Install Arc
Options

Im sorry...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol, yeah, I smirked a little when I read it, but I think they're more referring to the storyline. The storylines in the game are very Trek. The uninitiated can without a doubt do them and get an understanding of the storyline, but without the history and understanding of the lore, it probably doesn't mean much.

The story... that's what Zinc was talking about, yeah. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Im not. Im venting. And laughing that they think we belive them

no what that mean was when you write the letter you write it in a respectful way, no matter how you feel.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Even so, he's right about one thing: that statement is completely untrue. If anything, STO is definitely a casual mass marketed game.

Nah, I don't think so. See, even though this game IS a casual mass marketed game Cryptic just said they're not going to water it down...anymore then it already is. <LOL>.
    There seems to be a lot of confusion on the Troll/Fanboy issue, so I'm going to clear it up once and for all.

THIS is what an STO Fanboy looks like.
    THIS is what an STO Troll looks like.

And THIS is what neither of them will ever have.

I hereby nominate Uncle Romulus as WINNER of this thread!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lionheart wrote: »
    Just saying that the mechanic is a good thing. If I proved your point, is probably from a less negative perspective. :)

You said that it makes the game more appealing to more people, hence making it more mass market, hence making the statement even more lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cormoran wrote: »
    so THAT'S the 'it' that they don't get!....now i want to get it.

Forget "wheres sulu" I think "get it" is STO's meme
    majicebe wrote: »
    lol, yeah, I smirked a little when I read it, but I think they're more referring to the storyline. The storylines in the game are very Trek. The uninitiated can without a doubt do them and get an understanding of the storyline, but without the history and understanding of the lore, it probably doesn't mean much.

The story... that's what Zinc was talking about, yeah. ;)

Wheres the flaming "the federation doesnt murder civilians crowd? lol
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    no what that mean was when you write the letter you write it in a respectful way, no matter how you feel.

sorry kitty, if im writing, im gonna be venting cause ppl lying to me ****es me off.
    kamui wrote: »
    Nah, I don't think so. See, even though this game IS a casual mass marketed game Cryptic just said they're not going to water it down...anymore then it already is. <LOL>.

lol its conflictingly funny
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There seems to be a lot of confusion on the Troll/Fanboy issue, so I'm going to clear it up once and for all.

THIS is what an STO Fanboy looks like.
    THIS is what an STO Troll looks like.

And THIS is what neither of them will ever have.

i think the guy on the second picture might get what's on the third picture... he is armed, you should not underestimate that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OP: Aren't you still a lifer? Why on Earth why are you?
    Wheres the flaming "the federation doesnt murder civilians crowd? lol

Still laughing...or unconscious from the mass /facepalm.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't mind casual games at all, but with Star Trek I REALLY wanted this one to be indepth and not aimed at the casual player.

This was a game I could see myself playing for months, years. Spending lazy days just glued to the PC in an attempt to progress even further. Fully explore everything the game had to offer.

The Star Trek IP deserves that kind of treatment and Star Trek fans in general aren't usually 'dumb' so a more hardcore game would have been perfect.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Slackjaw wrote:
    Yup this is gonna be a 20 page flame fest. If i was not so tired and going to bed i would stay up to watch the flamefest i am sure it is going to be entertaining. have fun with it.:D

lol it only got to 4
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OP: Aren't you still a lifer? Why on Earth why are you?

I like the gameplay sadly.
    People CAN be critical AND STILL PLAY
    As long as I have money invested in this; I have a "right" to voice my opinion. If I were to get a refund, Id have to move on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Is this where I am supposed to call you a fanboi?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Heliotrope wrote: »
    Is this where I am supposed to call you a fanboi?

Nope, I dont blind myself so that I only see the cryptic brand of truth
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nope, I dont blind myself so that I only see the cryptic brand of truth

I think you're exaggerating. I have seen no one here who fits that extremist description.

Point is -- *I* would have been called a fan boi if I had said that. Go figure.

Anyway, this is where the road splits.

Ciao.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Heliotrope wrote: »
    I think you're exaggerating. I have seen no one here who fits that extremist description.

Point is -- *I* would have been called a fan boi if I had said that. Go figure.

Anyway, this is where the road splits.

Ciao.

yeah, youd have to objecively look in the mirror or your post history. THAT aint gonna happen
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, that boggled me a little. This game is blatantly mass-market appealing with how damn easy and casual it is. Anyone could saunter in and be RA inside a week.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its trolling to call them out for lying to us?

I hardly think you can classify that as lying, opinion yes, lying no.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    People CAN be critical AND STILL PLAY
    As long as I have money invested in this; I have a "right" to voice my opinion. If I were to get a refund, Id have to move on.

Heh not saying do don't have the right as a subscriber, just that you seem angrier about the state of the game by the day. Quite a few lifers have cancelled and gone month to month. You can give all the feedback you want, but ultimately the only feedback that matters is with your wallet. Once Mar 5th rolls around and you lose your ability to cancel, your voice will mean nothing. What are you going to do if in April you're fed up...cancel? I have more faith in Bioware than any other devs out there, but I wouldn't even buy a lifer sub to TOR if it were offered.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OH COME ON
    Casual aimed
    STAR TREK FFS
    it can be soloed entirely
    This game doesnt COME more "mass market"
    Im really NOT trying to troll here but COME ON
    I really dont like being told that the stuff in my sandwich is bologna when its tuna

Mmmmmmm bologna.