thus I hold hope that the product shall be improved with time, though I fear they may attempt to do so via the C-Store.

But I don't understand why in gods name those here on the forums that do enjoy the game get so blasted aggressive and demeaning to those that are so dramatically disappointed. Truth be told I love science fiction MMO and none could be a better IP than STO, but if I were paying monthly right now I would have no problem with not keeping my SUB going.

May as well ask yourselves why people unhappy with the game flame those that are happy. Or do you think the term 'Fanboi' came out of love? These things work both ways.

People are people.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well a few threads about what you really like about STO could be a great thing to start seeing on the forums as we are rather overcome with a very high level of negativity at the time being.

That being said, from reading the reply's, I do understand the people that post many of the "I QUIT" style threads are flaming the game, but you must be able to understand if you were as disappointed as they were, to the point of quiting, you would be very upset as well and posting just as we are now.

I want to thank all of you who have taken the time to read this thread and hope maybe we can start to change some of the wasteful negativity on the forums if even one small bit. Understand this, many of the "I QUIT" were right there with the rest of us on day one of head start excited as can be to be playing a Star Trek MMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    personae wrote:
    May as well ask yourselves why people unhappy with the game flame those that are happy. Or do you think the term 'Fanboi' came out of love? These things work both ways.

People are people.

If you didn't insult people over a video game, they wouldn't call you that. There is a beginning and there is an end. Your choice too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vraa wrote:

I think it goes both way. Ive seen some great posts by other people who love and hate the game. And there is always someone who has to rush in and flame them for either loving or hating the game. And in turn there are posts by both lovers and haters of the game that are just awful and invite the flamers. There seems to be a fairly balanced occurrence of these type of people.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vraa wrote:

They started it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you didn't insult people over a video game, they wouldn't call you that. There is a beginning and there is an end. Your choice too.

There is no beginning and no end. Just a mobius strip of stupidity. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "They started it"?

Spoken like a true child.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Which came first? The fanboi or the flames?